PDA

View Full Version : The first song you played on your MINI's Stereo

duncan
17th April 2003, 04:10 AM
I thought long and hard about this before i collected my MINI from John Clark.

I ended up with 1977 by Ash.

So what was yours?

Monsta Mo Mini
17th April 2003, 04:48 AM
By strange coincedence...
I had made up a compilation CD especially for my first drive and the first track on that CD was.....

1977 by Ash!!!!, second track was the greatest song ever written by the greatest band ever formed.. .

Debaser by the Pixies:D:D

Linda M
17th April 2003, 06:13 AM
Strangely enough, the track that Calum used for the festive run video was the first track I played in Daisy.
The Middle by Jimmy Eat World :cool:

Willie M
17th April 2003, 03:56 PM
Continuing the guitar based theme...
It was one of the following two:

All over now - Wilt
Surround - American Hi-Fi
Monkey Wrench - Foo Fighters

oh alright, I know that's three ;)

john
17th April 2003, 05:09 PM
When I first picked up my car it had the cassette in it and I drove straight home to rip the car appart and fit my own goodies:D

Then the exhaust and induction kit sounded so good I have no idea when I first listened to a CD in the car :)

And as I listen to all sorts of crap its probably best that I have forgoten:D

Wul
17th April 2003, 05:33 PM
When i collected the car it was the radio on - Radio 1 I think!

The first CD was when i got the changer from Bonnie Scotland and he geneously threw Nirvana in there for me too - so it was one of those tracks for me!

Although heve to admit the Italian Job soundtrack on CD sounds the business - especially get a bloomin move on! :)

minidriver#1
17th April 2003, 05:38 PM
Made you Look - Nas :P

lightbody
17th April 2003, 06:01 PM
Embarassingly, I think it was Kylie! But then it was November 01 and she was big way back then!

jaybeeonline
17th April 2003, 07:48 PM
HEE, HEE. Gonna sound really sad here, but the first track played when I picked the MINI up from Henry Bros, was..............................

Red Eyes and Tears by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, coz I had just borrowed :blackeye: it from a friend.

Probably the wrong track to play, but it hey, it could've been worse.
The wife coulda got there first and played Westl*fe. :dead::dead::dead:

Monsta Mo Mini
17th April 2003, 08:21 PM
Nowt wrong with BRMC:D

GAJ
17th April 2003, 08:31 PM
"This is the self preservation society!!! - Get a bloody move on!"
Kinda regret it now - wish it had been something cooler! I also wish that I had a simple way of listening to my iPod in the car - I hate fiddling with CD's and end up listening to the same one for weeks! Current in-car favourite is Rock n Roll by the New York Dolls!

Julz
17th April 2003, 08:36 PM
I had it planned, 'Buck Rogers' by Feeder, because;
"(S)he's got a brand new car, looks like a Jaguar(??), it's got leather seats, it's got a cd player....":D

Monsta Mo Mini
17th April 2003, 09:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

"This is the self preservation society!!! - Get a bloody move on!"
Kinda regret it now - wish it had been something cooler! I also wish that I had a simple way of listening to my iPod in the car - I hate fiddling with CD's and end up listening to the same one for weeks! Current in-car favourite is Rock n Roll by the New York Dolls!

I have it from a reliable source that there is a way of linking an iPod to a conventional CD slot. I'll post here when I find out how it works.

Linda M
17th April 2003, 11:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

I hate fiddling with CD's and end up listening to the same one for weeks!
I've been listening to the same mini disc over and over since I got Daisy in December :I I keep going to make more but never get round to it :clown:

Julz
18th April 2003, 04:20 PM
Well, we have to make about three copies of a cd when we get a new one (house, BabyB & Herbie) and I've been playing Good Charlotte non-stop, highly recommended, but the cd is starting to jump, I think I've worn it out!!!!:evil:;)

GAJ
18th April 2003, 11:18 PM
quote:[
I have it from a reliable source that there is a way of linking an iPod to a conventional CD slot. I'll post here when I find out how it works.

Please do - all I can think of is an FM transmitter.