PDA

View Full Version : Dodo Juice Wax

Ivano
18th November 2008, 02:27 PM
I am thinking about switching to Dodo Juice Wax... It seems to be very popular over in the 'Dub' scene.

And given the finish Volvic achieved on his GP it is very tempting... I already have a good finish on my Black MINI (as Aerojonny will confirm) but i'm always wanting more... ha ha

Anyone else using Dodo Juice and if so what are your thoughts?

MrMischief
18th November 2008, 08:05 PM
Been looking at a few different waxes too as I want to keep the cars sealed up over winter, Dodo Juice being one of them. The others I'm considering are Victoria Concours Wax & good old Poorboys Nattys Paste Wax.

Any advice to how they all compare??? I had pretty good results with my MR2 Roadster with Poorboys before, gave really nice water beading which lasted for quite a while.

Cheers :thumbs up:
Steve

Craig
18th November 2008, 09:34 PM
never used Dodo Juice so can't comment on it..

I have been using Collinte 476S and 915 more recently. Goes on easy and comes off nice. Gives a nice deep shine and last for aaaaages. Beads very well ;)

all depends on your budget and what you like at the end of the day. ;);)

Smitty
19th November 2008, 12:35 AM
I use Dodo Juice Rainforest Rub - which is suitable for all shades of paint, other than pastel colors (hence why I can use it on Black roof and silver body work).

I can defo recommend it. It's so easy to apply - takes half an hour max to do the whole car. And the beading last's months. I haven't done mine for nearly 3 months (Don't shoot me please clean freaks - it's on this weekends to do list) and it's still beading, particlary on the roof.

And it makes the car so easy to clean :smilewinkgrin: :yes nod:

Ivano
19th November 2008, 09:49 AM
Cheers for the comments guys.. I think i will try it and see.

ianking
19th November 2008, 10:02 AM
Do remember though that getting a quality finish is all in the surface preperation.

Ivano
19th November 2008, 02:37 PM
Do remember though that getting a quality finish is all in the surface preperation.

I use a Clay Bar and Meguairs Paint Cleaner before normally applying Meguairs Quick Detailing spray then either the Gold Class Wax or the NXT Tech Wax.

They should really name me Mr Meguair.... :yes nod:

Fester
19th November 2008, 08:38 PM
I use the Natty Blue (for dark coulours) and swear by it. Good value wax and builds up nicely in layers and you get a fantastic deep shine. Finnish was superb aafter a few layers, even had trouble getting soapy water to stick to the car when washing it.

Saying that was considering Dodo Juice.

mini16-123
21st November 2008, 10:53 AM
Yeh it is really good bought it the other day make sure you buy the 1 best suited for the colour of your car. The Dodo Juice i bought was called Purple Haze which is said that was best for dark coloured cars. Works amazing on my black mini.

euan
21st November 2008, 11:56 AM
Where did you get it from? This stuff looks pretty good, and I could do with some more wax.

GP BILLY
21st November 2008, 11:59 AM
Where did you get it from? This stuff looks pretty good, and I could do with some more wax.

All you need here euan:thumbs up: tim is also very helpfull;)

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/