PDA

View Full Version : Proof that minis are independent thinking beings

Sheilz
15th November 2008, 01:47 PM
Today specy was notified by Grampian Police that he is to be prosecuted for driving at 81mph on the A90 on the 18th October.

My passport has two stamps in it both dated the 18th October - one leaving Oman and the other entering Dubai. I left Dubai on the 25th October.

So there it is folks proof that at night when you are all in your beds, our little minis go out to play without telling us.

One nagging session coming up for specy. I dont know how many times I've told him MIND THE SPEED LIMIT :thud:

Sheilz
15th November 2008, 01:48 PM
Damn my :computer: skills are questionable (some would say so is my sanity ) :blush:

Gismo
15th November 2008, 01:51 PM
Damn my :computer: skills are questionable (some would say so is my sanity ) :blush:Now now, it's all better :computer:
So, now the hassle of trying to clear your name :Whistle:

stoney
16th November 2008, 09:53 AM
FFS what they do when you are away

ask to see the photos of the car if it was a camrea van then they will be able to zoom in in the driver and you car would be hard to replecate as well

Sheilz
16th November 2008, 02:14 PM
I have sent off the paperwork informing them I wasn't in the country at the time. I suppose the next step will be a request to give them the evidence. It was at 20 past ten at night so would they be able to clock the driver? Was there a driver?:ragin:

Gismo
16th November 2008, 02:34 PM
Fingers crossed none of your family or friends, ahem "borrowed" specky whilst you were away :eek: :Whistle:

Hamish
16th November 2008, 04:10 PM
mmmh, I've heard of this too, it seems to be a new way to dodge the system... dodgy people see a car the same as they have and get a copy done of the number plate.

Think this is part of the reason that the companies who do replacement number plates have to be licenced now. If you can get a look at the photo, hopefully the police could zoom in on the plate... if there is a name or website underneath the plate number perhaps the police could track them that way (hopefully they have been dumb enough not to cover that up).

What a pain for you though, sorry to hear.

stoney
16th November 2008, 04:36 PM
I have sent off the paperwork informing them I wasn't in the country at the time. I suppose the next step will be a request to give them the evidence. It was at 20 past ten at night so would they be able to clock the driver? Was there a driver?:ragin:

that depends on the camrea if it was a van then most likely if it was a fixed then no cos they take the photo from behind

just have to see what happens now :hand:

Bumble
16th November 2008, 10:12 PM
Woo naughty specy - it's like he was having a house party while his parents were away!

Sheilz
16th November 2008, 10:15 PM
Fingers crossed none of your family or friends, ahem "borrowed" specky whilst you were away :eek: :Whistle:

If anyone did that person is keeping afie quiet! Just wait till the mugshot comes through :Whistle:

Gismo
17th November 2008, 03:58 AM
All the A90 cameras take the pictures from behind the car

euan
17th November 2008, 10:35 AM
Someone tried to nick my reg plate off the BMW once, must have been disturbed as they only got one screw off it, I assume for the camera dodge. But if you were really going to do that, would you do it in a small village with a private reg plate?

stoney
17th November 2008, 07:22 PM
All the A90 cameras take the pictures from behind the car

unless its a camrea van then that takes the pic from the front :p

AndyP & Lenore
17th November 2008, 08:06 PM

Stoney, you can't rely on that. If they have the big camera pointed out a different hole, they can get you as you drive away from them. Had a look around one of these vans and spoke to the operator at Fast & Modified. Thats what he told me.

A.

Craig
17th November 2008, 08:49 PM

camera vans don't work in the dark as they don't have flashes.. ;)

so only the static ones work at night... :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
17th November 2008, 09:06 PM
Just realised this should really be in General Discussion, so it's been moved.:blush:

A.:thumbs up:

Smitty
18th November 2008, 12:20 AM
camera vans don't work in the dark as they don't have flashes.. ;)

so only the static ones work at night... :thumbs up:

If only that were the case - my Dad and mate both got taken by a mobile unit in Aberdeen at 9 o'clock in the evening with minimal street lighting so it appears they do work in the dark :sad: :frown:

Craig
18th November 2008, 08:56 AM
If only that were the case - my Dad and mate both got taken by a mobile unit in Aberdeen at 9 o'clock in the evening with minimal street lighting so it appears they do work in the dark :sad: :frown:

ah well, each safety camera partnership must be different as the ones in Stirling don't ;) Strange, I thought there was a national agreement on these things.. :confused:

Big Gordy
18th November 2008, 09:23 AM
Strange, I thought there was a national agreement on these things.. :confused:

Aye:sad: Its to make loads of dosh off them:ragin:

MrMischief
18th November 2008, 08:12 PM
This is a reminder to blank off your number plates when posting pics of your cars on the interweb ;)

Hope it works out Sheilz...

AndyP & Lenore
18th November 2008, 10:52 PM
This is a reminder to blank off your number plates when posting pics of your cars on the interweb ;)

Hope it works out Sheilz...

I understand your reasons for saying this MrM, but it's absolute nonsense. Your car is sitting on your driveway and on all the roads. if someone wants to copy your number plate down their not gonna use the Internet to find your reggie. They just need to go out and drive round almost any housing estate in the country to find any number of cars with a reggie they want to steal.

A.

euan
19th November 2008, 10:25 AM
I understand your reasons for saying this MrM, but it's absolute nonsense. Your car is sitting on your driveway and on all the roads. if someone wants to copy your number plate down their not gonna use the Internet to find your reggie. They just need to go out and drive round almost any housing estate in the country to find any number of cars with a reggie they want to steal.

A.

That takes effort Andy - why make it easy?

There are camera vans that work in the dark, there is often one on the A3 going into London, hiding under a bridge after a blind bend. And it also has a camera out the front as well - the one at the back identifies the speeding car and takes a picture, the one out the front also takes a photo so they can get bikes.

Ivano
19th November 2008, 02:53 PM
This is insane....never heard of this before.

Need to watch what i say but in the past i was falsley done for speeding a few years ago and was so adament that it was a whole load of rubbish i challenged it and won..Needless to say the officers were questioned, and as a result the Police had to go to the Procurator Fiscal to explain there so called error (But really they were at it) and the traffic divison officers were put back into re-training.. (Should have been sacked in my opinion) and got a letter of apology from one of the Traffic Chiefs in Glasgow.

I don't have much respect for the Traffic Police now given what they tried to pull on me...

Hope you get your situation sorted out :thumbs up:

MrMischief
19th November 2008, 11:19 PM

A.

I understand what you're saying but Euan sees my point - it's much less effort for them to go to google images and search for a pic of a red mini for example...instead of going out (in a stolen car ;)) to find a similar one to copy...and also, it makes sense for them not to select one that's too local to them, so they go back and look on the web. My point is - why make it easy for them?

Sheilz
20th November 2008, 01:09 AM
This is insane....never heard of this before.

Need to watch what i say but in the past i was falsley done for speeding a few years ago and was so adament that it was a whole load of rubbish i challenged it and won..Needless to say the officers were questioned, and as a result the Police had to go to the Procurator Fiscal to explain there so called error (But really they were at it) and the traffic divison officers were put back into re-training.. (Should have been sacked in my opinion) and got a letter of apology from one of the Traffic Chiefs in Glasgow.

I don't have much respect for the Traffic Police now given what they tried to pull on me...

Hope you get your situation sorted out :thumbs up:

That sounds as if it was a pretty horrible experience. Truthfully I'm not in the slightest bit worried about this. I have evidence they can't dispute in the form of my passport. Even specy's ma cant be in two places at the same time :hand:

GCA3N
26th November 2008, 12:02 AM
I used to be in the police so here is a couple of tips if you still have not taken the points for the speeding offence. If you were caught in the 70 zone doing 81mph then it would be very unlikely that they will take you to court ( normally anything less that 88mph in 70 would not go to court) They will ask you even for very small offences (ie 74 in a 70) but forget about it. The second thing is that the offence will time bar after 26 weeks from the date of the offence. So by posponing your payment, it will probably go by this time before anything happens. I guess in short don't pay. Any more advice just ask.

SimonS
26th November 2008, 10:40 AM
If the alledged offence was on the 18th Oct and the NIP did not get to you until the 15th Nov I would check the postmark.
To be valid, the NIP must be posted in sufficient time to be with you by the 14th day after the offence. For example, if they post it 1st class on the 13th day then they can reasonably expect it to be with you by the 14th. If it gets delayed in the post then it is still valid. If however they have waited nearly 4 weeks to post it then they are having a laugh!
There are certain exceptions to the rule (company cars, owner not the driver etc). Google is your friend.