PDA

View Full Version : 2 Min Silence

Gismo
9th November 2008, 12:03 PM
Anyone else observe the 2 minute silence today, sad that our country were involved in these wars in the first place, but, just a little thing to do to pay your respects :yes nod:

Bumble
9th November 2008, 12:20 PM
Proud to say I did.

Craig
9th November 2008, 07:49 PM
Yup - it's a small price to pay compared to what some of our Troops go thro', or have gone thro. :thumbs up:

Knox18
9th November 2008, 07:51 PM
i did, was in dumfries in a tesco's and it was so strange being in a supermarket with no beaping from the tills etc,

weefossy
9th November 2008, 08:21 PM
Proud to play in Pipe Band at the North Berwick ceremony, hopefully "We will never forget"

Sheilz
9th November 2008, 09:44 PM
I suppose I kind of did though if I was snoring - then I didn't :blush:

Scottie
9th November 2008, 10:51 PM
yes we did.

Allan when he was seventeen and only in the army seven weeks and doing his basic training was one of the recruits (only eighteen out of the 120 recruits) chosen to do the parade at whitehall he was on the left side directly in front of where the Queen was laying the reef as a recruit it was a honor to be chosen to do the parade. Little did he know what lay ahead of him six years later with the Gulf and stuff
but you know out of it all the worse thing and the only thing he won't talk about was what he had to do at Lockerbie. If he knew I was typing this he wouldn't be happy.:blush::blush: but I'm proud of what he has done:thumbs up:

N12 JLK
9th November 2008, 10:56 PM
We had our 2 minutes silence in church today, Kerr was there with the BB. Very sad when you think of all the suffering people went through in the great wars and human still dont learn.

Sheilz
9th November 2008, 11:02 PM
We had our 2 minutes silence in church today, Kerr was there with the BB. Very sad when you think of all the suffering people went through in the great wars and human still dont learn.

You're right. Monkeys would probably have learned the lesson more quickly and thoroughly.

N12 JLK
9th November 2008, 11:10 PM
You're right. Monkeys would probably have learned the lesson more quickly and thoroughly.

I have a Roger Waters album ( from Pink Floyd) called Amused to death, there is a song from the album talking about how humans basically are destructive and he writes about a monkey in a corner writing all this down learning how not to feck things up.

Mini Ecosse
10th November 2008, 09:36 AM
2 mins silence observed on flight to Australia. The plane captain kept us up to date with UK time so as we were in time with the folks back home.

mini saltire
10th November 2008, 01:33 PM
I also did the silence. I was sitting in the pits at Knockhill.