PDA

View Full Version : Rear Wiper

Fester
7th November 2008, 08:39 PM
Ok so now its been raining constantly and the grime off the roads is making me bum dirtier than ever I thought I'd get round to changing the rear wiper blade. Currently it wipes as much stuff of the back window as ....................... oh hell cant think of a useless wiper thing.

Changed the wiper blade but still the same, looking closer it would appear that the wiper arm is not pressing hard enough to the glass. Any way to make this better????

Cheers
Stephen

midge
9th November 2008, 10:19 PM
A stiffer spring might be the answer, personally I don't use the rear wiper for fear that the grit and dirt that lies on the blade will scrath the glass.

Sheilz
9th November 2008, 10:57 PM
Ok so now its been raining constantly and the grime off the roads is making me bum dirtier than ever I thought I'd get round to changing the rear wiper blade. Currently it wipes as much stuff of the back window as ....................... oh hell cant think of a useless wiper thing.

Changed the wiper blade but still the same, looking closer it would appear that the wiper arm is not pressing hard enough to the glass. Any way to make this better????

Cheers
Stephen

I always felt that specy's back wiper didn't work very efficiently. It finally conked and I did what you do, just didnt bother with it. Got it replaced after specy got into a scuffle with a tractor. Has been fine ever since.

Forbes
10th November 2008, 01:25 AM
Still better than mine, my wiper stopped working back in April. Will get it fixed at somepoint.

Fester
10th November 2008, 08:35 PM
A stiffer spring might be the answer, personally I don't use the rear wiper for fear that the grit and dirt that lies on the blade will scrath the glass.

Was thinking that myself, if it stays dry fro long enough will have a look and see how I can improve it.

Cheers