PDA

View Full Version : About to visit the MINI garage for the 5th time...

rocker4500
5th November 2008, 10:08 AM
...to yet again attempt to get someone to sort my coolant proplem. It seems to just dry up!!!!! I have had it in so many times and all they do is say there is no problem and fill it up. The charged me last time for fitting some bottle and sorting the leak, £95 :argh::ragin: (that just so happened to be a coupe of days after the warrenty ran out!)
So i am now about to leave to go down their, throw the keys on the table and tell them I dont want it back til they have fixed it....and oh yes...I will NOT be paying :ragin::ragin::ragin:

Sheilz
9th November 2008, 11:00 PM
...to yet again attempt to get someone to sort my coolant proplem. It seems to just dry up!!!!! I have had it in so many times and all they do is say there is no problem and fill it up. The charged me last time for fitting some bottle and sorting the leak, £95 :argh::ragin: (that just so happened to be a coupe of days after the warrenty ran out!)
So i am now about to leave to go down their, throw the keys on the table and tell them I dont want it back til they have fixed it....and oh yes...I will NOT be paying :ragin::ragin::ragin:

Stick to your guns. Too many stories of garages ripping off customers. Hope you get it fixed ok.

rocker4500
11th November 2008, 02:09 AM
surprised...nope....apparently their is nothing wrong with it!!! Again!

Pressure checked it, had it running, had it on an extended road test....no leakage, no coolant disapearing!

So where is it going? Who knows...the advice....keep my eye on it! Well i have been for the last 3 months and i'm telling oyu...its going somewhere cause it emptied itself in 3 days of filling it up!!!!! :argh::argh:

GP BILLY
16th November 2008, 10:15 PM
The wifes 06 Park Lane is going into MINI tomorow......

The reason?

She has been saying for a couple of weeks that, when she starts the car
up and pulls away, she can hear what sounds like running water coming from
the back of the glove box. ( I honesty thought she was hearing things). I then took it out for a run, and I heard it for myself :rolleyes:.

I checked the coolant and suprise EMPTY, phone a mate today who works for MINI and told him the story, straight away he said it will be a faulty thermostat:thumbs up: he also said this is happning a lot just just now, maybe something you could get MINI to check on yours:thumbs up:

Hope this Helps...

Ivano
17th November 2008, 02:27 PM
I had major coolant problems last year (Can't find the previous posts at the moment) but i had the Thermostat replaced under warranty and touch wood not had any problems since then :thumbs up:

bry_mini
18th November 2008, 06:04 PM
exact same for me! thermostat replaced and all is fine!
after 3 or 4 times to the garage!

Craig
18th November 2008, 07:02 PM
Would a fault code reader pick up with the thermostat was faulty ? If so, surely they would plug it into a machine as part of their fault finding ?

Mr Noble, would you be able to shine any light on this ?;)

rocker4500
19th November 2008, 01:10 AM
Its funny you should mention that, because when they fixed it and charged me £95 for a new bottle thing when i got it back i started to hear running watter for around the same area!!! However it seems to have stopped now! Keeping an eye on the coolant at the moment!

C.Noble
19th November 2008, 01:13 AM
Would a fault code reader pick up with the thermostat was faulty ? If so, surely they would plug it into a machine as part of their fault finding ?

Mr Noble, would you be able to shine any light on this ?;)

I cant think of anyway a faulty thermostat would cause a code to be stored, not unless it got REALLY hot and started to self destruct, but then you wouldnt need a fault code to tell you something was up! :smilewinkgrin:

I must admit we have been experiencing a few thermostat failures this winter, but they are failing in the open position, so the only noticable symptom is a poor heater and some running faults as the system is running cold all the time. if this is the case, the cooling system shouldnt lose any coolant.

GP BILLY
19th November 2008, 01:43 PM
Parkie went in yesterday and thermostat was changed:thumbs up:
The machanic said they are doing up to 3 a day of these (must do a bad batch fitted at the factory)
will keep an eye on the coolant level for the next few days.

Burple
19th November 2008, 04:41 PM
This is all very interesting, as my car is going in tomorrow for a pre-end-of-warranty check up. One of the things I've stated to them already is exactly the same Coolant disappearing problem, and the sound of rushing water. The service guy so far told me "oh yeah, some of them do that". Sure. Mine has only started doing that in the last 3 weeks, I've had to top up the coolant at least twice a week since it's started. He told me that yes, but that's only a header tank. That's really not the point tho. If I have to top it up beacuse it's emptying itself below the 'minimum' mark, that means the water is going SOMEWHERE.

Interesting.. What age is the Park Lane, Volvic?

GP BILLY
19th November 2008, 05:02 PM
:rolleyes:I think its a 55 or 06 they put the wifes p/p on before
we took delivery of it, and I canny remember:rolleyes:

Burple
19th November 2008, 05:15 PM
:rolleyes:I think its a 55 or 06 they put the wifes p/p on before
we took delivery of it, and I canny remember:rolleyes:

No worries.. just wondering, Mine's a '55...
Could be right about a dubious batch of thermostats..

I'll wait to see what kind of an answer I get tomorrow... :rolleyes:
Whether they're on the ball to admit something is wrong and try to help and fix it, or if I'll get fobbed off again with the 'some of them just do that' nonsense to get me out of the door.
Which won't work :smilewinkgrin: