PDA

View Full Version : Do you "entertain" your cats.

AndyP & Lenore
5th November 2008, 01:03 AM
A new code of practice on how to care for your cat has been published by the Government.

WTF?!?! Hold on. These are MY taxes being spent on this right? What are they thinking of? Those who have cats and take good care of them don't need this guide. e.g. it states that your cat should have access to fresh water at all times. Talk about the bleeding obvious. And those who either abuse their pets, or neglect their pets aren't gonna read this anyway.

What a waste of money.:ragin:

Some of the comments on the BBC web site are quite funny though. BBC clicky linky catty (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7708411.stm)

How about a code of practice for cats care of humans. It would contain rules on when it is OK to weave between our legs (when sitting down) and when is not OK (top of stairs, moving pans full of hot soup from cooker to worktop surface). And that the words: "No, there's NO tuna in the household" doesn't mean, squawk louder and I'll drive to Tesco's and buy you some.

You have to wonder who at DEFRA thought this was a good use of tax payers money.:frown:

A.:frown:

mini saltire
5th November 2008, 10:03 AM
Do you entertain your cats.....

I think more people would have read this if the title from the government would have been..
"Do you play with your pussy?":laugh::laugh::laugh:

AndyP & Lenore
5th November 2008, 11:43 AM
Do you entertain your cats.....

I think more people would have read this if the title from the government would have been..
"Do you play with your pussy?":laugh::laugh::laugh:

Considered changing the title of the thread, but, I just can't bring myself to do it.:laugh:

A.:D

Ferengo
5th November 2008, 12:12 PM
My cats are a pain sometimes :argh:. I have one fat ginger one who will at 7am sit on you chest while you are asleep and start to whack you in the face with his claws. The other is cute and playfull one second and will tear your arm off the next. Wouldn't change them for the world though.

I agree though, a code for cats care over humans is a good idea :p. Many a time I have been tripped up or found my PS3 headset chewed :ragin:.

The Dogfather
5th November 2008, 02:59 PM
Cats are easy, try keeping two Border Collie's active.

mini saltire
5th November 2008, 03:05 PM
Oh no, I can see this thread becoming a Cat vs Dog ....

Cats Suck!! :moonie::moonie::moonie::moonie:

Dogs Rule :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
5th November 2008, 05:15 PM
Catz rule. :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

I miss our dogz. :blush::sad::blush::sad:

A.

Clare1
5th November 2008, 06:56 PM
We're going to see a 10 week old White Westie tomorrow near Dumfries, i've not had a dog for years, fingers crossed we get it! :smilewinkgrin:

Scottie
5th November 2008, 07:14 PM
I like cats I've owned 2. Mrs Murphy and then Toffee.

Much prefer dogs though

Cats are alright as long as they are outside cats that go in and out of the house.

Can't be bothered with litter trays and all that stuff.

Sheilz
5th November 2008, 10:49 PM
I love my cat. Sophie's a siamese - seal point - very sweet to all creatures except birds. Caught her trying to sneak into the house last week with a wee robin in her mouth. This morning watched her trying to catch a starling from my neighbours birdtable. Bloody hell never realised how far she could stretch her paws when in hot pursuit of our feathered friends. Starlings sat on the guttering laughing at her. Served her right. That's the bit of cats I dont like. Despite having a bell on her collar and a warning beeper on her last one she still manages to catch birdies.
Got a staffie - a solid lump of muscle but a muckle softie underneath. I love her unfailing loyalty. Now Sophie is loyal too but just when it suits her.

audrey
6th November 2008, 12:40 AM
Shielz I've got a staffie too hes just a big softy when you take him out he wont leave your side.Cant get him outside at all tonight terrified of the fireworks :frown:

Smurf
6th November 2008, 09:32 AM
I have a "slightly rounded" tortoiseshell moggie girl called Gypsy :smilewinkgrin:

She's a pain sometimes too - very vocal, won't shut up, even when you yell back at her. But she's so sweet and loving, I wouldn't swap her for anything.

Mind you, if she "loves" me like she did at 4am this morning again, I might change my mind... :argh: (Sat on me and licked my face when I couldn't get my arms out from under the duvet to stop her.)

Think she could definitely do with an instruction manual on how to care for her "hooman"!! :clap:

Bumble
6th November 2008, 09:41 AM
Another cat owned human here - Felix is an old man (nobody really knows how old), can't really hear very well, can't see very well, smells a bit, has no teeth, looses his balance on a regular occasion (very funny), gets lost on a regular basis and has the postie to thank for letting me know where he's last been spotted and often walks into walls cos he's too busy meowing for food at me.

Adopted him last year and hope that someone takes pity on me when I'm as old and as "challenged" as he is and looks after me!

Sheilz
7th November 2008, 12:14 AM
Shielz I've got a staffie too hes just a big softy when you take him out he wont leave your side.Cant get him outside at all tonight terrified of the fireworks :frown:

Cassie is the opposite when it comes to fireworks. When I came in she was up at the window watching them. Honestly she looked utterly ridiculous perched on the back of the armchair! She's really a fab dog. Its bizarre how they all think they're lapdogs. Mind you not so funny when she lands unannounced on your knee crushing bones. Big daft dog :laugh: