PDA

View Full Version : Another BBC complaint debacle.

AndyP & Lenore
4th November 2008, 04:57 PM
Top Gear Clarkson lorry driver prostitute joke brings complaints (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7707641.stm)

FFS. What is wrong with people?:argh:

It was a JOKE. A JOKE FFS.:argh::argh:

If this carries on, all that will be left is cooking and gardening programmes. BBC/RIP.:ragin:

A.:ragin:

euan
4th November 2008, 05:03 PM
Have you seen cooking programmes? Jamie Oliver swore like a trouper in his programme! Didn't bother me but it was a bit over the top. People complained, but did anything really happen with it? No.

I agree though, it is getting out of hand. Are we really a nation that can't take a joke anymore? The press need it to sell papers after all, and people seem to be complaining about the people who have "marmite" characters. You don't see people complaining about Tess Daly - who is possibly the worst TV presenter in history. But hey, she looks good in a frock (esp on Sunday night, but that's another story ;-))

Also, why do you not see this stuff on other networks, or is it just that I've not noticed it?

ianking
4th November 2008, 05:05 PM
Yes I read this earlier.

All I could think was 'I wish my life was so trouble free that I had time to get upset over such things then sit down and write a letter about the upset'.
These folks must have a great life if thats all they have to worry about.

They should give them selves a shake and not watch such programmes as Top Gear as there are always wee funny lines like that. I however love top gear and I realise that these lines are jokes.

Rant Over

Burple
4th November 2008, 05:28 PM
If this carries on, all that will be left is cooking and gardening programmes. BBC/RIP.:ragin:

A.:ragin:

No no.. you're wrong..

...there'll still be strictly come z-list celebrity ball room dancing on ice or whatever the hell it's called. :rolleyes:

Actually, that gives me an idea...

" Dear BBC, I wish to complain about a program I saw on your TV station the other night, called "strictly come z-list celebrity ball room dancing on ice". I found the content to be most offensive, and it upset me no end. How can you allow, and worse ADVERTISE this program to be aired on your station when its content is so obviously so banal and damaging to those of us in this once great nation who can still use our brains? Not to mention the blatant jumping-on-the-bandwagon-of-copying third-rate-reality-tv-series'. I demand a full investigation into the production and presenting team, and expect appropriate action to be taken - resignation of top BBC officials and presenting staff would be fine, ta.
"

You think it would work? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Next, I'll try one for Big brother, and any other TV station that airs a program wit the word 'celebrity' in its title. Bah humbug!! :laugh::laugh: lol.

illegalhunter
4th November 2008, 06:29 PM
Because thats what us Brits do best complain , jump on the bandwaggon
Now here is the best ever letter to points of view Frankie Boyle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yjJFt3uFVw

AndyP & Lenore
4th November 2008, 07:40 PM
You think it would work? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Next, I'll try one for Big brother, and any other TV station that airs a program wit the word 'celebrity' in its title. Bah humbug!! :laugh::laugh: lol.

You'll be delighted to hear then, that "I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here!" restarts on ITV soon.:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up: Quality entertainment.:cool:

A.:D

camjay
4th November 2008, 07:58 PM
You know, watching Top Gear the other night I said to my husband that there would be trouble over Clarkson's comments! I thought at the time it was a bit much but still had a laugh. But to be honest these folk complaining really need to get a life!!!:yes nod:

Mini Ecosse
5th November 2008, 07:53 AM
FFS If folks don't like programme why not just use the OFF switch.
:eek::eek::D:D

mini saltire
5th November 2008, 10:01 AM
It was funny....most things that are 'close to the bone' are funny.

BBC should refund the Licence money to the complainers and then ban them from watching BBC TV, that would sort out the twats who have obviously accidently switched over from Stricty Come Dancing.:laugh: