PDA

View Full Version : The Spring Spin - Sun 5th April 2009 - EVENT CANCELLED

Forbes
3rd November 2008, 06:17 PM
EVENT CANCELLED

The route is yet to be confirmed but will probably be Strathcaro Services, Banchory, Alford, Ballater and finishing at Perth Broxden Services. Would be around the 150miles, so quite long. Start and finish at petrol stations. Not sure on a lunch, possibly a picnic at a park in alford but will try and find a restaurant because we all know the Scottish weather!

Date will be Sun the 5th of April

1- 0004BES
2- Craig & Jude
3- The Gismo Man
4- V3 NGS
5- rpn
6- Dellie
7- Duncan Stewart
8- john
9- Bumble
10- Fairy (Maybe)
11- N12 JLK (Maybe)

Gismo
3rd November 2008, 06:43 PM
As Craig said, make a date and stick to it.
I caqn virtually make any date in April, so, put me down :thumbs up:

V3 NGS
3rd November 2008, 08:34 PM
Count me and me Julie ... hope you have a fuel stop in there somewhere 150 miles for me gas guzzler could be pushing it.... :thumbs up:

I might have washed the min by then :eek: so it will be time to get it mingin again :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

dellie
3rd November 2008, 09:43 PM
Id be up for depending on the date and how many petrol stations there is on the route LOL

Forbes
3rd November 2008, 10:46 PM
Cool guys. Cheers for the replies.:thumbs up:
Cheers Craig going to do a recce this week, will look for petrol stations aswell guys. Any other tips for making it a good run?:confused:

rpn
3rd November 2008, 11:17 PM
I would be up for it. April is a free month for me, so far, unless something else crop up between now and then. Away for a week sometimes in March and two weeks in May next year.

Done that round trip couple of times before but always on the bike and never in a http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w214/rpn48/car.gif yet.

Duncan Stewart
4th November 2008, 08:51 PM
Sounds like a good run :D We would be up for it

Forbes
7th November 2008, 10:18 PM
Sorry not had a chance to recce it...
Date will be Sunday 5th of April 2009

Will hopefully recce and post a proper thread next week, if i get a chance.

Forbes
20th January 2009, 04:06 PM
Did the first stage of recce today. Will hopefully manage the rest soon. But Brechin to Banchory is sorted. Hopefully people will like the roads, slow and fast sections, A roads and unmarked roads.

john
20th January 2009, 04:30 PM
Sound very much like a shortened cullen run, put me down too

Forbes
20th January 2009, 04:54 PM
Not quite we finish in Perth but only done a bit of the recce. Added you.

john
20th January 2009, 05:16 PM
If you need a hand with the Recce let me know.

Forbes
20th January 2009, 05:21 PM
Cheers:thumbs up: I am getting it done slowly, its just the roads... like Cairn o'mount was closed for snow, but ended up finding a good back road instead. Will keep it in mind though.

Bumble
20th January 2009, 08:39 PM
my back sound be all good by then ... add me please!

Forbes
21st January 2009, 12:58 AM
Lets hope so. Thats you added

Fairy
29th January 2009, 09:49 AM
Hi, Can you please add me as a maybe (Malaysian GP is on that day though :frown:)

ELFMAN
29th January 2009, 04:20 PM
Sorry guys, can't make this one - family stuff beckons... Have a good run!

N12 JLK
29th January 2009, 07:56 PM
Can you put me down as a maybe please

Forbes
30th January 2009, 01:16 AM
Thats you guys added!:thumbs up:

Forbes
7th February 2009, 02:37 PM
Plan was to finish the recce today with Ryan but the weather and the forecast would have made it a waste of time. We will try again soon

Forbes
14th March 2009, 02:42 PM
I am not going to be able to do the complete doing the recce due to Uni and work commitments. Sorry for any trouble this may have caused. I have done part of the recce so if anyone wants to take over feel free. Sorry guys but for now the event is cancelled.

Can I also add that I never realised the amount of effort and time that goes into organising a run and say a big Thank You to all the guys that have and still do organise the runs and events.

Craig
14th March 2009, 09:30 PM
Ben, don't worry about it...:yes nod:

I was going to have to cancel anyway as I want to take a trip down to see mikey and couldn't have done that and your run.

Glad you appreciate the effort other organisers put in... :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Gismo
15th March 2009, 06:07 AM
Sorry to hear Ben, but, at least you advised everyone in plenty of time.
One thing, i hope it doesn't put you off organising in the future?
Even for all the hard work it is very rewarding to get to the finish point knowing that everyone's arrived there safely and have had a good time.

After the first one it does get easier, like giving birth apparently :Whistle:

GCA3N
15th March 2009, 08:44 AM
Sorry to hear Ben, but, at least you advised everyone in plenty of time.
One thing, i hope it doesn't put you off organising in the future?
Even for all the hard work it is very rewarding to get to the finish point knowing that everyone's arrived there safely and have had a good time.

After the first one it does get easier, like giving birth apparently :Whistle:

only harder.....:eek::Whistle:

Forbes
15th March 2009, 01:07 PM
Yeh i will try again at somepoint, and will still go on Craig's run in April i hope

stoney
15th March 2009, 02:21 PM
you defo should do one as it is real good fun

Bumble
15th March 2009, 06:24 PM
aww fully understand - I've never organised a run but can imagine there's a big time commitment and your studies take priority

Colin
15th March 2009, 11:53 PM
Never mind there's always next year. :thumbs up: Hope you've not been put off the idea. I did my first run last year and understand the time it takes to make it happen :yes nod: