PDA

View Full Version : N12 JLK New Cooper S

N12 JLK
2nd November 2008, 11:06 PM
Hello all, hope you enjoyed the manky thrash today, I was getting our new S prepared for the Scottish roads today. We picked it up yesterday and didn't get time to enjoy it as we had to put it in the garage as we had a wedding. This morning it was machine polished in places and had Zymol HD cleanser applied to it before the Zymol wax was applied, the roof had to be fully machined as it was black and showed up every wee nick even though it is new. 3 miles on the clock and now has 30 today.
The difference from this R56 S to our old 2 year old R56 S is vast, our old R56 was one of the first and had a few niggles so it was time for a change. When you start the new one up it sound so much better and the whole feel of the car is amazing everything that was wrong with our early R56 has been fixed. I must admit I should have never changed from Chilli red as I always pined for my red Cooper. I'm sooo happy with our new purchase only bugger is the roads are all salty now:sad: and you know how car proud I am. Picture for you all to browse if your interested.

Jason, Lesley and Kerr. Sorry for the quality of the pics they were taken on our mobile phone as some bugger stole our camera when on a tour of a football stadium.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/chilli%20red/158.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/chilli%20red/157.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/chilli%20red/156.jpg

reflection on the black roof
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/chilli%20red/154.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/chilli%20red/153.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/chilli%20red/152.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/chilli%20red/151.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/chilli%20red/150.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/chilli%20red/149.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/chilli%20red/148.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/chilli%20red/147.jpg

Gismo
2nd November 2008, 11:09 PM
Way too shiny :thumbs up:

ianking
2nd November 2008, 11:11 PM
Yes indeed looking good.

Good polishing, cleansing and waxing job I must say. ;)

N12 JLK
2nd November 2008, 11:11 PM
Way too shiny :thumbs up:

What would you know what shiny was:thumbs up:

N12 JLK
2nd November 2008, 11:12 PM
Yes indeed looking good.

Good polishing, cleansing and waxing job I must say. ;)

Bloody cowboy did it

RyanK
2nd November 2008, 11:13 PM
Looks the badgers nadgers! Webspokes FTW

N12 JLK
2nd November 2008, 11:14 PM
Looks the badgers nadgers! Webspokes FTW

We are old and dont know what ftw is, sorry:confused:

rpn
2nd November 2008, 11:15 PM
Nice car :thumbs up: very nice indeed :thumbs up:

What colour is that? Looks kinda 'shocking' pink to me or is it just the camera/photo!!!

some bugger stole our camera when on a tour of Ibrox

enough said. :rolleyes:

N12 JLK
2nd November 2008, 11:16 PM
Nice car :thumbs up: very nice indeed :thumbs up:

What colour is that? Looks kinda 'shocking' pink to me or is it just the camera/photo!!!

enough said. :rolleyes:

Chilli Red and the cameras pish:thumbs up:

RyanK
2nd November 2008, 11:19 PM
We are old and dont know what ftw is, sorry:confused:

haha Sorry, just trying to say I like them alot :yes nod:

N12 JLK
2nd November 2008, 11:23 PM
haha Sorry, just trying to say I like them alot :yes nod:

Ok sir, still none the wiser on ftw take its sweary:thumbs up:

audrey
2nd November 2008, 11:30 PM
Amazing :yes nod: Love it :thumbs up:

Bazthemod
2nd November 2008, 11:49 PM
Looks great i must say, very slick!

Im starting to get the new car itch... ohh dear :p

leighj
2nd November 2008, 11:53 PM
i like it!
thought it was pink though!

Sheilz
3rd November 2008, 12:29 AM
Looks fab. I also thought it was pink! Speaking of which :off topic: I saw a very bright cerise pink mini with body kit outside Freuchie on Saturday. Just as well I'd on my shades otherwise I'd have been blinded!

The red and black looks terrrific. Hope the new car proves itself to be trouble free :thumbs up::clap::clap:

AndyP & Lenore
3rd November 2008, 12:42 AM
Very shiny Mr Nicol, although I cannae believe you missed a cracking run to polish a mowta.:frown:

As for your pics, I suspect the camera in your phone is set to fluorescent white balance or something daft like that. Have a look at the settings, and I'll bet it'll take pics with much better colour balance. Because, tbh the pic quality is not bad, it's just the PINK. Oh dear.:hand:

A.:D

Mini MoJo
3rd November 2008, 01:36 PM
Great choice on the wheels! ;)

Did you trade your blue one in at Menzies? I am sure i seem it parked there yesterday when i went passed...

illegalhunter
3rd November 2008, 02:17 PM
Is it my eyes , but it looks kinda pinky in colour . Still very nice tho

KenL
3rd November 2008, 02:21 PM
Absolutely stunning.

Crombers
3rd November 2008, 02:44 PM
Misses one of THE runs of the calendar just to clean a flippin motor :confused:

There otta be a fine for acts such as these :yes nod:

Oh, nice car BTW

Forbes
3rd November 2008, 03:13 PM
BTW means by the way :p
Very nice car :thumbs up:

Craig
3rd November 2008, 06:06 PM
Nice new car... :thumbs up:

thought the old car was perfect and the best you'd ever had.... ;)

I see no chromeline ?

as others have said, surely with all the gadgets and products Mr K has you could have waited a week and got out and drove the thing.. :thud::thud: You missed A BELTER of a day in the sunshine.. :clap::clap:

I have an exhaust that would just finish it off perfect :Whistle::yes nod:

Scottie
3rd November 2008, 07:00 PM
looks very nice I'm sure in the flesh it will look even better seeing the Chilli Red pop.:cool:

Iain sure makes a cracking job.

One thing though if your using the car on the salted roads get those (my fav wheel by the way) off the car before the salt eats into the rim.

p.s I would have missed the run also.

new car on a run wouldn't have been fun. You want to get the car enjoy it, get to know the car.
Polish and get the protection on it before you take it out on the roads, the roads round my way have been salted recently.

Interested to read your comments on the difference you notice between your previous early built car and a recently built car, I look forward to finding this out when I get my car.

AeroJonny
3rd November 2008, 07:08 PM
Lovely new car guys, I'm missing Chili Red too...maybe the silver bullet might need to move aside! :eek:

PS...ftw stands for "for the win" it's basically saying you like something (as ryan said) and comes from early online gamers.

Crombers
3rd November 2008, 07:32 PM
New car on a run wouldn't have been fun. You want to get the car enjoy it, get to know the car.
Polish and get the protection on it before you take it out on the roads.

Ah Bo!!ocks to that :moonie:

If you were gonna be keeping the car for over 10 plus years them yeah I could maybe agree but Jason, sorry Lesley ;) changes her car on a regular basis so you gonna tell me that after 2 to 3 years someone is gonna notice that Jason & Lesley went on that early run, naughty folks that they were & does'nt that first run affect the shine :frown::shut up::rolleyes:;)

Scottie
3rd November 2008, 07:42 PM

If you were gonna be keeping the car for over 10 plus years them yeah I could maybe agree but Jason, sorry Lesley ;) changes her car on a regular basis so you gonna tell me that after 2 to 3 years someone is gonna notice that Jason & Lesley went on that early run, naughty folks that they were & does'nt that first run affect the shine :frown::shut up::rolleyes:;)

Ooo check you out:hand::hand::p

Crombers
3rd November 2008, 07:45 PM
Ooo check you out:hand::hand::p

Hi :hand:

Scottie
3rd November 2008, 07:47 PM
Hi :hand:

See you jimmy stop going of topic you'll get us in trouble:smilewinkgrin::p:p

Crombers
3rd November 2008, 07:49 PM
See you jimmy stop going of topic you'll get us in trouble:smilewinkgrin::p:p

Gotcha, I'm off outta here :Whistle:

eddie 44
3rd November 2008, 08:37 PM
drooling at the new car.. looks a cracker... :thumbs up:

N12 JLK
3rd November 2008, 09:12 PM

Wouldnt have driven on Sunday anyway, me and Les were at a wedding on the Saturday night and were very tipsy so wouldnt have been fit to drive. Me likes his licence and it only had 20 miles on the clock by Sunday and wouldnt have hammered it.

N12 JLK
3rd November 2008, 09:16 PM
Nice new car... :thumbs up:

I see no chromeline ?

Prefer the non chromeline look, will soon get the honey comb front grill with the black surrounds to take away the chrome round the front grill.

Craig
3rd November 2008, 09:19 PM
Prefer the non chromeline look, will soon get the honey comb front grill with the black surrounds to take away the chrome round the front grill.

ah OK, so you specc'd it like that from factory ?

does it have anthracite roof line ?

N12 JLK
3rd November 2008, 09:20 PM
Interested to read your comments on the difference you notice between your previous early built car and a recently built car, I look forward to finding this out when I get my car.

When you start the car the whole sound it different,sounds more beefier and no rattles. The windows go up faster, the suspension and the steering are far better, the computer tells you when to change gear, interior light are brighter, just the whole package is better, MrCorsar said this about his better half's car to his s.

N12 JLK
3rd November 2008, 09:23 PM

No you know I didn't as you saw it in the showroom, it just so happened that the chilli red that was in the showroom was the same as the one me and Lesley specced 6 weeks earlier in Menzies with Clare, 5 weeks later we get a call from Clare to say she has now got a better deal for us and it just so happened they had a 5 day old S in Chilli red in the showroom that she has specced, coincidence or what:thumbs up:

Scottie
3rd November 2008, 09:26 PM

jeez your like a dog with a bone. Let it go man.:hand::hand::p:D

Craig
3rd November 2008, 09:30 PM
jeez your like a dog with a bone. Let it go man.:hand::hand::p:D

no idea what your on about... anyway, don't go :off topic: about Jason and Lesleys new car... :p

Scottie
3rd November 2008, 09:33 PM
no idea what your on about... anyway, don't go :off topic: about Jason and Lesleys new car... :p
;bigwave::p

KenL
3rd November 2008, 10:35 PM
....it just so happened they had a 5 day old S in Chilli red in the showroom that she has specced, coincidence or what:thumbs up:

So, what is the spec?

ajamesj
3rd November 2008, 10:43 PM
loving it well done on the colour chilli red is the way to go lol.

N12 JLK
3rd November 2008, 10:51 PM
So, what is the spec?

Quite basic really. Chrome line interior, piano black, red half leather, chilli pack, side skirts, black spots, web spokes with JCW inserts. Think thats about it. Plans are to get the rear windows tinted by Carlo and possibly a black front honeycomb grill.

Jason was mistaken:rolleyes: we specced the car on the web when we came home from Menzies one day. Was not exactly the same but same colour etc.

We had the arm rest, multi-function wheel and visibility pack on the old one. but the arm rest got in the way, never used the MF wheel and Jason used to moan about the wires in the windscreen so happy to lose them. I will miss my auto lights:frown: but I am sure I will get the hang of remembering to put them on myself.

KenL
3rd November 2008, 10:59 PM
Quite basic really. Chrome line interior, piano black, red half leather, chilli pack, side skirts, black spots, web spokes with JCW inserts. Think thats about it. Plans are to get the rear windows tinted by Carlo and possibly a black front honeycomb grill.

That's NOT basic ;)

Does chilli pack not normally include chrome line exterior?

Crombers
3rd November 2008, 11:40 PM
Wouldnt have driven on Sunday anyway, me and Les were at a wedding on the Saturday night and were very tipsy so wouldnt have been fit to drive. Me likes his licence and it only had 20 miles on the clock by Sunday and wouldnt have hammered it.

Good lad ;):D

(he never ammers it anyway, the big woof)

JOHN MILNE
4th November 2008, 09:26 AM
very nice car:cool:
chilli/black combo 1st class :thumbs up::thumbs up:

ianking
4th November 2008, 09:36 AM
That's NOT basic ;)

Does chilli pack not normally include chrome line exterior?

Not on an S.

KenL
4th November 2008, 09:55 AM
Not on an S.

Interesting! I would not pay any extra money for it on an S.

ianking
4th November 2008, 10:22 AM
Chrome looks better on a Cooper or One. I like the Ss to be with their body coloured tailgate handles and black bumper inserts.

Neil and Lorna
4th November 2008, 12:27 PM
New car looking good. :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Happy motoring. :D:D

Neil and Lorna.:D

gauldrymini
4th November 2008, 01:51 PM
Nice car...very clean and shiny:cool: just need to contend with the damn manky roads now...:ragin:

Andrew

Stewart
4th November 2008, 02:21 PM
Very nice and love the idea that it got a good going over even from new. Pity it did not work out that you had the car and the nuptials a week later as you could have enjoyed your old car to the max Knowing its getting traded in next week on the manky.....

Must be the phone pics as it looks pink to me………..apart from that first pic.;)

I plan to get really used to my Cooper and next year try and get a Cooper S on loan for a few hours appreciate the difference…

Clare1
4th November 2008, 06:14 PM
Very Nice! Excellent Choice :thumbs up::smilewinkgrin:

Car looks very nice & shiney!

I hope you are both enjoying it.

Bumble
4th November 2008, 06:26 PM
Swweeetttt!

Duncan Stewart
4th November 2008, 08:46 PM
:D Looks great :D Hope you enjoyed the polishing ;)

N12 JLK
4th November 2008, 10:03 PM
Thanks for all your kind comments, the camera is crap and took poor pictures making it look pinkish. I have always been the same at keeping thing clean and new looking , shoes, the house, car etc. Cant help it it runs in my family.

Craig
4th November 2008, 10:08 PM
Thanks for all your kind comments, the camera is crap and took poor pictures making it look pinkish. I have always been the same at keeping thing clean and new looking , shoes, the house, car etc. Cant help it it runs in my family.

your sig needs updated.... :Whistle: ;) :thumbs up:

weefossy
4th November 2008, 10:36 PM
Lesley, Jason, very very nice moto, I'm so jealous :yes nod:
Enjoy and wishing you lots of safe miles.

Mini Ecosse
5th November 2008, 07:46 AM
Cracking looking car. :D
Many happy miles.

The polish is so good on the roof piccie you can see your receding hairline :Whistle::Whistle:

Stephen

ianking
5th November 2008, 04:45 PM
Just incase anyone is interested the products used on Jasons were

(wash stage, megs shampoo plus 2 bucket method) Jason did this.

No clay necessary as paint was nice and smooth.
Just some tradis needed to remove some small spots of transport wax.
Small area on door, one side of the bonnet and a wee section of the tailgate machined using 3M Perfect-it III Extra Fine Compound on a 3M black polishing pad to remove swirls.
The whole roof was done to remove some small swirls although at a later date 1 scratch needs to be wet sanded and cut back with compound.
All machined bits were finished using 3M blue pad and 3M ultra gloss finishing polish. Both stages done with the rotary at 1800rpm.

All paintwork cleansed using Zymol Cleanse
All waxed with Zymol Carbon
Windows in and out with Jeffs prime strong.
Wheels sealed with boorboys and tyres with black fire gel.
Exterior plastics with Aerospace 303

Whole car bodywork given final wipe over with Zaino Z8.

Stewart
5th November 2008, 06:05 PM
Respect for the use of a rotary, the UDM is one thing but that’s serious business.:thumbs up:

Foam with a gill, Two buckets etc with a power washer light polish, glaze, sealant and wax and trim and wheels done and even the windows done with carlack is about it on my side…

washed it on Sunday and the rear is manky as...............:argh: