PDA

View Full Version : F1 - spolier

Gismo
2nd November 2008, 08:11 PM
Well, i'm shattered watching the emotions of this race, for Hamilton to have had it then lost it then got it back 2 corners from the end was truly entertaining stuff.
Glock's last lap will be scrutinised to death, but, for now Hammy has done it.

I'm a Ferrari fan but needed Hamilton to win this purely for personal reasons to me.
I've invested in an F1 Opus book (http://www.krakenopus.com/opus_col/f1/) it aint cheap and it's success and future value was determined by this years result.
It had already been held over from last year when he should have won it then.

Anyway, am a happy bunny tonight

Craig
2nd November 2008, 08:16 PM
Like you I watched the race and it was breath taking stuff :thud::thud::thud:

Really happy for Hamilton, I know STV can be like the Hamilton Appreciation Society, but I think he deserves this :thumbs up::thumbs up:

next year will be very interesting... :Whistle:

as for Glock.... who knows... it may have been that he was struggling with the water on the track, or wanted to let hamilton thro... :confused:

The Dogfather
2nd November 2008, 08:18 PM
I was screaming at the TV, calling Mclaren allsorts until I heard that he'd caught Glock. He was so close to loosing it, I think the 7pt advantage did him no favours, he's a racer and driving for position isn't in his make up.

Gismo
2nd November 2008, 08:18 PM
as for Glock.... who knows... it may have been that he was struggling with the water on the track, or wanted to let hamilton thro... :confused:Aye, it'll be headline stuff, but, he stayed on dry tyres and they should have pitted him, which would have put him back into the pack, but, what a fantastic finish

Craig
2nd November 2008, 08:20 PM
I felt for the Massa camp, as they had all started celebrating before they knew where Hamilton had finished and then you just saw the realisation on their faces... :frown::frown: I don't think they expected him to pass Glock...

DerekM
2nd November 2008, 08:22 PM
It had already been held over from last year when he should have won it then.

Why should he have won it last year? He didn't get the most points IIRC.

The Dogfather
2nd November 2008, 08:23 PM
Sorry I don't feel sorry for Ferrari, they've had enough favours from the FIA this season.

The look on their faces was a picture, I do feel sorry for Massa though, he seems to be a top bloke.

Craig
2nd November 2008, 08:25 PM
Sorry I don't feel sorry for Ferrari, they've had enough favours from the FIA this season.

not Ferrari, purely Massa's dad and brother and Massa himself...:sad:

as you say, there have been some "questionable" decisions which Ferrari have come out of with an advantage themselves, or a penalty for their competitors..:Whistle:

Gismo
2nd November 2008, 08:34 PM
Why should he have won it last year? He didn't get the most points IIRC.Technically yes, but, given the final 2 races where Hamilton made an erse of it, then yes, in my opinion he should have won it.

DerekM
2nd November 2008, 08:38 PM
Technically yes, but, given the final 2 races where Hamilton made an erse of it, then yes, in my opinion he should have won it.

To finish first, first you've got to finish.

Scottie
2nd November 2008, 08:38 PM
I thought hamilton had lost the title, gutted I went and let the dogs out only to come back in and see Allan punching the air in joy I missed all the action at the end. :ragin::ragin:

Craig
2nd November 2008, 08:49 PM
I thought hamilton had lost the title, gutted I went and let the dogs out only to come back in and see Allan punching the air in joy I missed all the action at the end. :ragin::ragin:

I have it Sky + 'd ;)

The Dogfather
2nd November 2008, 08:49 PM
To finish first, first you've got to finish.

Crap, if you're driving a Ferrari then you can come in 2nd and still win, thanks to the stewards (Spa)

Gismo
2nd November 2008, 08:56 PM
To finish first, first you've got to finish.I'm nae biting :frown: :D

illegalhunter
2nd November 2008, 11:11 PM
Team orders at work today , Merc ENGINES WERE ON THE LINE

indigomatt
3rd November 2008, 09:21 AM
I hope Glock is enjoying his hamper from Ron this morning :sad:

Lewis wont be sending anything as he 'won it on his own with the team' :moonie:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3074/2998127627_e5ab9787d7_o.jpg

Thank you, With love from Ron.

PS - now you can drive for us offically, lets talk :p

mini saltire
3rd November 2008, 09:26 AM
How good is F1 when it rains. They should only ever race when its wet/drying :laugh:.

Lewis drove well enough but you have to feel for Massa!! It would have been amazing for him to have won it at his home track!

euan
3rd November 2008, 09:46 AM
Massa was completely gutted at the end, he knew that this was his only chance to win the title, bit like DC and Rubens a few years ago. Feel sorry for him, but can't feel anything for Ferrari after their behaviour over the last couple of years.

Talking of DC, gutted for him in his last GP, spun again when he'd done nothing wrong.

Hamilton did a good enough job, just, but brave call to say that they would get past Glock.

The Dogfather
3rd November 2008, 10:47 AM
I love how 'some' people are claiming that Glock pulled over for Hamilton, I suppose its got nothing to do with the fact that Glock was on dry tyres on a wet track. The other Toyota of Trulli was also on dry tyres and his lap was slower than Glock's.

Toyota gambled on the rain not coming and it so nearly came off for them, however McM took the safer option and it paid off. No fix, no favours, just normal F1 racing if you can't see that then you obviously don't understand the sport.

mini saltire
3rd November 2008, 11:03 AM
Glock was 18secs slower on his last lap. The great thing with this is that no one can prove it because of the conditions. There was only 4 corners that were wet but if you watch he loses grip all the way up the hill.

euan
3rd November 2008, 11:15 AM
Glock was 18secs slower on his last lap. The great thing with this is that no one can prove it because of the conditions. There was only 4 corners that were wet but if you watch he loses grip all the way up the hill.

Agreed - you can see it as Hamilton goes past him he's just got no way of getting the power down. Some teams gambled on the wet tyres, some stayed on dry - that's the gamble you take. Hamilton did the right thing, he had to cover the Ferrari.

In saying that, had he pitted instead of Kovi when they switched to dry, it's arguable that he'd have come out in front of Alonso and Vettel, and finished 3rd, but McLaren's tactics were very conservative for him. They just got away with it.

I'd love to have seen just how light the Ferraris were though in Q3, we'll never know as a result of the rain clearing so quickly at the start of the race.

One thing I'm still not convinced about is Kovi - he just cannot deliver the speed consistently to help Hamilton. He's improved a lot this year, and had a lot of bad luck with mechanical failures, but he should be top four much more often - he doesn't push Hamilton at all. I'd love to see a fast driver alongside him who he gets on with, not someone like Alonso but perhaps a Kubica or the like.

monkimagic
3rd November 2008, 11:30 AM
I think it should have been Massa, Hamilton Hype is beyond a joke and I question how Glock lost 18 sec in that final lap and how all laps up until this were fine.

As for the ITV pundits to pull out a Union Jack infront of the Brazilian crowd....what a tit! If the fence was not there would he be so brave...dont think so and they wonder why they lost the contract to the BBC.

The Dogfather
3rd November 2008, 06:18 PM
I question how Glock lost 18 sec in that final lap and how all laps up until this were fine.

Pretty simple really, he was on dry tyres and it started raining, when it rains the race track gets wetter.

Like I said earlier both Toyota cars were on dry tyres both recorded times around 1.44 minutes.

Craig
3rd November 2008, 06:42 PM
and the commentators have always said as soon as the slicks loose temp in them then they are like driving on ice, and that is without rain... :yes nod:

euan
3rd November 2008, 07:06 PM
I'm still looking for incar footage of Glocks lap, anyone seen any?

Crombers
3rd November 2008, 07:38 PM
I'm still looking for incar footage of Glocks lap, anyone seen any?

He's still trying to finish, poor sod

eddie 44
3rd November 2008, 09:01 PM
its going to be 1966 all over again... :p

camjay
3rd November 2008, 10:44 PM
Got no fingernails left after yesterday!! Felt sorry for Coulthard though - put out at the first corner in his very last race - what a bummer!!