PDA

View Full Version : Part Time Job Time..

mini saltire
29th October 2008, 01:35 PM
Well things are so bleak in the Motor Trade at the moment that I am going to have to take on a part time job on top of my current job.

I am going up to Knockhill on Friday to do my Instructors training course and after that I will be a fully fledged Race Instructor!!:thumbs up: It is something that I really enjoy doing and I think it will be a good opportunity to meet a few different people too.

I will still be doing my Vehicle Sourcing job 99% of the time but this will fill up a handful of days a month to get me some guaranteed income.:cool:

So if you get given a red letter day at Knockhill then let me know and I might be marking your skills!!

Forbes
29th October 2008, 01:46 PM
Few older folk i know are having to do this, a P.G.A. Golf pro was working at M&S with me to make a some money over the off season last year.
Least it's something you really enjoy!

stoney
29th October 2008, 04:09 PM
cool cool sorry to here your trade is bad tho

Knox18
29th October 2008, 04:47 PM
you'll enjoy it mark, its good fun.

funniest replies ive had from the

So have you had you any experience of track driving before question

1. " AYE MATE, A DAE THE TRACK DAYS IN MA RS TURBO :laugh::laugh:

and

2. " I havent driven a manual since 1981" :eek:

the rally experience is good, you get to do demo runs and scare them senseless

euan
29th October 2008, 06:21 PM
Sorry to hear that, but at least you'll be getting to do something you enjoy rather than working somewhere that is all related! I'd be quite up for doing that job, beats drawing pictures of computer systems for a living that's for sure!

Gismo
29th October 2008, 07:13 PM
I'd be keen to hire you for a track session :thumbs up:

Craig
29th October 2008, 07:29 PM
getting to do a job you enjoy is good, but not great your having to do it as a second one.. :sad: Hope things pick up soon mark :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
29th October 2008, 09:47 PM
Double edge sword Mark. Good you're getting to work on something you have a passion for, but a real shame you're having to do it.

Although, with extra experience going round the track, perhaps you'll use up less bonnets next year.:moonie:

Every cloud has a silver lining and all that....:yes nod:

A.:D

Mini Ecosse
30th October 2008, 11:42 AM
Sorry to hear your news.
Cracker of a part time job though.
The extra laps might pay dividends next year.

Good luck ;bigwave:

mini saltire
30th October 2008, 11:54 AM
you'll enjoy it mark, its good fun.

funniest replies ive had from the

So have you had you any experience of track driving before question

1. " AYE MATE, A DAE THE TRACK DAYS IN MA RS TURBO :laugh::laugh:

and

2. " I havent driven a manual since 1981" :eek:

the rally experience is good, you get to do demo runs and scare them senseless

PMSL

I had a test drive once with an elderly lady who said "which one os the brake again..." We were doing 50mph and approaching a T Junction. The hand brake almost came off in my hand!!

I'd be keen to hire you for a track session :thumbs up:

Anytime Alan.

Scottie
30th October 2008, 11:56 AM
your part time job sounds better than you main job. Hope it works out ok for you and plenty people want out on the track.

euan
30th October 2008, 01:06 PM
How busy is Knockhill with track instruction just now?

I guess it's a fairly steady stream, I know when I went out in the Formula Ford in April it was snowing so the weather can't put you off too much!

Gismo
30th October 2008, 02:09 PM
Anytime Alan.Sadly it won't be this year, too much on and besides, the weather, as bad as it was in the summer just cannot be guaranteed in the winter and i would hate to not get a dry track.

mini saltire
30th October 2008, 08:04 PM
How busy is Knockhill with track instruction just now?

I guess it's a fairly steady stream, I know when I went out in the Formula Ford in April it was snowing so the weather can't put you off too much!

They say it slows down between now and March but it is still quite steady.

I would imagine they will feel the crunch too eventually:frown:

Smurf
6th November 2008, 09:39 AM
I did the race experience thing a good few years ago now... Fiestas to start, then Formula Fords. Didn't tell them I'd been racing in sprints and hillclimbs for several years by then (wanted to see what marks I got :smilewinkgrin: ) Just as well, really, considering I wrote off a Fiesta!! :eek:

That's what the instructor gets for grabbing the wheel out of my hands at Duffus... :hand:

mini saltire
6th November 2008, 10:05 AM
Got my first day on Sunday.... Smurf please give Knockhill a miss for my first day!!:laugh:

Knox18
6th November 2008, 01:39 PM
i was supposed to be working on sunday but i have something on :ragin:

euan
6th November 2008, 02:42 PM
They say it slows down between now and March but it is still quite steady.

I would imagine they will feel the crunch too eventually:frown:

Well, what do you expect? Letting novice hot heads out in fast cars on a circuit, they are bound to have the odd crunch now and again :D

Knox18
18th November 2008, 12:57 PM
i was doing the rally school on sunday and i had a guy that kept indicating on left hand turns as i called out his pace notes! :laugh::laugh:

then on the demo run one guy kept going "oh sh*t" "jesus" "holy sh*t" i was laughing the whole way :thumbs up:

Big Gordy
18th November 2008, 01:14 PM
Are you doing the rally school because they know you spend most of your time in the gravel or the grass knoxie:laugh::moonie:

Knox18
18th November 2008, 01:34 PM
Are you doing the rally school because they know you spend most of your time in the gravel or the grass knoxie:laugh::moonie:

:eek:once this year ive been "in" the gravel, in other occasions theres nothing wrong with using the whole track and more :thumbs up:

mini saltire
18th November 2008, 01:44 PM
PMSL Knoxy:laugh:At least you get to get your own back on the rally school.

I haven't done the rally school yet, well intentionally:blush:, before any of you buggers say it!!:ragin:

Gismo
18th November 2008, 01:50 PM
I haven't done the rally school yet, well intentionally:blush:, before any of you buggers say it!!:ragin:Damn, beat me to it :computer: :Whistle:

C.Noble
18th November 2008, 02:52 PM
i was doing the rally school on sunday and i had a guy that kept indicating on left hand turns as i called out his pace notes! :laugh::laugh:

then on the demo run one guy kept going "oh sh*t" "jesus" "holy sh*t" i was laughing the whole way :thumbs up:

Poor bugger... all he had to do to get you to slow down was to shout "lap 8" and go for his chequered hanky and you would have slammed on the brakes and climbed onto the bonnet with the champagne! :moonie:

Like the sig. :yes nod: you are gonna NEED a nurse after the next night oot! :Whistle:

Knox18
18th November 2008, 05:37 PM
there wont be anymore nights out as you'll be doing so many night shifts at the hospital :thumbs up: