PDA

View Full Version : Bug*ers Again

ianking
27th October 2008, 08:18 PM
Parked the MINI on the street last week and it hasnt moved since.
Went to use it tonight as I washed and dried the BMW and its tucked away in the garage.

Sarah was driving soI was about to jump into the passenger side when I noticed that the rear quarter was dented and paint missing as well as paint missing from the door.
Someone has tried to break into it. I have no idea why as the radio is a MINI boost and only suitable for MINIs, there was nothing on display in the car and they wouldnt have got it started anyway as the MINI has a coded key.

Went to the police station to report it although I know there is nothing they can do about it.

I recon it will cost about £300-£400 to fix. :ragin:

camjay
27th October 2008, 08:20 PM
Sorry to hear about that! Its galling isn't it......if only you could get your hands on them!!! GITS! :sad:

Neil and Lorna
27th October 2008, 08:22 PM
Buggers. :argh: They need boiling in oil. If there caught.

Scottie
27th October 2008, 08:23 PM
what can't you polish it out.:p:p;)

seriously though sorry to hear.

AndyP & Lenore
27th October 2008, 08:29 PM
Sorry to hear that Ian.:ragin::ragin:

A.:argh:

ianking
27th October 2008, 08:46 PM
Whats worse is I was just about ready to take pics of it and put it in the Autotrader.

The plan was to sell it due to lack of use and put the money in a high interest account until March next year then buy another used MINI to go on the runs with or use the money as a nice deposit and trade the 130 in for a new JCW.

Now I will get considerably less for the car or I will have to shell out money for the repair.

The police man was very sympathetic and said it was the first reported attempted break in that he had heard of in our street.

Hamish
27th October 2008, 08:52 PM
b*stards... I'd like to market and sell an alarm system that covers the car body with 50,000 volts!!! It would solve seagulls, birds, cats and the ar*ehole thievin scum touching our precious motors... well, they would only do it once!!!

Gismo
27th October 2008, 09:03 PM
Sorry to hear that Ian

N12 JLK
27th October 2008, 09:07 PM
Bad new Ian/Sarah, can leave anything these days alone, wee bast####:frown:

RyanK
27th October 2008, 09:18 PM
Sorry to hear about this, thats pretty jizz. Even more so regarding the photos for auto trader

:frown:

illegalhunter
27th October 2008, 10:25 PM
why cant we hang them

AndyP & Lenore
27th October 2008, 10:30 PM
why cant we hang them

Thought you'd want to shoot them.:confused:

N12 JLK
27th October 2008, 10:51 PM
Thought you'd want to shoot them.:confused:

What about skinning them and the slowly pour vinegar on the flesh, rub salt and deep heat in too. Then if you're really being bad put a Celtic strip on him.:cool:

D3 JDA
27th October 2008, 11:29 PM
Sorry to hear about your mini ian.I had a vw golf stolen years ago it was alarmed and i had locking wheel nuts on BBS alloys and the car was found 5miles away stripped bare.I also had an XR2 broken into its not a good feeling at all.:argh:

Craig
28th October 2008, 12:24 AM
littel feckers Ian - a kick in the baws is what they need... :moonie::moonie::argh::argh::argh::argh:

hope u get it sorted OK,., :thumbs up:

audrey
28th October 2008, 12:37 AM
Agree with Craig here :yes nod: I live in a flat with no private parking so have to park my car at my mums every night.Lucky enough she only stays down the road but it makes you sick wee scumbags just cant leave anything alone :ragin:Hope you get your car fixed soon

ianking
28th October 2008, 09:35 AM
Yeah we live in a flat as well and have to park both the cars on the main street (unless ive just cleaned one of them and they are put away in my parents garage but its a 30 min walk or 5 min drive away). However I always park the car within sight of our window and I always put them under a street light and leave nothing on display in the car.

Maybe I will just touch the paint in and take a wee hit £ for the dent when selling it.

mini saltire
28th October 2008, 10:08 AM
Gutted for you Ian. :frown:

IMO I would recommend fixing it. The market is so difficult to get punters at the moment that the smallest thing will put off a potential buyer. Put yourself in their position would you buy a damaged car and have the hassel yourself or would rather pay a bit more for a car thats ready to go.... There are so many cars out there for sale that you have to have yours looking the best and the best priced!!

Burple
28th October 2008, 11:39 AM
Scumbags. It's bad enough getting your car dented in a car park, but knowing someone's tried to break in gives me the rage..
a boot on the baws is far too good for them! :ragin::ragin:

Ferengo
28th October 2008, 12:29 PM
Pain in the @rse. I hate it when this stuff happens. People spend their hard earned cash on a nice motor and some little Neds comes along and cause damage. We had our car graffitied on, came off with a bit of T-cut but still not the point.

David from JC's has the right idea though. He's got one of those alarms that has a fob which will page you if you car is even touched. So it's doesn't matter if it's in sight or if the alarm goes off or not. I may invest in one shortly.

But still, am sorry to hear it happened.

gauldrymini
28th October 2008, 01:10 PM
Sorry to hear that Ian...having watched Saw 1&2 recently I wonder if Jigsaw would have any ideas for punishing them??

Andrew

euan
28th October 2008, 02:50 PM
Nightmare Ian, sorry to hear that.

I'm also in the camp on getting it fixed - would put me right off buying the car if I saw the damage (of course, you might get someone who doesn't notice), but you'd certainly take a bigger hit in residuals than you would if you'd got it fixed.

Also, the keyfob that pages you - do you really want to know that someone is nicking your car at that point? What are you going to do about if your parked miles away from where you are? I'm not sure I would.

stoney
28th October 2008, 05:53 PM
sorry to here that ian hope you get it sorted

Bumble
28th October 2008, 06:31 PM
wee feckers!

Colin
28th October 2008, 11:08 PM
Sorry to hear that Ian :argh::argh: