PDA

View Full Version : Water issue?

Burple
27th October 2008, 11:27 AM
Hey guys, I seem to recall a few others have had this problem, but i couldn't find anything after a quick search..

Started the car up this morning, and heard for the first time that infamous "sound of Rushing Water" from roundabout the passenger footwell area..
Can anyone remind me what the issue was and if they got it fixed?

Blumming typical.. the warranty is due to run out at the end of Dec.. :rolleyes:
Any one know if Mini will do a 'Pre-run-out-of warranty-check-up' of the car to sort any potential faults?

Ta! :thumbs up:

The Dogfather
27th October 2008, 11:35 AM
It was one of Craig's faults on his R56.

Craig
27th October 2008, 11:41 AM
yeah, never had this problem in my R50's, but as Dog says it happened on my R56S. Normally means a problem with coolant system. Probably check you water and collant bottle... Also make sure you have no water in the car... :frown:

As far as I know MINI don't do the end of warranty check, although I wish they did, cos when Jude's Rav got to the end of it's warranty Toyota fixed a whole load of issues including replacing all 4 alloys due to blistering :thumbs up:

Burple
27th October 2008, 12:25 PM
lol, yeah cheers, I checked for bottles of water first ;) It's coming from roundabout the Passenger footwell area, and i thought I could remember a few people having the issue before, and it had something to do with the cooling system. Actually, now I think about it, I think it might have been KJ I spoke to about it before..

Ah well, I was gonna head up to our local tame dealer on wed anyway, I might bend their ear about that too :thumbs up:
Cheers!

Ferengo
27th October 2008, 06:19 PM
Sounds similar to the problem I had with my Megane Coupe. Sound of rushing water from passenger footwell = Broken water pump or one about to go.

I had to threaten the dealer with legal action to get it replaced but when he did, no more rushing water. Also I would advised to get it fixed fast as I left mine for about a week after getting the car and heard a bang... That was the water pump gone.

KenL
27th October 2008, 10:09 PM
My car (R56 Cooper) does this now and again. It does not concern me at all.