PDA

View Full Version : Boiler Failure

Gismo
25th October 2008, 02:23 PM
Damn and blast, the boiler finally packed in today, we are all sitting with extra layers of clothing to try and keep warm, can't get anyone to come and fix it before Monday :ragin:

Craig
25th October 2008, 02:28 PM
I have a stand alone gas fire you could borrow, but it's a bit of a journey... :yawn:

not great, especially as it is getting colder these days... My mum and dad jus got a new boiler 2 weeks ago and they are noticing a HUGE difference in the heat in their house... turns out the old boiler was VERY inefficient.. :rolleyes:

mini saltire
27th October 2008, 12:40 AM
Her that should be obeyed has been on at me to get a monthly maintenance package for our boiler as it is at that age now (ie just passed the warranty expire date). I have obviously put this off again and again. Its like I can see the argument already...even if it lasts 15 years I'll still be in the wrong!!:frown:

Gismo
27th October 2008, 01:05 AM
My insurance is £125 per year.
The guy turned up today to check it out, needed a new pump, cost = £75 + labour, came to more than the insurance, so, happy bunny and warm as well :Whistle:

mini saltire
27th October 2008, 12:08 PM
My insurance is £125 per year.
The guy turned up today to check it out, needed a new pump, cost = £75 + labour, came to more than the insurance, so, happy bunny and warm as well :Whistle:

£10 per month.... mmm thats not bad...who is that through?

Gismo
27th October 2008, 12:30 PM
£10 per month.... mmm thats not bad...who is that through?Domestic & General