PDA

View Full Version : What happened to you this week?

Craig
24th October 2008, 05:12 PM
well, I got home on wed after a pretty frustrating day at work...:sad: and came into my street, pulled into the driveway to see that someone had dug up part of my front garden, put some slabs down and deposited a beautiful large yellow grit bin.... :thud::argh::argh::argh::frown: :ragin::ragin::ragin::ragin:

It was too late to phone and try and find out who did it, but yesterday I phoned our factor (who look after our estate) however they said, they knew nothing about it..... :confused: next, I phoned the council and they said, "no we didn't do it, however we haven't adopted your road, so your builder may have ordered this to be done".... To let you know we have been in our house for 5 and a half years and the council still doesn't look after our roads... :argh::frown:

so last port of call was my builder... I phoned them and as usual, never got a reply and had to leave a message. Got a call back about 2 hours later to say, "yeah, we put it there".... They have basically said, that because it is a "Service strip" then they can do anything with it and I can't do anything about it... To let you understand, my garden (and my boundary) goes right to the kerbstone and road, there are no pavements, however the last 4 feet holds all the pipework, electic, BT cables etc etc..

To say I wasn't impressed with the reply was an understatement. I told her I wasn't happy that they did this without my consultation and that I wanted it moved, she said that she would have to get someone else to speak to me... Needless to say that I have still not had a call back...

Thinking about digging it up and putting it in my trailer and taking it to their head quarters and building it outside their front door to see how they like it...:ragin::ragin:

Craig
24th October 2008, 05:17 PM
today i went up to do a job in Crianlarich and when I went thro Callander, the car park on the left at the end of the town was completely, and I do mean in it's entirety under water... :eek: I have seen it flooded in the past, but never this bad...

Continued up the road and the caravan park at Strathyre was under water and the guy was still moving caravans off the park with his tractor:frown:

Loch Lubnaig was also very very high and was only about a foot below the road level at points... :thud:

spoke with a few folk in Callander and they are really worried about the next few days as Loch Katrine has over a foot too much water in it and they are due to open the gates to let more water out, which will make it's way down to callander.. :frown:

and this is only the start of Autumn, god knows what the rest of the autumn, winter is going to be like... :argh:

AndyP & Lenore
24th October 2008, 05:28 PM
Good week for you then.:frown::sad:

Dunno what to suggest on the grit bin issue, other than what I said in my text. Have you spoken to your lawyer?

A.

Craig
24th October 2008, 05:31 PM
yeah spoke to him yesterday.... I still need to find my deed of conditions, but my lawyer didn't think that this was covered by the conditions, ie they shouldn't have done it, especially without my authorisation.. :rolleyes:

illegalhunter
24th October 2008, 06:05 PM
My site managed to pour 1700sm of concrete yard in this crap weather.

N12 JLK
24th October 2008, 06:12 PM
Craig, Lesley here.

Our estate is the same, however, is serviced by the cooncil. My brother in law contacted them to check if he could monoblock it, and they said no - it needs to be kept grassed. Called his lawyer and he said, yes that is correct, it's in the deeds.

Not sure if thats any help, but thought I would let you know.

Craig
24th October 2008, 06:28 PM
Craig, Lesley here.

Our estate is the same, however, is serviced by the cooncil. My brother in law contacted them to check if he could monoblock it, and they said no - it needs to be kept grassed. Called his lawyer and he said, yes that is correct, it's in the deeds.

Not sure if thats any help, but thought I would let you know.

yeah, thing is, it was all grassed and THEY put down slabs to put a bin on... :confused:

seems they are changing their minds to suit themselves... :argh:

zimbo
24th October 2008, 06:40 PM
Poor Craig :eek: :ragin:

illegalhunter
24th October 2008, 07:05 PM
Thats the council for you , councilors with £30 k of expenses and no job .

mini saltire
24th October 2008, 08:17 PM
What a disgrace, someone is always worse off though. A pal of mine had a bus stop put outside his front garden in a new estate..no one uses it except for all the p1ssed up teenagers on Friday and Saturday nights, swearing loudly, fighting, running through his garden etc.... He is properly gutted as his keds bedrooms look out to the front.:ragin:

AndyP & Lenore
24th October 2008, 09:17 PM
Thats the council for you , councilors with £30 k of expenses and no job .

Someone hasn't read Craig post properly.:frown: It wasn't the council who ripped up his lawn. It was the original builder of the estate.

A.:thumbs up:

Craig
24th October 2008, 10:03 PM
What a disgrace, someone is always worse off though. A pal of mine had a bus stop put outside his front garden in a new estate..no one uses it except for all the p1ssed up teenagers on Friday and Saturday nights, swearing loudly, fighting, running through his garden etc.... He is properly gutted as his keds bedrooms look out to the front.:ragin:

that kinda makes the house unsellable... not great.. Really feel for him... :sad: