PDA

View Full Version : What should i get for it? (my mini!)

jward
6th April 2004, 07:25 PM
Hi all!

I`m wondering what i should expect for my mini in a private sale?

heres the info:

Registered November 2001. 26,000 miles

Indy Blue with a white roof (Roof and Mirrors painted by BMW before delivery). Salt Pack, Chrome Pack. Manual A/C. 8 hole alloy wheels. Front fog lights, Wave Stereo, Leather steering wheel and gear knob. The car has both fabric and rubber mats (for winter and summer use ).

No dents or scratches, has been garaged at night for most of its life! Alloys are in good condition with only minor curbing.

Just fitted with four brand new Pirelli P3000 Tyres

The car has the remainder of its warranty and TLC, and has just been through its 25,000 mile service.

I can also throw in a PiperX Filter ( - Never fitted to this car, bought on Ebay!) and a lovely annodised metal Tax disc holder with the MINI logo etched onto it.

Anyway any rough ideas...?

Some one has offered me 8800 for her? is this realistic?

Pictures found here....
http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?p=776817#post776817

Thanks once again!

Jules

Wul
6th April 2004, 07:34 PM
Jules - have you been round the dealers? Tony on here did the whole private sale thing and got no-where but in the end a dealer gave him a great price for it and that was without a trade-in! Worth a try if even to see what you're getting offered is worth it or not.

jward
6th April 2004, 09:01 PM
Hi Wul!

I went to a couple of dealers and none were looking for any second hand ones.... I asked what they would pay for it and i was told around 7600-7800!!

This is why i`m not sure what to do regards private sale... If you take into account a £1000 dealer margin, that would add up to 8600-8800. If you see what i mean... (Very similar to what Ive been offered!)

Should I hold out for £9000 or cut my loses? (200quid doesnt seem like a lot but when buying a second hand car it could be the difference between a Sh*t heap and a fairly decent car:D)

Jules

Quik_Mini
6th April 2004, 09:02 PM
I got my Mini Cooper 9 months ago, done 30k miles, cost me 22k to buy and being offered 12-13k for it..... Shocking.