PDA

View Full Version : Pulling to the left

Steve74
6th April 2004, 06:27 PM
I've started to notice that my MCS is pulling to the left quite often. Not just a little but enough to notice it. I was thinking it was just the road camber but something about it is bugging me. I took it to Eastern BMW yesterday and the Service Manager told me there wasn't a problem that it was just road camber. Now I know that older MCS's had this problem but it was fixed by the new suspension Mk3 right? Does anybody have the same issue - it's a 04 car with a 12/03 build date.

Wul
6th April 2004, 07:06 PM
Not noticed it on mine steve - however to confirm the problem go to an empty car park and drive across it with your hands off the wheel and see if it veers off, then turn the car around and drive back in the opposite direction on the same part of the car park, do this a few times and you'll know for definate if it's road camber or something else.

Starky
6th April 2004, 07:29 PM
I've heard about this before, our S was delivered Jan. 26th '04, don't know the build date but it seems to be ok just now.

Steve74
6th April 2004, 08:04 PM
I'll try the car-park thing - it's so difficult to tell unless you know the road is flat. I hope it's ok as I'm just starting to enjoy the car again after getting it back from the dealer.

KenL
6th April 2004, 09:25 PM
The MCS should not have had this problem as it was cured in early 2002 and I don't think there were ever any MCS made by then.

Make the dealer have another look. Ask to take the service manager out in your car and another S to compare with your's.

Gismo
6th April 2004, 09:37 PM
Even although i would expect the tyre warning light to come on, check your tyre pressures are equal, someone may have reset the light by mistake 8)