PDA

View Full Version : 30 days notice!!!

zimbo
17th October 2008, 03:22 PM
Well im off on holiday just now and still got another week to go, but got a call on tuesday asking to come in to see the boss, and was soon told that there might have to be layoffs amongst us soon, got another call yesterday asking me to again come in today, which I did and was told that unfortunately I am the one that has to go and was then giving 30 days notice!!!

So now looks like I might end up losing my house, my car the lot... Unless I can get another job sharpish!

So if any of you are looking for anyone then let me know, I'm willing to do anything... (legal)

If the car goes then it could be a VERY VERY long time before anyone sees me again, on here, my second home

:argh::thud:

ianking
17th October 2008, 03:49 PM
Bad news, sorry to hear it.

Is it engineering you are in?
If so what field of engineering

zimbo
17th October 2008, 04:14 PM
Hi Ian well I was working in a warehouse for a plumbing supplies company. But I am a qualified motor-mechanic by trade but haven't worked on cars except my own for about 11 years now... As long as I get some sort of training I could do just about anything, dont mind hard grafting either.

Have been thinking about trying to get a job in the oil industry but would need some info on how to go about that, will try and see what help or info Alan (bonnie S) or John can give me on that... :frown:

sedgie
17th October 2008, 04:28 PM
Sorry to hear that:frown:....hope you find something soon!:D

N12 JLK
17th October 2008, 04:31 PM
bad new sir, said in the news last night the unemployment may hit 3 million next year, if this happens it will hit us all, big chain reaction. May be some small mini runs next year:frown:

Bumble
17th October 2008, 04:40 PM
bad news - hope you find something sharpish as you say; so you can keep the mini-love!

AndyP & Lenore
17th October 2008, 04:55 PM
Zimbo, that really sucks - big time. Really sorry to hear that mate. Hope you find something soon.

A. :(

Ferengo
17th October 2008, 06:10 PM
Dude. Sorry to hear man. If my work are looking for anyone I'll let you know. Does it have to be in your field or is anything acceptable at the moment?

Scottie
17th October 2008, 06:52 PM
Sorry to read your thread. Your news sucks. It's not a great time we are entering into that's for sure.

I'm sure you will find a job no problem.:thumbs up:

rpn
17th October 2008, 09:36 PM
Sorry to hear about your bad news, where about are you?

I work in the oil industries (engineering design) and my son too, however he's more to do with mechanical (cranes) and I'll ask around for you.

Gismo
17th October 2008, 09:37 PM
Gutted for you Zimbo, can't really offer much help from what both John and I had mentioned to you before.
You just gotta trawl the recruitment ads in fridays P&J etc, go round the houses asking for application forms etc

stoney
17th October 2008, 10:55 PM
sorry to here that mate

hope you find a jod soon i will keep my ears open for any thing around your way

audrey
17th October 2008, 11:29 PM
Sorry to hear about your job hope you find something soon sure you will best of luck

zimbo
18th October 2008, 10:12 AM
Dude. Sorry to hear man. If my work are looking for anyone I'll let you know. Does it have to be in your field or is anything acceptable at the moment?

Cheers Ferengo mate, job doesn't have to be in my field, I am willing to do anything so long as I'm earning enough to be able to keep my mini, house and to be able to live etc. :thumbs up:

Gutted for you Zimbo, can't really offer much help from what both John and I had mentioned to you before.
You just gotta trawl the recruitment ads in fridays P&J etc, go round the houses asking for application forms etc

Thanks Alan, usually try to buy P&J on Fridays anyway, just think I might a bit too old for trying to get a job in this line of work. :rolleyes:

Neil and Lorna
18th October 2008, 10:55 AM
Zimbo. absolutely gutted for you, hope you can find something soonish.

Neil and Lorna.

Craig
18th October 2008, 03:34 PM
what a pi$$er... :frown::frown:

all the best for the future mate - hope you find something soon... ;)

There is a service advisor job in our call centre at the moment. It's full shifts (including night shift) and you should take home about £20k before tax. Check out the Website (http://www.centralscotland.police.uk) if your interested. Can be an interesting job, but as you say anything is welcome to pay the bills, then you can look for something more to your liking. ;)

Bazthemod
18th October 2008, 07:06 PM
If you get really desperate we have vacancies at the moment :D hourly pay only starts at 5.75 but with sales bonuses it will work out around £7-8 an hour.... but you would have to be desperate :p

zimbo
19th October 2008, 04:49 PM
Thanks for all your kind comments folks.

Smurf
20th October 2008, 12:33 PM
Absolutely gutted to hear your news, Zimbo.

Financial issues forced me to get a 2nd job at the end of last year (I'm still working 2 jobs at the moment).

My second job is part time in IKEA Glasgow, and I know they are on the lookout for other part-timers just now...

But I think that's too far from where you stay! And part time probably wouldn't help much at just over basic wage... but it's worth keeping in mind if you find somewhere that doesn't quite match up to your financial needs...

Ferengo
20th October 2008, 03:09 PM
PM Sent.

Scottie
20th October 2008, 10:12 PM
Hi Ian well I was working in a warehouse for a plumbing supplies company.

I was talking with one of my brothers today, he was telling me that one of the local building supply companies did not have a single order come in for one week.:eek::eek: