PDA

View Full Version : Front Bumper

ali
16th October 2008, 07:57 PM
Havent posted on here before so hello to everyone

Picked up an r56 cooper s a couple of months back....great car!! Had a small accident today, the front bumper has a tiny crack and my bonnet is slightly out of shape below the passenger side headlight, hardly noticable but I would like it looking perfect again. So I'm looking for an Astro Black r56 cooper s front bumper, does anyboy have any ideas where to one from? There's a few on Ebay but all seem to be local pick up from England. Have also thought about going for the Aero kit as that would solve my bumper problem, does anyone know prices for this?

Also looking to get the dent removed from the bonnet, if anyone knows a good dent removal/panel beater in the Aberdeen area then let me know

Cheers and thanks in advance.

Gismo
16th October 2008, 11:38 PM
Well, this post could go in a variety of forums :Whistle: :welcome:
But, ach, lets leave it in here, anyway, yep, if money isn't an issue, go for the aero kit, will solve a lot of problems :yes nod:

Head over to the John Clark sponsor forum, I'm sure David will give you a very good price ;)

ianking
17th October 2008, 08:17 AM
Go onto eBay and type in 'bmw mini breaking'

You will see from the results that there is a company called minispares. They have a number of R56s breaking now. I have used them twice now and they have a very good service.

You could also try minimatt breakers. Dont have the number to hand but if you google it will come up. Never used minimatt but a friend has and no problems with him.

Ferengo
17th October 2008, 06:20 PM
Gismo is right. David over at John Clarks will help you out. He's a star when it comes to getting parts and helping you choose. You can ask him a bundle of questions without being made to feel and idiot. I'd go there as you're gonna get the part you need without any hassle.

Ebay is also a good betalso. If they don't say shipping then e-mail them and ask. You could also suggest this site www.parcel2go.com They use DHL couriers and will even pick items up to 25KG for as little as £9 and deliver them. Altough with ebay you will need to mak sure you're getting the right part and they may not know what you're after.

Hope this helps and :welcome:

ali
17th October 2008, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the advice and apologies if this was the wrong section

Spoke to minimatt today and I cant get a front bumper from him for a reasonable price. Looking at getting the bonnet dent removed, the bumper fitted and two side arch clips fastened by a local body shop so that its looking the way it should. Will look into the aero kit though, side skirts and front bumper definitely look better and some places quoted me over £1k to fix the current bits even though its almost unnoticeable so I guess treating myself to and aero kit could be justified.

Thanks also for the welcomes

audrey
17th October 2008, 11:26 PM
Hi Ali ;bigwave: Sorry to hear about your car :frown: Hope you get it sorted soon :yes nod:

MiniSnaps
23rd October 2008, 10:42 PM
I think there's an Astro Black bumper on Fleabay just now....