PDA

View Full Version : tyre pressure warning light

lowrider
14th October 2008, 01:50 PM
A few days ago the tyre pressure warning light came on, flashing amber.
I checked the tyres and one of the tyres needed a few extra pounds.
The next day all seemed well then the light came on for a bit the went out.
It is out just now. Slow puncture or electrical fault ? What do you think ?

Thanks in advance Ag.

AndyP & Lenore
14th October 2008, 01:58 PM
Did you re-set the sensor when you topped up the air?

euan
14th October 2008, 03:00 PM
Assuming you reset the system after you filled the tyres with air (as per Andy's comment), recheck the levels (ideally at the same petrol station - as I've seen them vary in accuracy) - then you'll know if you've got a puncture or a fault.

lowrider
14th October 2008, 05:24 PM
Nope ! How do I go about doing that ?

AndyP & Lenore
14th October 2008, 05:26 PM
Check your manual, but I think it's something like you hold the button down while you turn the ignition on. But check your manual.:thumbs up:

A.:D

lowrider
14th October 2008, 05:34 PM
button below the handbrake, I'll give it a try later.

Stewart
14th October 2008, 06:58 PM
On my 57 plate it’s in the Menu in the service display area on the Rev counter!

Great thing was I bought my car nearly new only 1200 miles on the clock and got it home and was delighted apart from one aspect. The near side front tyre looked on its last legs and it was not till I got it home that I discovered not only did it look really worn compared to the others that looked split new and had done the mileage on the car, this rouge wheel checked by another local dealer was clearly not an original and was a just legal even with a rip in the tyre wall reconditioned Alloy and poorly done at that.:ragin:

So after a call on the phone I went back to the dealer I bought it from, 30 miles away to get this wheel changed for a new Alloy off a 08 Clubman. Luckily I had skimmed the manual and remembered the tyre pressure warning. As on the way home the warning came on as the Alloy had been changed and the Monkey changing it in the workshop never reset it. Seemed he had the time considering the short while they had the car he had dismantled my Tom –Tom, had the air-con on full blast and fecked my rear view mirror. :ragin:

I was there, it was only ten minutes and I even appreciated the car taking off at 100 miles an hour with him in it….prat! :eek:

Anyway it’s easy to do but if it comes on again get the tyre checked mate………

T5LLC
14th October 2008, 09:45 PM
yeah on the menu on the rev counter you just go through the options its simple..

i bought mines new and with in 1 mile of driving it the runflat light was on... nail in each back tyre!!! so yeah my mini adventure did not get off to a good start lol.. and get this they paid for one tyre only said that i could have picked them up on my way home and the presure just dropped very quick hmmmm doubt it lol

euan
15th October 2008, 09:15 AM
I was there, it was only ten minutes and I even appreciated the car taking off at 100 miles an hour with him in it….prat! :eek:

I dropped my car off to VW when I had my GTi, only to see them do that in my car. So I called the delearship when I got him and asked to talk to the manager and explained what I'd seen - as even I don't burn off in 1st, especially as it's on a road near a school. He was great, he asked me what I wanted them to do, didn't want him to get into trouble, just show peoples cars some respect, so they did some education on how to treat cars when they came in.

No idea if they ever did it, but the effort from the manager was there at least.

Stewart
15th October 2008, 10:38 AM
My thought was what a total lack of respect for my car….and he did not even have the brains to think “ hold on the owner is standing there in the show room”

Its a shame as on the one side your happy about at the time getting your problem fixed by the customer care Manager who could not be any better and doing a first rate job only to come away annoyed by the way the car was treated….

I’ll go back and ask to drive the guys Vauxhall Corsa with six exhausts and do it to him.:D

lowrider
21st October 2008, 09:45 PM
Button pressed,light gone out, cheers.