PDA

View Full Version : 11k OF DEBT EACH

illegalhunter
13th October 2008, 05:21 PM
Well how do you feel after spending 11k today bailing out the banks?

zimbo
13th October 2008, 05:25 PM
The who, what.....? I cant afford that!!:eek: :ragin:

Gismo
13th October 2008, 05:27 PM
I think we'll get off lightly, interest rates already cut, so that'll give us some back
It's my stocks and share's ISA that's killing me :frown:

AndyP & Lenore
13th October 2008, 05:31 PM
There's no doubt, we're all gonna feel this. But I'd rather they were bailed out than not. I'm not happy about it, but the alternative didn't bear thinking about. It really didn't.:thud:

A.

Gismo
13th October 2008, 05:33 PM
There's no doubt, we're all gonna feel this. But I'd rather they were bailed out than not. I'm not happy about it, but the alternative didn't bear thinking about. It really didn't.:thud:

A.Absolutely correct, to allow the banks to simply fold would have left everyone worse off.

stoney
13th October 2008, 05:37 PM
well i have just moved my bank as well so keeping an eye on it all but better off being bailed out than not

The Dogfather
13th October 2008, 05:41 PM
We've actually bought a share in the banks and in all likelihood we'll (UK Government) make money on it. Compare that to the effect of the downturn and we'll be better off as a result of this action.

illegalhunter
13th October 2008, 05:45 PM
We are going to print the money and inflation will go throw the roof. The banks get the money first when it has some value, by the time it reaches us it worthless

Gismo
13th October 2008, 05:58 PM
We are going to print the money and inflation will go throw the roof. The banks get the money first when it has some value, by the time it reaches us it worthlessSorry mate, but, i disagree with that ;)
For once, i actually reckon Broon has done the right thing :thumbs up:
The penalties that have been imposed on thebanks is quite severe, no more the top dogs getting mega bonus's.

The brokered deal is already having the desired effect on the city trading.

Yes, we are gonna pay for it, but, not in the way you think, food, utilities, fuel and loans wil remain the same if not go up, but, bank rates will reduce, but, it's gonna be interesting to see the next few days and weeks.

For one, my stock and share ISA finally went back up today, only £9, but, better than the £1,000 it lost one night last week :eek:

illegalhunter
13th October 2008, 07:01 PM
The more Fait money in the system the less its worth, its that simple

Scottie
13th October 2008, 07:08 PM
BS

It's a nonsense they are freezing the big bonuses for just one year.

illegalhunter
13th October 2008, 07:18 PM
Whats BS? we have a Fait curency we will print more for the bail out of banks . The stuff in curclation is worth less to the money being backed by nothing. http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/205763/fiat-money#tab=active~checked%2Citems~checked&title=fiat%20money%20--%20Britannica%20Online%20Encyclopedia

Scottie
13th October 2008, 07:23 PM
the good thing about all this is the $ ppb is down below $80 yes the price is less at the pump but really it should be cheaper.

Banks should have stuck at being banks and building society's at being building
society's.

I am not 100% sold on us shoring up these banks with our money and it's not always the answer to throw more money at the problem.

Nick Neeson got jail for less.

We really need things to be more stable over the pond and not forgetting its still 4 weeks till their election time, which adds another layer of confusion and if there is one thing the market HATES ..it is confusion..

The Dogfather
13th October 2008, 07:41 PM
I think the BS Scottie is referring to is Bonnie Scotland, whoever that is ;)

Gismo
13th October 2008, 07:42 PM
I think the BS Scottie is referring to is Bonnie Scotland, whoever that is ;)I'm not so sure :frown:

Scottie
13th October 2008, 07:51 PM
I'm not so sure :frown:

:hand::hand:
sorry yes Bonnie Scotland aka Gismo Man or Alan and not the other.