PDA

View Full Version : Japanese GP - with spoilers!

euan
12th October 2008, 11:18 AM
So, for those of us who were up early (or, the sane ones who recorded it :D) what's the verdict on this mornings mess?

Lewis definitely panicked on the 1st lap, in the replays after the Massa incident you can see the flat spot on the front right so he was screwed anyway. However, was there any need for him to do it in the first place? I don't think so.

Did he deserve a penalty? Debatable (more yes than no), but why are the FIA trying to ruin it by dishing these out all the time? Massa definitely did (regardless of what he is quoted as saying, the boys on something - probably swapped bottles with Kimi and been drinking neat vodka).

And as for the Bourdais penalty, WTF!!!!! Massa drove into him, not the other way round, Bourdais is the innocent party in that one and has cost that team a load of points.

So, can anyone answer this - why did the stewards wait till the end of race to give him the equivalent of a drive through? What's the ruling on how many laps/time till the end when they have to wait till post race? Leaving aside the madness of giving him one at all...

Gismo
12th October 2008, 02:10 PM
I've only seen the massa collision into hamilton on the news, from what i saw he drove right into him having cut the corner.
Hamilton was on the racing line, surely some action to be taken there.

The stewards are supposed to look at racing incidents immediately and then any drive through penalty must be done within 3 laps of being issued.

euan
12th October 2008, 05:07 PM
I've only seen the massa collision into hamilton on the news, from what i saw he drove right into him having cut the corner.
Hamilton was on the racing line, surely some action to be taken there.

The stewards are supposed to look at racing incidents immediately and then any drive through penalty must be done within 3 laps of being issued.

The stewards gave Massa a drive through for that incident, the one at the end of race between Massa and Bourdais ended up being a penalty for Bourdais - which is unfair.

I wondered if there was a rule though when it gets close to the end of the race, when it's not feasible for a driver to complete a drive through?

Gismo
12th October 2008, 05:16 PM
The stewards gave Massa a drive through for that incident, the one at the end of race between Massa and Bourdais ended up being a penalty for Bourdais - which is unfairOk, good, and i'm a ferrair fan ;) i have a financial vested interest with Hamilton winning the championship this year :thumbs up:
Not seen the Boudais incident

I wondered if there was a rule though when it gets close to the end of the race, when it's not feasible for a driver to complete a drive through?Well, there is, remember Shuey won a race sitting in the pit lane, but having passed the finish line actually won the race after his time penalty.
You get a 3 lap caution from when you recieve the penalty, he had 2 laps to go so simply drove into the pits on his lat lap, unfair, or using the rules :rolleyes:

euan
12th October 2008, 06:33 PM
Ok, good, and i'm a ferrair fan ;) i have a financial vested interest with Hamilton winning the championship this year :thumbs up:
Not seen the Boudais incident

Well, there is, remember Shuey won a race sitting in the pit lane, but having passed the finish line actually won the race after his time penalty.
You get a 3 lap caution from when you recieve the penalty, he had 2 laps to go so simply drove into the pits on his lat lap, unfair, or using the rules :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's what I thought, which makes me wonder why the Massa/Bourdais incident was delayed till then end, even though there was more than 10 laps remaining!

mini saltire
12th October 2008, 08:21 PM
Its all becoming a bit of a farce now!:frown: I am now not that interested in watching the rest of them.

Crombers
12th October 2008, 08:51 PM
I enjoyed watching it (at 5am :yawn:), bit gutted that Kimi could not mount a challenge from P3 in the final stages.

illegalhunter
12th October 2008, 09:43 PM
Its kinda , they dont want the black new kid on the block to win

Fairy
13th October 2008, 09:45 AM
Well I was up at 5am :yawn: but kinda wishing I hadn’t bothered!!
I am a fan of Lewis and when he drives well, he is fantastic to watch…but what the hell was he playing at in Japan??:ragin: He completely pushed his own team mate over up to the first corner and then to force Kimi off the track was bang out of order!!:frown:! Ok, so he fell back behind Massa to 6th place but why did he feel the need to get past him on the first lap?? He had over 60 more laps to get past him and we all know he is more than capable of overtaking! I appreciate there is a world title at stake but he was just being an arse!:eek:

Its simple…
Lewis was just a boy in a toy at this gp…commentators said that he left the circuit as soon as the race was over…I just hope that Ron Dennis gave him the b*llocking he deserved:nag:

I only continued to watch the race as Robert and Kim’s battle was thrilling to watch, such talented and skilled drivers, Kimi is outstanding and credit where credit is due for Alonso too…boy done good :clap:

I agree that the FIA really have an issue with Lewis, its so evident and its all getting a bit nasty now :popcorn:

euan
13th October 2008, 11:03 AM
ommentators said that he left the circuit as soon as the race was over…I just hope that Ron Dennis gave him the b*llocking he deserved:nag:

I only continued to watch the race as Robert and Kim’s battle was thrilling to watch, such talented and skilled drivers, Kimi is outstanding and credit where credit is due for Alonso too…boy done good :clap:

I agree that the FIA really have an issue with Lewis, its so evident and its all getting a bit nasty now :popcorn:
He came back (or the commentators got it wrong). I think there was an element of toy throwing, he bogged down on the start, the adrenaline kicked in and he was off - we've all been there when you know what you want to do but for some unknown reason adrenaline makes you want to do it immediately - the boys a racer and in time will develop the patience he needs. He' currently talking about it a lot so he knows he needs to work on it.

I watched the video of the Massa incident again, you can see him turn into the corner, and then sharpen his line while alongside Bourdais, which ended up with him hitting him. How is that Bourdais fault?

Fairy
13th October 2008, 11:43 AM
we've all been there when you know what you want to do but for some unknown reason adrenaline makes you want to do it immediately

Yeah Euan, I more or less do agree with you but its Lewis's job to act professionally and drive correctly, although adrenaline would kick in (and I admit there is no way I could handle myself if it was me:eyes up:) he is paid enough to be in that position and although he is racing there are tactics he should have used instead of just barging his way to get to the front :hand:

RyanK
13th October 2008, 01:11 PM
FIA - Ferrari International Assistance

zimbo
13th October 2008, 04:33 PM
I think F1 is just becoming a huge farce these days. I mean I think there are really only two groups of competitors competing in F1 these days and they are, FERRARI and then all the rest of the teams....

Favouritism towards the Ferraris always!!! The rest of the field must feel like they are basically knocking their heads against a brick wall so to speak, coz no matter what "racing incidents" occur ferrari always come out as being the victims and smelling of roses. :argh:

Formula 1 should just do away with Ferrari altogether then we can get back to proper F1 again. I think.. :ragin:

tonyjac
13th October 2008, 07:16 PM
FERRARI IS FORMULA 1:thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
13th October 2008, 07:19 PM
Someone reach over and take Tony's big stick away from him will they.:laugh:

tonyjac
13th October 2008, 07:21 PM
:D:D:smilewinkgrin:

Hamish
13th October 2008, 07:33 PM
Give me MotoGP anyday... Completely lost all interest in F1... used to love sitting down to watch it with my Dad on Sundays... now, I'd rather offer to wash and polish everyones car on here than sit through F1... I'll watch the start and the end, but the bit in the middle just seems so mundane. :argh:

Gismo
13th October 2008, 07:35 PM
Give me MotoGP anyday... Agreed :thumbs up:

now, I'd rather offer to wash and polish everyones car on here than sit through F1... No chance :frown: nobody washes my car cept me :hand: :Whistle:

Hamish
13th October 2008, 07:36 PM
haha... thats a bit of luck... didnt really fancy all that washin n polishin! :smilewinkgrin: