PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Front Bumper

lightbody
4th April 2004, 05:56 AM
Hi there,

I have a fairly badly scratched front Bumper since it was nearly new! Its always annoyed me, but i never wanted to pay over £200 to get it fixed...

There is one for sale on ebay in the right colour (BRG) ... whats it worth and how difficult is it to replace a bumper? i.e. Has someone on here done this and could help me do it!?!

Thank,

- Rob & scratched Charlie.

john
4th April 2004, 11:14 PM
Value!! just whatever you want to pay because there are a lot of them about for sale.

As for fitting its very very easy to do so dont be affraid.:)

lightbody
10th April 2004, 07:22 PM
Thanks John.

I've actually won it now, i should get it next week... has anyone swapped bumpers? Am willing to pay a competent friendly garage to do it for me. I am hopeless at DIY and would probably end up with no bumper on the car at all.

Having a search on MINI2 wasn't really a lot of help except to tell me that some of the components (indicators etc) changed their design on the same month as my car was built (Oct01).

Cheers,
- Rob

Heather
13th April 2004, 06:18 AM
found this rob

http://mini.uglydoris.com/archives/000020.html

i would be a willing pair of local hands if u decide to do it yourself.:D

lightbody
13th April 2004, 08:15 AM
Thanks a lot... After reading that, I don't really fancy tackling this myself unless i had lots of time, a bright garage, and axle stands (I have none of these!).

When it arrives i'll try and decide what to do...

Heather
13th April 2004, 04:49 PM
At least you got a new bumper!! The glovebox guy on mini2 never ever got back to me:mad:

Fontal
13th April 2004, 06:35 PM
I changed the front bumper on my one on my drive with no jacks, axle stands or bright lights it realy is easy it took about 20 mins in total, there are two hex bolts on the top about 6 or 8 philips scews on the bottom and one on each side in the wheel arch at the spring clip just remember to unclip the temp sensor from the front grill on the inside.
Any problems give us a shout

Richard

Neil and Lorna
14th April 2004, 07:37 AM
Hi there

If you go to the mini parts dealer 'newminisport.com' they have downloadable instructions for fitting driving lights which includes removing the bumper with pictures.:D

Neil

lightbody
17th May 2004, 03:21 AM
Oh what a nightmare that turned out to be!

Got the bumper off OK then hit a problem - the side wheel arch bits needed moved from one to the other and the screw holes didnt line up at the bottom! I also managed to damage one of them so it needs replacing now!! (how cheap are these bits?). The chrome grill bit on the bottom was the final unsurmountable challenge and i gave up, retraced my steps, and put it all back together again.

Result:- car in slightly worse condition, but owner knowledgable in front bumper removeal/replacement!!