PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts?

Hamish
7th October 2008, 11:27 AM
Alright folks... whats the fastest, maddest, craziest new mini model thats been brought out in your own opinions?

Which tuning companies are setting the bar for modding the new minis too?

Let the discussion commence............. :smilewinkgrin:

AndyP & Lenore
7th October 2008, 11:32 AM
I guess it's gonna be a close call between the new R56 MINI John Cooper Works and the R53 JCW GP. I haven't driven either, but the spec alone tells you they are both super-quick.

But, I do have to say, our R56 with the dealer fit JCW kit is blindingly fast. Significantly faster than our R53 JCW.

As for tuning companies, I doubt you could go past GTT for sheer adventurism in modding. Their 300bhp kit is stunning just to look at, never mind drive.

A.

Hamish
7th October 2008, 11:35 AM
awesome... might have to get a blast off you sometime Andy, i was impressed with how the Cooper went alone (not even the S).

Drove Knockhills Cooper S race car, that was fun... very tight suspension... Possibly contemplating a Mini road car when funds will allow... might as well make it a BEAST (again depending on funds)!!! hahaha

AndyP & Lenore
7th October 2008, 03:46 PM
I drove Knockhil's Cooper S race car also....... straight into the tyre wall after Carlube.:thud: Just a bit of cosmetic damage which was quickly fixed and they got the car back on the road for the rest of my session.:thumbs up:

Was an experience and a half.

Sad news is, I was talking with Rory at Knockhill (my instructor in the car with me who also races Porsche, Formula Ford etc) and he was telling me Knockhill have ditched the MINI Experience. Shame.:frown:

Like you say, that car had solid suspension and a lot of ooomph.:yes nod:

A.

AeroJonny
7th October 2008, 04:10 PM
As for tuning companies, I doubt you could go past GTT for sheer adventurism in modding. Their 300bhp kit is stunning just to look at, never mind drive.

ABF Performance...the game's a wrap!

stoney
7th October 2008, 06:21 PM
well i have drove the new works mini its fast and handels very well not drove the gp yet but its lighter than the rest so should be quick i like gtt tuning there parts are good qualaty

Hamish
7th October 2008, 07:46 PM
Damn, I'm gonna have to get myself a spin out in some of these cars guys n girls!!!

Got some serious rally fever at the mo... just back from Catalunya watching the WRC's... no Mini's but there should be some rallyin this weekend on Mull... the 5am start should be worth the trip!

What does everyone think of Lohen?

Burple
7th October 2008, 09:50 PM
What does everyone think of Lohen?

:thumbs up::thumbs up: Like their kit, got my Bluefin from them :cool:
V fast service too as far as I'm concerned.. Next Day :D

gauldrymini
8th October 2008, 12:26 PM
Alright folks... whats the fastest, maddest, craziest new mini model thats been brought out in your own opinions?

Which tuning companies are setting the bar for modding the new minis too?

Let the discussion commence............. :smilewinkgrin:

We have the R56 JCW and boy oh boy it is very quick, powerful and handles well. It is as quick if not quicker than our GTI Edition 30 with 227BHP!

An absolute hoot of a car!:thumbs up:

Andrew