PDA

View Full Version : Hi

doogz__
6th October 2008, 12:11 PM
Hello all,

Thought I'd introduce myself, I'm new here. My names Douglas, and my girlfriend Laura is a member on here already, she goes to pick up her/our new Mini Cooper tomorrow, its a year old yellow and black thing, you'll have to excuse my ignorance, not to clued up on new Mini's.

At the moment i'm driving my mum's old 306, as my Impreza got stolen 2 weeks ago, but i'm replacing it at the end of the week with a Clio 182, and i also have a Peugeot 106 Series 1 rallye, with a 1600 gti engine in it, that will be my hillclimb toy for next year when i get around to finishing building it, and of course, i'll be driving the Mini, to see what all the fuss is about!

So there, Hi!

Gismo
6th October 2008, 12:13 PM
:welcome: Doogz__ once you've driven the MINI you'll understand, just get the chequebook out cause you'll be adding stuff to it, a lot :thumbs up:

doogz__
6th October 2008, 12:23 PM
I most certainly won't!

I have 2 cars of my own to deal with, this is her car.

I've already had several email's from her this morning though about center console vinyls and stuff, i can see it being an expensive hobby for her!

Forbes
6th October 2008, 12:39 PM
Welcome.

Craig
6th October 2008, 01:16 PM
:welcome: Doogz

you mentioned on another thread that a friend of yours races MINI's - anybody we know ?

as you say, it will be a very expensive hobby for her... :thud:;)

doogz__
6th October 2008, 01:21 PM
Please, its Doogz, nobody calls me Douglas unless its a Sunday lol

Yeah he posts on here, Chris Knox, last track night on Knockhill i was at in my old car, he took me a passenger run in his Mini, a lot of fun. Couple of years of hillclimbing and i'll see what i can afford to spend on racing :P

Craig
6th October 2008, 01:28 PM
Please, its Doogz, nobody calls me Douglas unless its a Sunday lol

Yeah he posts on here, Chris Knox, last track night on Knockhill i was at in my old car, he took me a passenger run in his Mini, a lot of fun. Couple of years of hillclimbing and i'll see what i can afford to spend on racing :P

changed my post as it is Monday not Sunday :computer::Whistle:

If that was on the 30th Sept, then I was there with my MINI. I've met Chris, spoke to him at Doune regarding getting some work done by one of his sponsors. :yes nod::yes nod:

Maybe see you at a run or meet soon..:thumbs up:

doogz__
6th October 2008, 01:32 PM
Cool, na it was a month or so ago, my one and only track day in my Subaru.

I was up at Doune as well, had planned to have my 106 ready to compete, but of course, Laura's 106 came first. So i've spent months sorting it out, and she decides she's selling it, so my car wasn't ready to compete, Women, eh?!

Lol, she'll probably not be happy when she see's this!

Laura
6th October 2008, 01:47 PM
man you moan lots! :p

doogz__
6th October 2008, 01:59 PM
Bite me.

Mini Ecosse
6th October 2008, 05:49 PM
:welcome: ;bigwave:

Duncan Stewart
6th October 2008, 08:48 PM
:D Hi and Welcome :D