PDA

View Full Version : Wheels and Tyres

camjay
3rd October 2008, 12:02 PM
Hi. Apologies if this has been answered about 100 times before.

Can anyone tell me where the best place is to go for nice, reasonably priced alloys with tyres? Been sniped a couple of times on e-bay (swines) and have been too late for some of the wheels on sale on the Forum.
I'm looking for 17" or 18".

Thanks ;)

Gismo
3rd October 2008, 12:11 PM
It really depends on how much you are prepared to pay.
You're already looking at the places that'll give you a lower price, but, not perhaps perfect condition and given that your price is getting beaten suggests that maybe you're aiming too low.

You could always try our sponsor, John Clark's send David at parts a PM or post up in their forum.

Also, maybe wait until someone else sells a set on here, keep checking :thumbs up:

Craig
3rd October 2008, 01:28 PM
if you are not looking for genuine mini wheels then I can recommend Rochford Tyres Website HERE (http://www.alloywheels.com)

I have bought from them before and so has Marky and the price and service was top notch..:clap:

Scottie
3rd October 2008, 07:40 PM
what is your budget?

illegalhunter
4th October 2008, 09:37 AM
The for sale section is where i would start

Gaz B
4th October 2008, 10:37 AM
I got my brand new mini bullets and brand new dunlop run flats from ebay for £500. Which sounds alot but then I punted the s spokes that were on my cooper s and in quite poor condition with non run flats for £220!:eek: Which means I got brand new wheels and tyres for £280.:p

There are plenty of bargains out there if you bide your time. I had to wait a wee while before I got what I was looking for!:smilewinkgrin:

Forbes
4th October 2008, 03:13 PM
Turriff tyres have a huge selction and deliver, basically everyone in aberdeen gets from there. Know you are larkhall but you would just have to fit them

camjay
5th October 2008, 08:36 AM
Hi Folks.

Thanks for the advice. :thumbs up: I know I need to fork out if I want nice wheels, but if there's a bargain to be had that would be great. I commute to work and have quite a big mileage every day and, as its coming into winter, I don't want them ruined so I'll take my time looking.

Thanks for the suggestions though, I'll definately look at some of the people you've recommended.

I'm just SOOOOOO impatient - I want my mini looking the dogs ASAP!! :yes nod:

Forbes
5th October 2008, 12:21 PM
I would wait till like March because your wheels will get wrecked. Some people will be putting winter wheels on soon, i will be after the Manky thrash. Also gives you longer to decide