PDA

View Full Version : Mini driver by proxy

poprock
29th September 2008, 07:50 PM
Hi all.

I’ve a confession to make. I drive a Porsche. My wife, on the other hand, has a 53 plate Mini Cooper that she absolutely adores … so I’m here just in case we ever need any advice or there’s a local meet that looks like a laugh (we’re in Glasgow).

The Mini’s Forest Green (but we tell everyone it’s British Racing Green, heh) with white roof and mirrors. Pepper Pack, so all the usual bits that come with that. I have to admit, it’s not the same as driving my car, but it is great fun around town!

Hamish
29th September 2008, 07:54 PM
:welcome: hey i've just signed up recently too, everyone here has been very friendly so far, so I'm sure you and your wife will be made to feel most welcome by all... looks like the site is a wealth of info too.

Enjoy :smilewinkgrin:

Hamish

AndyP & Lenore
29th September 2008, 08:27 PM
:welcome: poprock. Shame about the mid-life-crisis:moonie: but at least you're wife has good taste.:yes nod::laugh:

Also, I'm pretty sure the green you have will be classed as BRG, so I don't think you need to be worried about telling your friends any white lies.:thumbs up:

A.:D

poprock
29th September 2008, 08:35 PM
Oh, I don’t know … I don’t remember BRG ever being metallic. Who cares though, it looks good, especially with the bonnet stripes!

AndyP & Lenore
29th September 2008, 08:45 PM
Oh, I don’t know … I don’t remember BRG ever being metallic. Who cares though, it looks good, especially with the bonnet stripes!

I'm just going by what I remember the "official" colours were on MINI's brochures and the web site at the time. I'm sure they called it BRG. But I know what you mean, traditional BRG was a solid colour.:thumbs up:

A.

Duncan Stewart
29th September 2008, 08:47 PM
:D Hi and Welcome :D

Craig
29th September 2008, 09:08 PM
:welcome: Poprock

a Porker you say..... life in merchant banking must be hard these days tho eh ? :Whistle:;)

as Andy says - MINI like to call it BRG, but it ain't the real thing. :smilewinkgrin:

hope to see you at a meet or run soon :yes nod::yes nod:

Crombers
29th September 2008, 10:46 PM
Welcome to NMSland :cool:

audrey
29th September 2008, 10:56 PM
Hi ;bigwave:

Gismo
30th September 2008, 07:43 AM
:welcome: and BRG it is, though the BMW version of it :Whistle:

stoney
30th September 2008, 07:58 AM
:welcome:

poprock
30th September 2008, 10:08 AM
Cheers everyone, glad to be aboard.

All jokes aside, my two old Porsches (one in bits, one running) cost less together than our Mini Cooper … and it’s great having such different cars in the garage. Totally opposite in character but both fun to fling around corners. It’s also good to know that we have one reliable car (the Mini, naturally) for those days where the twenty-year-old behemoth doesn’t want to play nice.

From now on, British Racing Green it is. No more feeling guilty about taking the name in vain!

Big Gordy
30th September 2008, 12:19 PM
Aaaaaaah old porkers don't you just luv em:smilewinkgrin: Which version's do you have:confused:
Ohh and :welcome: by the way:thumbs up:

AeroJonny
30th September 2008, 12:41 PM
I'm pretty sure I used to work with your other half about a year ago...you guys took your time getting here ;)

JOHN MILNE
30th September 2008, 03:04 PM
;bigwave::welcome:

poprock
30th September 2008, 09:17 PM
I'm pretty sure I used to work with your other half about a year ago...you guys took your time getting here ;)

Ach, so many forums, so little time …

I was searching around for an indie garage to look after Jen’s Mini in Glasgow and figured it was time at least one of us signed up.

Colin
30th September 2008, 09:28 PM

Bumble
30th September 2008, 10:07 PM
:welcome: and a big bumble ;bigwave:

poprock
30th September 2008, 11:56 PM
Aaaaaaah old porkers don't you just luv em:smilewinkgrin: Which version's do you have:confused:

My ‘keeper’ is a 944 Turbo and I have a matching standard 944 that’s currently in the bodyshop because a Renault Megane reversed into it. That one will be up for sale when I get it back with a shiny new front end.

Cheers for all the welcomes folks!

Big Gordy
1st October 2008, 08:30 AM
Cool:cool: I went to look at a 944 S2 many moons ago but I couldn't convince the missus we should buy it as she didn't like the colour......it was gold:eyes up:

Mini Ecosse
1st October 2008, 10:57 AM
:welcome: ;bigwave:

ianking
6th October 2008, 11:50 AM
Hi and welcome

Get some pics of the 944s up.

My dad had a 944 many years ago when I was just a wee lad. I think it was a 944 lux. I remember going to pick it up with him at the now gone Glen Henderson garage in Edinburgh. His was red. Im sure we will have a pic of it somewhere.

Big Gordy
7th October 2008, 08:59 AM
I remember going to pick it up with him at the now gone Glen Henderson garage in Edinburgh.

Ahhhhh memories:eyes up: I used to work in the west end of Edinburger back then and could be found most lunchtimes with my nose pressed against their window drooling over the 911 turbos :Whistle:

Ivano
7th October 2008, 01:53 PM