PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Mini?

monkimagic
26th September 2008, 11:08 PM
No not mine, but mine is still forsale an still cheap.

No, when I was putting mine up on Gumtree I came acroos this so to be nosey I asked for more info and this is the spin I got....

Bargain or con?

http://aberdeen.gumtree.com/aberdeen/57/29085057.html

Hi,

My name is Jackie Brown and I'm delighted to see that you are interested in my 2006 MINI COOPER S 1.6 2dr Convertible with only 19,000 Miles.The VRM is VA06KDK.

First and foremost I'd like to tell you a few things about the car.. It's in excellent condition and runs like perfect, It has never been involved in any kind off accident, and it has got no mechanical problems, also it has no outstanding finance as I purchased it outright. What can I say the car looks and drives like a new car.

I have all the documents which I can transfer the car into your name.

At the moment I am out of the country in Germany on business.Therefore I will pay for the shipping costs, because the car will be shipped from Hamburg Germany.

I'm expecting to get £3000 GBP for my car and i will have to add the delivery and insurance fees to your location. So if you would like to know what will be your total email back with your delivery address.

Probably you are asking why I am selling it so cheap.The truth off the matter is I have to sell my car reluctantly as I need to buy another car here in Germany, and I want to sell this one, because it`s still registered in the UK and it`s a right-hand drive car so it`s hard for me to drive it here where all the cars are left-hand drives, and I have to pay a lot of money to register it in this country.

I've chosen eBay to manage this transaction after various work collogues recommended it to me therefore we both can feel safe, until our transaction is done.

You will receive all the papers and documents (V5 document, car`s manual etc.) to prove
the ownership of the car. The V5 document and all the papers from the car will be shipped together with the car and its two keys, so you can become the owner on the spot. The agent from the shipping company who will deliver the car to your door will hand you over all the documents that you need to register the car to your name.

This deal Will be done in a secure way, as eBay will cover us both from any problems.

If you want to buy the car but you are worried regarding the transaction, send me now
your full name, complete shipping address and your eBay user name and eBay Motors will contact you with all the details regarding this transaction, so you can see that
everything is ok.

I am ready to ship the car immediately if you are a genuine buyer.

I would appreciate your earliest response.
Kind Regards
Jackie

I PREFER TO DO BUSINESS BY EMAIL, NOT TELEPHONE. PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO PHONE YOU. I LIKE THE PERMANENCY AND ACCURACY OF THE PRINTED WORD. I ALSO TRY TO WORK A BUSINESS WEEK. IF I DON'T ANSWER THE QUESTION WHICH YOU ASK ON SUNDAY, BE PATIENT. I'LL GET TO IT ON MONDAY.

THANKS!

ny152
27th September 2008, 01:49 AM
If it sounds too good to be true, then it usually is...

A con, to be well avoided!

Gismo
27th September 2008, 06:16 AM
It's a con :yes nod:
But, string him along :thumbs up: i had a similar deal a couple of years ago and it's great fun.
Simply send them an e-mail back saying that luckily you are in Germany at the moment and can come and view the car etc etc

monkimagic
27th September 2008, 08:50 PM
Like this?

Hi,

where in Germany is the car. As luck would have it I am coming over next week so I could view the car then, this could be a great deal for us both.

Regards

:Whistle:

Ferengo
27th September 2008, 09:02 PM
Same thing happened here a while back. I saw a Ford Mustang on ebay, early 90's (Not the nicest to look at), good spec. Was 1000 buy it now. So I emailed the guy as it was in Dundee and so was I. Got a reply back saying something along the lines of paying through paypal and picking it up in 4 weeks and they were out of Dundee. So I said no, but I was willing to wait the 4 weeks til they were back. Got another reply saying that I was protected due to some motor thing eBay has (Load of crap as it doesn't apply in the UK). So I emailed ebay and got them kicked off. It's good to mess with people that are trying to rip you off. Good advice Gismo :thumbs up:.

Gismo
28th September 2008, 06:57 AM
Like this?

Hi,

where in Germany is the car. As luck would have it I am coming over next week so I could view the car then, this could be a great deal for us both.

Regards

:Whistle:Yep :thumbs up:

It's good to mess with people that are trying to rip you off. Good advice Gismo :thumbs up:.Handy if you've got a hotmail address that you hardly use :yes nod: saves them spamming you back

monkimagic
29th September 2008, 07:35 PM
Thanks for your previous email. At the moment I'm in Munich on business and the car is located at the shipping company in Hamburg.
I want to make the deal through eBay Motors. I will not lose anymore time waiting for the client to come and see it. This is not the first time when I have such offer, and everything turns to be a wasting of time.
So, sorry, I want a quick sale. I have no warranty that you'll come, and i have many other peoples interested to buy it and i am sure you will understand that i do not want to lose an real buyer for just some promises. Sorry, nothing personaly, just want to finish soon.
I DO NOT WANT TO SKIP EBAY ..... SO EMAIL BACK WITH INFORMATIONS THAT I AM REQUIRED AND THEY WILL SEND YOU AN INVOICE. YOU SHOULD INSURE THE PAYMENT WITH EBAY THAN I WILL RESERVE THE CAR FOR YOU AND WAITING TO COME TO PICK UP THE CAR FROM HERE. BUT THE TRANSACTION MUST GO THROUGH EBAY.
This is different than you Buy it Now directelly to eBay. My auction was closed so you can't buy the item on them site directelly but they still have it on file and we has the posibility to do this, that way, As i have this account with them , i have to open a case with them about our transaction.You can't fill in form with them untill i will do that.Than, they will notices us and approved us for business.You can check with them after that everything you like.
You have to make the payment to eBay, not to me. Payment will done bank-to-bank, wire transfer to an eBay account. The payment will be handling by eBay in their bank account and you will benefit of 15 inspection time period and the option to accept or reject the car on my expense.
Waiting your eBay ID details ( eBay user name, your complete name, shipping address for delivery and phone number ) to register you as my client at eBay. They will open a case with our transaction and contact with eBay invoice and transaction details.
Hope to hear back from you soon. Thanks,
THE FULLY PROPERLY EXECUTED TRANSFERABLE TITLE WILL BE OVERNIGHTED TO EBAY BY MY BANKER UNTIL SHIPPING.
YOU WILL HAVE TO SEND THE PAYMENT TO AN EBAY ACCOUNT NOT TO ME DIRECTELY, SO EBAY WILL HOLD ALL THE FUNDS AND DOCUMENTS UNTIL CAR CLEARS INSPECTIONS. NO ONE LOOSES IN A CONTROLED TRANSACTION.
EBAY WILL HOLD THE PAYMENT UNTILL THE CAR WILL ARRIVE TO YOU AND 15 DAYS INSPECTION WILL BE DONE AND THEY WILL RELEASE THE PAYMENT TO MY ACCOUNT ONLY AFTER YOU CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE SATISFY WITH THE CAR.
SO YOU CAN NOT CAME TO TAKE THE CAR,THESE ARE MY CONDITIONS,LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE OK WITH IT BECAUSE I HAVE OTHERS POTENTIAL BUYERS.MANY THNKS

MiniSnaps
29th September 2008, 10:00 PM
Bargain or con?

Honestly, if you need to ask.......:argh:

monkimagic
30th September 2008, 12:05 AM
Honestly, if you need to ask.......:argh:

Dude.....

MiniSnaps
30th September 2008, 12:07 AM
;)

Gismo
30th September 2008, 07:35 AM
So, carry it forward, do as he asks and get him to go to all the expense of setting up a western union deposit, which is what he'll probably ask for :hand: