PDA

View Full Version : ABS Test Clunk!

Wul
1st April 2004, 10:19 PM
OK all you MCS owners out there - a question!

How noticeable is your ABS test "clunk" when you pull away? On my S it seems a helluva lot louder than it was on my Coop - it's even more noticable as it happens right before the doors auto lock! If you can listen out for it (stereos off please) and let me know - especially if you've previously owned another MINI.

thanks guys:)

KenL
1st April 2004, 10:27 PM
I've never heard this at all in my ONE.

Remember Wul that the humble ONE has the same brakes as your mighty S. :p

Wul
1st April 2004, 10:32 PM
Have you not ken? that's funny - all the MINI's i've driven have done it - it's even a FAQ on the F&F forum on MINI2! maybe your ONE is special!? :D

AberdeenMini
1st April 2004, 11:24 PM
My friends Cooper makes a very loud clunking noise but on mine i can hardly notice it, sometimes dont! I think it can vary but i'm no expert.

Big Gordy
1st April 2004, 11:58 PM
I'm with KenL on this ONE :D Our ONE doesn't do it either :p:D:approve:

GAJ
2nd April 2004, 12:51 AM
I never notice it on my car either. Unless it happens at exactly the same time as the doors lock.

3GGG
2nd April 2004, 12:57 AM
I used to hear it before I got the doors programmed to autolock. I must listen more closely.

Fontal
2nd April 2004, 01:14 AM
Never heard it on my ONE either and I don't have auto lock :eek:

Gismo
2nd April 2004, 01:30 AM
Never heard it myself, but then i have got a really loud stereo :cool:

Big Col
2nd April 2004, 01:34 AM
I've never heard it on my cooper. The only brake clunk I get is when the back brakes stick on a lil when it's been sitting for a while.

For the record, I didn't know ONE's went fast enough to merit brakes. :D:clown::p

Gismo
2nd April 2004, 01:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
For the record, I didn't know ONE's went fast enough to merit brakes. :D:clown::p
:blackeye::eek:

Wul
2nd April 2004, 01:44 AM
Wait till KenL sees that post Col! Your forit! :eek:

duncan
2nd April 2004, 01:54 AM
Here, theres nothing wrong with the Mighty One's! :mad:
There SO good that they can manage adventures many other MINI's cant.
Or is that just mine?

Big Gordy
2nd April 2004, 02:54 AM
And they know where to meet when they go on adventure unlike some cooper I know :clown: :p:D:approve:

Willie M
2nd April 2004, 04:22 PM
Can't say I've noticed this Wul. I'll pay extra attention in future :sleepy:

It's not very well known but Duncan's One actually has its own form of Sat-Nav. It follows the 'ley-lines' across the earth, thus heading off on it's own unique wee adventures :approve::cool:

Big Col
2nd April 2004, 08:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

And they know where to meet when they go on adventure unlike some cooper I know :clown: :p:D:approve:

:I:blackeye::(