PDA

View Full Version : MINI Recall Notice

Willie M
1st April 2004, 04:50 PM
Did anyone receive the letter today for the floor pail recall? Apparently a fault that could cause an unsuspecting MINI owner potential humiliation and embarrassment amongst their peers on an annual basis, if their vehicle has the floor pail fault.

Don't know the full details, be best to phone your dealer for further info and / or book your car in to be checked for this potentially troublesome fault.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Gismo
1st April 2004, 04:55 PM
Yeah yeah, pull the other one ;)

Willie M
1st April 2004, 05:06 PM
Hmmmm.. You obviously didn't receive the letter then Alan? Given the number of modifications you've had done to your car, and the fact that you've had the seats out and the carpets various times, I would think your floor pail would be safe anyway. I'm sure you'd have noticed if it wasn't.

Wul
1st April 2004, 05:07 PM
Jeez - sounds serious! must call my dealer rightaway! ;)

Gismo
1st April 2004, 05:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M

Hmmmm.. You obviously didn't receive the letter then Alan? Given the number of modifications you've had done to your car, and the fact that you've had the seats out and the carpets various times, I would think your floor pail would be safe anyway. I'm sure you'd have noticed if it wasn't.Knowing you are a genuine kinda guy and you really did get a letter, i called my dealer immediately, phew, lucky me, i'm booked in for tomorrow before the rush, cheers Willie :p

Wul
1st April 2004, 05:16 PM
Ditto Alan - didn't expect to get an answer from my dealer at this time of the morning but they've come in early to cope with the demand they're expecting on the phones today due to this recall! :eek::)

Big Col
1st April 2004, 05:36 PM
Dammit! I can't get mine booked in for about 3 weeks! Lord Lucan and Jimmy Hoffa got in just in front of me! :eek::mad::evil:

Willie M
1st April 2004, 09:32 PM
Huh!!

Turn out it wasn't the floor pail at all. It was the polar foil in the heating system that was causing the concern.

Oh well, there's always next year ;)

Linda M
1st April 2004, 10:06 PM
This isn't an april fool but I meant to tell you on the phone earlier
. The silver cooper that lives at the bottom of the road was on the back of a recovery truck this morning :eek:

Monsta Mo Mini
1st April 2004, 10:47 PM
The worst one one was REAL radio (unadulterated bargin basement pish!). "The Proclaimers have admitted that they are infact not related at all and are actually a manufactured band".

Floor pail...didn't old minis have one of them. Every time it rained it filled up with water!

Wul
1st April 2004, 10:58 PM
There was a 2 page spread in the sun on the proclaimers joke!

3GGG
2nd April 2004, 12:55 AM
What about the Radio 2 "Germany and France want to leave the Euro and join the Pound" article...

broken_brian
2nd April 2004, 02:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

Floor pail...didn't old minis have one of them. Every time it rained it filled up with water!

oi :mad::blackeye::mad:

always got to resort to slagging the poor little classic :disapprove:

<stomps feet and slams the door in a childish way>

Big Gordy
2nd April 2004, 03:00 AM
Ohh I wouldn't do that if I were you broken_brian think of the damage you'll do :p:D:approve:

Starky
2nd April 2004, 04:42 AM
Good anagram.