PDA

View Full Version : cooper s owner from the burgh

R56Turbo
18th September 2008, 04:26 PM
;bigwave:Hello;bigwave: everyone! I just joined today as only just noticed this site.

I have had my car for about 6 months now and loving it.I owned a mini One and then a Cooper about 6 years ago and loved them to bits. I moved onto to Lotus's etc and knew i had to go back to the mini's. There is just something special about tuning the mini.

My cooper s has been lightly tuned thus far mainly being a P-Torque ECU remap, Forge BOV and CAI. Within the next week and a half myself and my mate who is a mini owner also will be the first to have DDMWorks RAM-air intake system fitted in the UK (as far as im aware) If infact anyone on here has one i will be very interested to hear what you think :popcorn:

My car currently produces 211bhp and 330Nm (244lbft) courtesy of P-Torque! Before the remap i had 183bhp and 258Nm (190lbft) as standard.

I have some vids here :

http://www.youtube.com/user/R56Turbo

I will get some pics up in the gallery also!

Gismo
18th September 2008, 04:29 PM
:welcome: you've certainly got the mini bug and sounds like a nice level of tune you're getting :thumbs up:

R56Turbo
18th September 2008, 04:45 PM
Cheers!!

I got the mini bug as soon as i started modding my mini one although not as much potential for tuning but going from 90bhp to about 130bhp from a chip 6 months after first getting my license was pretty insane :)

I will have a good few more parts on the car over the next few months and will post back here. Hopefully will also get a chance to come along to runs and meet some of my fellow mini-nutcases ;)

Craig
18th September 2008, 04:45 PM
:welcome:

Nice to see another R56 S Owner :thumbs up: (well Ok I used to have 1... then another 1.... long story LOL) :blush:

R56Turbo
18th September 2008, 05:12 PM

Nice to see another R56 S Owner :thumbs up: (well Ok I used to have 1... then another 1.... long story LOL) :blush:

Hi

I think most of us have been there with cars :argh:

I will need to become a full member and get those stickers on so you all can recognise me :moonie::smilewinkgrin:

RyanK
18th September 2008, 05:20 PM
Alrite Mate, Welcome :thumbs up:

Can feel you with teh Mini One, mines is running about the same and as you said there are no other major gains that can be accomplished :frown:

Your R56 looks rapid, and the forge bov sounds awesome :yes nod:

R56Turbo
18th September 2008, 05:42 PM
Alrite Mate, Welcome :thumbs up:

Can feel you with teh Mini One, mines is running about the same and as you said there are no other major gains that can be accomplished :frown:

Your R56 looks rapid, and the forge bov sounds awesome :yes nod:

The Mini One was amazing it looked not unlike yours but in a different colour (yellow with black roof/mirrors) but i didnt have the aero kit, that looks tidy on your car - always wanted it for my One! Nice wheels too, i def love the black on silver!

Cheers! The noise i agree is lovely.It didnt sound that good with the standard airbox on and as soon as i put on the CAI you could hear the turbo sucking in air and also some very potent noises from the turbo on lifting off throttle etc.:D

Bumble
18th September 2008, 06:26 PM
:welcome: and a big bumble ;bigwave:

Mini Ecosse
18th September 2008, 07:46 PM
:welcome: ;bigwave:

Duncan Stewart
18th September 2008, 08:45 PM
:D Hi and Welcome :D

audrey
18th September 2008, 10:24 PM
Hi ;bigwave:

R56Turbo
18th September 2008, 10:44 PM
Thankyou all! Thats a nice warm welcome.So many in such a short time.Clearly this is a very active club! Glad to be aboard.

Colin
20th September 2008, 05:22 PM
:welcome: Enjoy!

Forbes
20th September 2008, 09:37 PM
Welcome. Now get on a run

Crombers
21st September 2008, 09:47 AM
Welcome to NMSland :cool:

AndyP & Lenore
22nd September 2008, 06:46 PM