PDA

View Full Version : VW Scirocco

N12 JLK
17th September 2008, 06:08 PM
What do you think of the new Scirocco then, saw it on Fifth Gear this week and looks brill, off to see it at VW Stirling on Sunday, they have a nice red one in stock. Not buying one though.

zimbo
17th September 2008, 06:50 PM
Starts at £21,000.... :eek: sorry Jason but if and when I go spend that sort of money then it's going to be one of these...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3068/2720507710_7e48ea3885_b.jpg

:thumbs up: :cool: :Whistle:

Edit:- Piccy too big

N12 JLK
17th September 2008, 07:16 PM
na its a Ford

ianking
17th September 2008, 08:05 PM
New Scirroco looks amazing in Candy White

Big Gordy
17th September 2008, 09:10 PM
off to see it at VW Stirling on Sunday, they have a nice red one in stock. Not buying one though.

Jings.....I think that's when my test drive is booked for:yes nod: I too won't be buying one.....not yet anyway:Whistle: Maybe next year:thumbs up:
Ohh and I didn't realise it was so loooooooooooooooooooooow untill that hairy guy from 5th gear stood next too it...!!!

ianking
18th September 2008, 08:45 AM
Why are you guys going to test drive cars and take up the salesmans time with no intention of buying. Thats a bit unfair is it not.

illegalhunter
18th September 2008, 09:08 AM
Have you beenon the VW site on the configurator . It makes Mini price look cheap, £875 for zenons. £1600 for the leather

leighj
18th September 2008, 11:34 AM
i seen it on 5th gear the other night too, looks nice

Big Gordy
18th September 2008, 12:47 PM
Why are you guys going to test drive cars and take up the salesmans time with no intention of buying. Thats a bit unfair is it not.

Its all built into the price Ian:hand::smilewinkgrin:

Mini Ecosse
18th September 2008, 01:47 PM
Blue one now owned by work mate.
Looks super
Maybe a run in it when I finish nightshifts

Stephen

euan
18th September 2008, 02:08 PM
I've seen a few on the roads and they look amazing. I've been keeping tabs on it since they announced it! As for the money, well it is but it's pretty well equipped for the money, better value than a 3 door Golf GTi and it's MUCH better looking.

If I didn't need the space, I'd be having one in a shot. As it is I'm avoiding VW dealerships at the moment in case I'm tempted!

dougie_dfc
18th September 2008, 08:23 PM
was in vw garage today....for the fourth time in a couple of weeks:laugh:
can't stay away from the scirocco, think it looks amazing, just a shame their sold all the way through till april next year!

Big Gordy
22nd September 2008, 09:15 AM
Well I went in on Saturday for a wee shot:cool: Stirling have a blue one with the leather interior.......very nice:thumbs up: Wasn't so keen on the red one in the showroom as the red is just not red enough if you know what I mean......its a kind of maroon red..!! It certainly goes well enough and the fancy active shocks offer a very complient ride even in the sports setting:yes nod: Cabin is a bit like all Audi/VW's in being a bit plain but hey thats no bad thing:eyes up: Boot is probably about 3 times the size of the mini's but has a very high lip to it. Legroom in the back for a full size adult is a bit limited, although nothing as bad as the mini's, if like me the driver is 6' plus. Rear view is a bit limited but hey how often do we look backwards:thumbs up: Overall very impressed. Delivery only seem to be April if you want a fancy spec.....he said if I wasn't too bothered he could probably get me the colour/interior I wanted out of ones they were already building with about a 6/8 week lead time. Most shocking part of the test was he only offered me 4 grand for my A4 as a trade in :eek::eek::eek: They wax on about the virtues of the diesel engined car on how they run forever but as soon as you stick over 100,000 miles on one they don't want to know:ragin:

Big Gordy
22nd September 2008, 09:21 AM
Ohh forgot to add that the sales guy was a bit of a wimp:frown:
On my rather "spirited" drive (well it is being sold as a sports car after all) he asked me to slow down:eek::thud: Even Kirsten, who was with me, didn't think I was going THAT quick:Whistle:
I remember when I went out for a test of the JCW 'S' with Broony he actually told me to 'give it some beans' :smilewinkgrin:

euan
22nd September 2008, 10:22 AM
That's funny - there was a VW guy in Aberdeen who had a road he only used for test drives of Corrados and GTis, fast and empty, where the proof of a good test drive was if you could get air!

I had the same with my JCW S test drive, the bloke took me down a road and said - there are no cameras here, I don't mind how you drive it!

gauldrymini
22nd September 2008, 12:47 PM
better value than a 3 door Golf GTi and it's MUCH better looking.

Oops disagreement here:hand:

In my opinon our 3 door GTI Ed 30 is fantastic looking:thumbs up: sometimes you need to pay a bit more for an icon like the GTI.

Considered the Scirocco but went for a black JCW instread:D, just not sure I liked it that much. It kind of reminds me a wee bit of the Volvo C30??

Andrew

euan
22nd September 2008, 12:54 PM
I'm not disagreeing that a 3 door Golf ED 30 is a good looking car, but for me I'd rather have a Scirocco over one. I guess it's to be different, there are lots of Golfs out there but there won't be that many Sciroccos. However, the stealth of a 3 door GTI would also appeal!

I can see what you mean about the C30, they both have the wide hip thing going on at the back, but the Scirrocco is much tidier and modern than the C30, in my view!

Scottie
30th September 2008, 11:47 PM
been in and had a wee look nice car.

Also had a wee look at the Alfa GT Clover Leaf edition another nice car.

euan
1st October 2008, 10:43 AM
been in and had a wee look nice car.

Fairly old now though, would prefer a Brera :D

N12 JLK
1st October 2008, 06:57 PM
Its very nice indeed, we may be tempted in the new year as there demo car is up for grabs then!!

The Bull
1st October 2008, 11:28 PM

I AGREE! Great looking car.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/Picklehammer/Cars/alfagtclover.jpg

MINI William
2nd October 2008, 09:13 AM
Sorry have to disagree its a horrable looking car seen one the other week in white then another in blue and it just looks sooo horrable IMHO of course :smilewinkgrin: