PDA

View Full Version : Decat question

V3 NGS
12th September 2008, 09:18 PM
Hello gang
I am just about to get rid of the cat on my 'S' and was wondering if I still fit tha lambada sensor??? The pipe does have the plugs, but not sure about this at all.... Also will this play havoc with the ECU??? this one is a bit hi tech for this plugs and points type of guy

thanks Nigel

Gismo
12th September 2008, 09:22 PM
Yep, you need to fit the sensor or the ecu won't be able to sort the fuelling out

V3 NGS
12th September 2008, 09:27 PM
will i need to do anything else, like a chip or remap?? i will be fitting a full system {headers, and cat back}??? sorry to be a pain lol

cheers again Nigel

Gismo
12th September 2008, 09:30 PM
Nowt else needed, the ecu will reset itself to the info it receives through the decatted cat and fix it all up, however, you never know :Whistle:

V3 NGS
12th September 2008, 09:33 PM
thanks very much.... and i will be going to knockhill on sunday..... think the weather isnt looking good tho

thanks again Gismo

t18tav
13th September 2008, 06:16 PM
when i put a decat on my s there was a light come up on my dash so i got a
o2 senser from the states, it was really easy to fit and it turned out the light, all it dose is send a false reading to the ecu to make it think the cat is still there. :thumbs up:

stoney
13th September 2008, 06:44 PM
well i have a de cat as well you ecu will remap it self to put in the right fule my light came on but went off at a later date

V3 NGS
13th September 2008, 10:18 PM
well got the manifold fitted tonight and the decat .. i had two lambada sensors on the old manifold one at the top near the head and one after the cat... the new system has two holes so i fitted them both .... no engine management lights so i guess we are good cheers for all your help everyone

after all that the drivers side window will not open or drop when the door opens any ideas before i check in to it ... the relay is clicking so i know i am getting power

thanks for your help getting ready for knockhill tomorrow

stoney
14th September 2008, 09:51 AM
you light wont come on for a while prob a few weeks of so btw

V3 NGS
14th September 2008, 09:20 PM
how right you are the light came on half way to knockhill i think i will need a MIL eliminator anyone know where to get them from ....... great day at the races today some good close racing well worth it

stoney
15th September 2008, 06:37 PM
how right you are the light came on half way to knockhill i think i will need a MIL eliminator anyone know where to get them from ....... great day at the races today some good close racing well worth it

you dont need it my light just went off bye its self :cool::thumbs up: