PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Andy Murray

Scottie
6th September 2008, 09:23 PM
Dam rain.:argh::argh::argh::argh: 2 sets up aswell.:eek::eek::eek:

AndyP & Lenore
6th September 2008, 09:25 PM
Don't have Sky sports. :argh: And working all day so wouldn't make much difference if we did.:argh:

But what happens tomorrow if the rain doesn't clear today. And I'm guessing with TS Hannah overhead there's not much chance o the rain clearing and getting any more play today.

So, tomorrow, do they finish the semi then go straight into the final. That would be a bit harsh.:ragin:

A.

Scottie
6th September 2008, 09:30 PM
would be played Monday.

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/articles/2008-09-05/200809041220555093219.html

monkimagic
6th September 2008, 09:35 PM
He is a miserable sod that lad, the bette he gets the more sullen he gets.

AndyP & Lenore
6th September 2008, 09:48 PM
would be played Monday.

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/articles/2008-09-05/200809041220555093219.html

Thats cool.

Thanks for that. Fi.

A.

euan
7th September 2008, 12:32 AM
He is a miserable sod that lad, the bette he gets the more sullen he gets.

Bit harsh - he's not a great one with the press, but that doesn't make him a miserable git.

monkimagic
7th September 2008, 12:45 AM
Dude, that is an understatment.....

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m3/jan2008/0/0/448FF0C2-AAE5-5737-25C95F0D7D6744D9.jpg

On a good day ;)

Craig
7th September 2008, 07:30 AM
all the best to him today as he has worked very hard to silence the critics. :thumbs up:

illegalhunter
7th September 2008, 07:56 AM
soo needs a strimmer to his hair

euan
7th September 2008, 05:31 PM
soo needs a strimmer to his hair

Totally agree with that!

I think he gets a rough ride from the press. He just wants to play tennis, and is focussed on doing that. As a result, he doesn't care what people think about him, and fair play to him for that. Henman was the opposite, wanted to be liked and play tennis, and ended up with nothing. Here is a guy who has talent, and can genuinely win titles, and that's what he wants to do. Nadal is the same but doesn't get the grief (at least in this country).

So I hope he wins today, and then wins the final, he has played so well in the US. Downside is that it's in the US, and he's Scottish and doesn't play the press game, so he won't get the plaudits he deserves if he does win.

AndyP & Lenore
8th September 2008, 12:20 AM
Who watched the Semi tonight then?

Holy SH!T, what a brilliant game. I know Andy lost the 3rd set, but he really dominated the match.

We went off to Lenore's folks house to watch as Wullie has the Sky Sports package as he watches something called football on it - whatever that is.

Calling Sky tomorrow to subscribe to the sporty channels for a month. Can't miss a Scot in the final of a grand slam event.

A.:thumbs up:

illegalhunter
8th September 2008, 06:52 AM
Do ya think he can beat Feddier?

Scottie
8th September 2008, 07:30 AM
Don't see why not. He is playing well.

If only he had a longer rest between the semi and the final two big games side by side might just be to much for him.

AndyP & Lenore
8th September 2008, 08:42 AM
Do ya think he can beat Feddier?

No reason why not.

He's done it before on hard court.

A.

euan
8th September 2008, 08:57 AM
I want Sky Sports!!!!!

Awesome result.

Craig
8th September 2008, 10:22 AM
Watched the game and WHAT A RESULT!! :thumbs up::thumbs up:

thought his game has come on loads and he certainly has more power.

not sure he will do that well against Federer just because he won't have had enough rest... fingers crossed he will do it tho. ;)

euan
8th September 2008, 10:37 AM
Well, I think he'll be fine fitness wise - he's played 2 sets in 2 days, rather than 4 in a day. Granted, Fed has had more time to recover, but these boys are supremely fit and I think Murray wants it enough to win.

AndyP & Lenore
8th September 2008, 09:20 PM
Off to the Mother-in-laws after work to watch the match.

Anyone else watching our local hero?

A.

The Dogfather
8th September 2008, 09:22 PM
He's not local, but I'll be hoping he does it.

Craig
8th September 2008, 09:30 PM
might watch the start, but will have to go to bed as I have to work tomorrow :eyes up::frown:

Scottie
8th September 2008, 10:11 PM
Dunblane Sports centre has the game showing tonight on a big screen.:D

He's a local lad for me.:thumbs up: that's for sure

his Mum almost made herself bankrupt to fund him going to Spain if he wins tonight I think he picks up like a 1 million not sure whether it's pounds or dollars but I bet she's glad now.

Gismo
8th September 2008, 10:40 PM
Hmm, getting played off the court at the moment :frown:

AndyP & Lenore
9th September 2008, 01:22 AM
Well, the boy done well.

He may not have won, he may not have even won a set, but he took some serves off Federer and held his own on many games.

I missed the first set - on the way from work to the in-laws) but the second set seemed close to me. The third set, Federer showed why he's a 5 times US open champion, and to be honest Andy just couldn't get a handle on him.

But I would say, overall, a few points here or there and it could have been a different match.

Well done to Federer though. He's a real gent on the court and when talking of Andy at the end.

There's always next year. He's just a young'un.

A.:D

The Dogfather
9th September 2008, 06:44 AM
Andy will win a grandslam but it will be when he only has to play one of the top two, either by one of them being injured or being knocked out in an earlier round.

I just hope this hasn't knocked his confidence and determination as he's improved so much in the last 6/8 months.

Gismo
9th September 2008, 08:51 AM
A very good match, even though he didn't win a set he more than showed that he has the shots in there, just needs to be more consistent.
He's got a very lucrative career ahead of him

euan
9th September 2008, 10:26 AM
Andy will win a grandslam but it will be when he only has to play one of the top two, either by one of them being injured or being knocked out in an earlier round.

I just hope this hasn't knocked his confidence and determination as he's improved so much in the last 6/8 months.

I don't know about that, I think he can beat both of them in the same tournament. As the old story goes, if your going to win, you've got to beat the best. He has the fitness now, it's getting better all the time, and he is learning how to play these two. His shot making and decision making was much better at the US than at Wimbledon against Nadal. Next year, if he is injury free, you've got to fancy him to win a slam.

illegalhunter
9th September 2008, 01:34 PM
He got a lesson