PDA

View Full Version : Strange theft!

Gaz B
6th September 2008, 09:11 AM
I was working in Aberdeen last week with my brother fitting out a dental surgery in George street. We managed to get a couple of rooms at the Copthorne Hotel which is pretty nice and we had stayed there befroe. We assumed that the van would be safe on the street behind it adjacent to a school with CCTV.:yes nod:

Apon returning to the van in the morning we found that some scumbag had stolen........wait for it........... the glass from both of our wing mirrors. :ragin:

Thankfully it is a lease van so we took it to A.M Phillip in Bucksburn and got them replaced. We can only assume that they have been stolen to order (it is the LX model so they are heated and electric) but is didn't make it any less obscure. Thank god we can laugh about it because we didn't have to pay!:hand:

Anybody else had anything strange stolen?:confused:

euan
6th September 2008, 09:57 AM
That's very random! Not heard of something like that before!

Was the school the one with the big grass area in front of it? In which case, that's where I went!

Gaz B
6th September 2008, 10:10 AM
The van was actually parked on Esslemount Avenue Euan if that means anything to you? Lovely looking school and there was a big grassy patch outside it!

euan
6th September 2008, 11:01 AM
Yup, that was my school, though before I went there had been a big fire so the big grassy bit was covered in portacabins - not great in the depths of an Aberdeen winter! Looks great now though.

Forbes
6th September 2008, 12:28 PM
My normal aerial was stolen of my golf in the Denburn. 50p to replace

mini saltire
6th September 2008, 02:57 PM
I had my innocence stolen a while ago...:laugh::laugh:

Livi
6th September 2008, 05:49 PM
its not really strange to me, but it is as you will find out

on my old polo i had a bee-sting antenna (which screws on) and i was away to the panto with family and i come back to half my roof ripped off for something that could be screwed off in seconds :eyes up:

i wouldn't mind if it was stole, it was only a fiver, but the point i, why cost me more to repair the roof? :eek: