PDA

View Full Version : New Tyres

Gismo
5th September 2008, 05:37 PM
Well, i replaced my runflats today, something i said i would never do :Whistle:
Tempting fate i know, but, i've not had a puncture for years, so, let's hope i remain lucky :thumbs up:

Livi
5th September 2008, 05:39 PM
how do you find them though? less road noise compared to a runflat?

Gismo
5th September 2008, 05:42 PM
how do you find them though? less road noise compared to a runflat?Much quieter, but, more importantly, more expensive than you're quote :eek:
That'll teach me to take my glasses with me :blush:

Livi
5th September 2008, 05:55 PM
Much quieter, but, more importantly, more expensive than you're quote :eek:
That'll teach me to take my glasses with me :blush:

Im gonna kill him, i told that ba****rding tyre fitter the prices cos your NMS!! :argh: :ragin:

anyways, was it much dearer? :confused:

apologies on the service Alan - ill see to it later :thumbs up:

stoney
5th September 2008, 06:40 PM
i took mine off ages ago and it much better even handles better

what type of tyers have you put on ??

Gismo
5th September 2008, 06:47 PM
what type of tyers have you put on ??Toyo Proxies

Craig
5th September 2008, 07:10 PM
best of luck with them Alan - I am the same as you... been lucky with them for years... :thumbs up:

s-a-l-t-i-r-e
5th September 2008, 08:46 PM
I know what you mean, i'm just on runflats this week for the first time.. Hard and noisy...

Will be changing back to non-run flats as well...:D

Forbes
5th September 2008, 09:01 PM
Never had the pleasure of runflats, but always carry a puncture repair kit just incase. It will happen one day

john
6th September 2008, 03:30 PM
Its not too long ago you had a masive puncture and had to get the car uplifted (on a MINI run too):hand:

The Dogfather
6th September 2008, 04:24 PM
Not too long ago, :rolleyes: it was December 2004. I've got a photo of my MINI and Nenah's BBR parked up at the BP garage in Pitlochry whilst Alan tried to repair the tyre.

I'm back on runflats as my car is still being fixed :ragin:

Scottie
6th September 2008, 06:58 PM
Yeh I remember that thought it was kinda funny when I read Gizmo's post about him saying it was years since he had a puncture. In fact I can rmember him commenting on how he would always have runflats on his car because of this.:laugh::laugh:

didn't you have hassle getting the car on the flat bed or was it that took ages for you to get home:laugh::laugh::p

The Dogfather
6th September 2008, 07:16 PM
Perhaps I should post a link to a recent discussion on NM on this very subject. Alan was pretty pro-runflats ;)

Scottie
6th September 2008, 07:36 PM
Paul do you mean this one:Whistle::Whistle:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dogfather
Alex, if you're up in the highlands and you get a puncture on a ROF you have 50 miles, otherwise the tyre could disintegrate. If you're on normal tyres and get a flat, use a sealant canister you'd be OK for 300+.

You're obviously forgetting my incident at Pitlochry, so, gotta disagree with this, i will never use non run flats again and i firmly believe i'll get more than 50 miles on a punctured run flat if i ever need it
:laugh::laugh:

The Dogfather
6th September 2008, 10:00 PM
That would be the one ;)

Gismo
6th September 2008, 11:06 PM
:Whistle: shaddup the lot of ya :moonie:
Anyways, that was Bonnie Scotland talking

The Dogfather
6th September 2008, 11:36 PM
ah, we are now seeing the logic behind the name change ;)

mini_sco
14th September 2008, 06:46 PM
Ok so if i change my runflats to non runflats keeping the same alloys, this would work ok, ive heard cos they have a lip round the edge they dont work? Also where will fit non runflats in or around Edinburgh??

Cheers:thumbs up:

Craig
14th September 2008, 07:40 PM
Ok so if i change my runflats to non runflats keeping the same alloys, this would work ok, ive heard cos they have a lip round the edge they dont work? Also where will fit non runflats in or around Edinburgh??

Cheers:thumbs up:

All MINI alloys are suitable for run-flats or standard tyres. :thumbs up: There are no restrictions.

as for places in or around edinburgh, most of your tyre places now have the equipment, however I am sure some Edinburgh folk will advise where is best in your area. :smilewinkgrin:

The Dogfather
14th September 2008, 07:41 PM
Can't help you locate a garage, but there's no problem with fitting normal tyres. You might get the 'less enlightened' fitters telling you they can't fit them, but that's bollocks, just go somewhere else.

Crombers
15th September 2008, 06:33 PM
Its not too long ago you had a masive puncture and had to get the car uplifted (on a MINI run too):hand:

I seem to remember same event cira late 2004/early 2005 :eyes up:.................
back in the days of Bad Dog Mini (it was his run iirc)

"will never go for a non run flat again" quoteth BS :rolleyes:
"stuck in the middle of nowhere with no mobile signal" :p;)

Mind you the Toyo's look the dogs & the wet grip is brill :yes nod:

Gismo
15th September 2008, 07:28 PM
That was BS, now I'm the gismo man :blush::Whistle:

The Dogfather
15th September 2008, 07:42 PM
Yeah, its definitely BS I can smell :D

Big Gordy
16th September 2008, 09:02 AM
Yeah, its definitely BS I can smell :D

Excellent.....lmao:laugh:

Crombers