PDA

View Full Version : Some sad news

AndyP & Lenore
4th September 2008, 10:10 PM
As many of you know recently Lenore and I have been nursing our dog Minstral through old age.

Today we made the very difficult decision to say goodbye.:sad:

Minstral leaves us with 15 years of extremely happy memories; his appetite for Christmas tree lights, preferably when still switched on, his appetite for my Lee Child books, and the love and devotion he has shown Lenore and I since he joined us.:D

Obviously Lenore and I are going through a grieving process. We would prefer to avoid bursting into bubbling tears on the run on Sunday, so we would prefer not to talk about the wee guy if that's OK with everyone on the run. The sight of a 36 year old man howling in distress is not a pretty sight.:hand:

Many of you have been asking after Minstral the past few months, and we would like to thank everyone for thinking of the wee guy.

To say he will be sadly missed is a bit of an understatement.

Oh, how a house can turn very quiet, very quickly.:sad:

A & L.

ianking
4th September 2008, 10:16 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss.

N12 JLK
4th September 2008, 10:34 PM
Really sorry to hear that Andy and Lenore. Kerr will be really upset, he still talks about Minstrel.

Scottie
4th September 2008, 10:46 PM
Gutted for you both.

Thats the trouble with owning pets, animals of any kind , you open yourself up to a lot fun~love ~happiness and heartache.

audrey
4th September 2008, 11:05 PM
So sad reading your post got a dog myself and cant even imagine what the house would be like without him:frown:

Bumble
4th September 2008, 11:12 PM
love to you both - sad news

The Dogfather
5th September 2008, 06:39 AM
Sorry to hear this Andy, however it sounds like he had a good innings, plenty of love and a of course a varied diet.

Can't imagine what it would be like without my pair of hooligans.

Craig
5th September 2008, 07:43 AM
Jude and myself are thinking of you both.... as I said last night, he couldn't have had 2 better parents. :thumbs up:

sad news indeed, he was such a loveable big ball of fluff. :smilewinkgrin:

Gismo
5th September 2008, 08:20 AM
Ditto to what everyone's said :yes nod:

mini saltire
5th September 2008, 08:22 AM
Always a really tough time guys. I know how you feel. Remember all the good times and try and be positive.:thumbs up:

Crombers
5th September 2008, 08:36 AM
Sorry to hear this. Not that this will help much just now but I've been where you are twice before. Very hard thing to do but in the best interests of the dog you really had no choice. Very soon you'll only remember the special happiness that your dog brought to your home.

In the last couple of months Karen & I have been thinking of returning to 'dog land' as her youngest (10) has been asking, pleading, asking, pleading, asking, pleading (you kinda get the drift!!) for a dog.
We have now pretty much said yes so next summer (when the kids are off school & can really 'muck in' with the early days) we hope to add a wee addition to our family home.

Far to early for you to contemplate this at the moment but you never know, you may well venture into 'dog land' again one day ;).

RyanK
5th September 2008, 08:41 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss.

+1, sounds like an awesome dog

Ferengo
5th September 2008, 08:51 AM
Sorry to hear. It happened to me a few years ago with my dog Ben. I know how you feel and my heart goes out to you both.

Fairy
5th September 2008, 08:52 AM
Aww thats really sad news - sorry to hear that

AndyP & Lenore
5th September 2008, 09:11 AM
Hey folks,

Many thanks for your very kind words of sympathy.

Crombers, we're gonna stay dog-free for a good while. As much as we wouldn't swap a single day of the last 15 years for anything, we're looking forward to a few years of having less home-ties and having to make care arrangements for holidays etc.

We still have our cats, but somehow they seem hardier creatures, and you don't feel quite so guilty throwing them into the cattery for a couple of weeks.

Many thanks again.

AndyP

Fairy
5th September 2008, 10:59 AM
Hey folks,

We still have our cats, but somehow they seem hardier creatures, and you don't feel quite so guilty throwing them into the cattery for a couple of weeks.

:eek::eek::eek: Shame on You!!!! :hand: :laugh:

Mini MoJo
5th September 2008, 01:34 PM
Aww that's so sad. I lost my beloved rabbit a month ago and it broke me in two, i cried for days. It's so hard loosing a pet as they become part of your family. I look back at the happy times and the funny things Patch use to do and that's what helped me drive through it.

Eating Christmas tree lights when they are on, that's crazy and it's making me laugh right now! :laugh::D

euan
5th September 2008, 02:17 PM
Yup, sorry to hear that news Andy. All the best to you guys.

Gaz B
5th September 2008, 04:08 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss guys.:sad: I lost my big springer spaniel "max" in january and its not easy. I got a tattoo of a star on my wrist to remind me of him. He was my star when he was with us and he is still a star now.

God bless them.:sad:

Colin
5th September 2008, 05:02 PM
All the best Andy & Lenore, sorry to hear that :frown:

AndyP & Lenore
5th September 2008, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the kind comments guys.

stoney
6th September 2008, 11:51 AM
sorry to here about this :sad:

i know how you feel dont think my dog at my moms and dads will be around much longer :frown: its a real shame but there is no need to make the dog suffer just for are own sake :frown:

AndyP & Lenore
6th September 2008, 12:26 PM
sorry to here about this :sad:

Cheers Rob.