PDA

View Full Version : Your help please....

mini saltire
3rd September 2008, 07:26 PM
Well Folks, for those that know me I like to go fast in my Race Mini. After all thats what cars were invented for...

Anyway my Brother In Law and I have recruited a team of 30 people to RUN the Great North Run in Newcastle in October. It is 13.1 miles long and 50,000 people are taking part. I think this will be first and only time I have entered a race which I know I aint gonna win!!:hand:

We are running for Multiple Sclerosis Leuchie House Respite Centre. It is a local Charity to me in East Lothian and the do amazing work with very heavly disabled people. Their facilities are needing upgraded so every penny will go towards that. If you click on the link http://www.justgiving.com/leuchieleuchie it will explain more there. Remember and start your message DRYDEN so that I can see who sponsors me and I able to thank them. Alan Mercer has led the way guys so please dig deep, I promise to give it my all on the day! The Time I am going for is 1hr 50mins :thud:(This is my first attempt at a half marathon)

Thank you for taking the time to read this and please do not feel obliged to donate.

Gismo
3rd September 2008, 07:50 PM
Good on ya Mark, i made a wee donation to help ease the pain :Whistle:

Scottie
3rd September 2008, 08:45 PM
Done:thumbs up:

Best of luck Mark all for very good cause and close to home one of my brothers has MS although he is house bound now he has great support.

mini saltire
3rd September 2008, 09:13 PM
Great stuff Folks, thanks for the support!!:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

Neil and Lorna
3rd September 2008, 09:43 PM
Also done.:thumbs up:

Neil and Lorna.:D:D

mini saltire
3rd September 2008, 10:23 PM
Thanks Neil and Lorna!!:thumbs up:

Good avice about the blisters... anything for nipple rub and crotch chaff........ OMG why did I sign up for this??!!:smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

Gismo
3rd September 2008, 10:35 PM
Good avice about the blisters... anything for nipple rub and crotch chaff........ OMG why did I sign up for this??!!:smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:I can highly recommend sudacrem for the latter ;)

Neil and Lorna
4th September 2008, 09:49 AM
I think its vaseline for nipple rub.:D

Neil.:thumbs up:

mini saltire
4th September 2008, 10:06 AM
I think its vaseline for nipple rub.:D

Neil.:thumbs up:

Just completed a 7 miler this morning.... ne pas de rubage this time!!:thumbs up: Feels like my calf muscles are ready to explode though...

mini saltire
3rd October 2008, 09:45 AM
Well, I can't believe The Great North Run is this Sunday!!:eek: It seemed so far awy when I agreed to do this. My training has been going well and I am now on the slow down week before the event. I completed a 4 miler last night and I will go for a short walk on Saturday to loosen the joints off.

I would like to thank those who have sponsored me:clap:. My personal amount raised is £590 and still counting.

If you haven't sponsored me and would like to, then please see the first post of this thread. Remember and put my name in the comments so that I can add you to my personal total.

"One day, for no particular reason..... I just started running!!:smilewinkgrin:"

Craig
3rd October 2008, 11:25 AM
Best of luck on Sunday Mark :thumbs up: - donation added (Don't know how I missed this..:eyes up:)

mini saltire
3rd October 2008, 02:51 PM
Thanks Craig, appreciate your support.:thumbs up:

mini saltire
6th October 2008, 09:28 AM
I competed the Great North Run yesterday in a time of 2hrs 10secs. What an atmosphere!! Pure elation in crossing the line. I ran with the 4 others guys who I have trained with and we were well on course to running a very good time but in the last 3 miles one of the guys was really hurting so in true army fashion we slowed our pace and all crossed the line together:thumbs up:. Great team spirit and a lot of money raised for a good cause. Thank you all for your support!!!:cool:

I will post up some pictures when I get a chance.

Gismo
6th October 2008, 09:34 AM
Good on ya Mark :thumbs up: i was hoping for some pain for my money :Whistle:

Craig
6th October 2008, 11:00 AM
Well Done to all on your "Team" Mark.

I was watching on TV for a tall lanky fellow, but I couldn't see you.. :moonie::clap::Whistle:

mini saltire
6th October 2008, 03:50 PM
Good on ya Mark :thumbs up: i was hoping for some pain for my money :Whistle:

Went to collect my son from School and looked like I'd crapped myself... is that any good???

Well Done to all on your "Team" Mark.

I was watching on TV for a tall lanky fellow, but I couldn't see you.. :moonie::clap::Whistle:

Your belly isn't that big that you can't see the telly now is it??:moonie::thud::laugh:;);bigwave:

Big Gordy
7th October 2008, 08:49 AM

Funnily enough so was I:yes nod: Didn't see him either:frown: But there was quite a few people there so we may have missed him:thumbs up:

C.Noble
7th October 2008, 09:08 AM
:clap: Well done Mark... must be the first race this year you have finished without requiring another bonnet!!! :clap:

mini saltire
7th October 2008, 11:39 AM
I did trip up someone though (He had a light blue top on and I just thought it was Ian Milton!!) and there was a bit of elbow to elbow contact as I was coming through the pack. I did feel bad about tripping the guy up but he did just turn left no reason... probably cos I had just kicked away his left foot :blush::frown:

cpearson
8th October 2008, 12:43 PM
well done matey....you should be very proud of yourself. You fancy doing New York Marathon next year ?

c