PDA

View Full Version : Thanks To Saltire Vehicles

Gismo
2nd September 2008, 10:30 PM
Just wanted to thank one of our sponsors, Mark Dryden for a great evening of on track entertainment at Knockhill tonight.
I had great fun whizzing around the track on my almost slick like front tyres :yes nod:

I zeroed my MPG counter and managed to get down to 11mpg for all the sessions :eek: :Whistle:
Top speed on my sat nav trip was 94.9mph :thumbs up:

Some of the other cars that attended, Aston Martin Vantage, V8 M3, M5, Porsche GT3 and Carrera S, Ferrari ??? all looked stunning

Altogether an excellent evening :thumbs up:
Looking forward to the next one :Whistle:

RyanK
2nd September 2008, 10:43 PM
Nice one, did you have the M3 down with you aswell?

Imo its nuts how well the jcw cooper s handles on track

Gismo
2nd September 2008, 10:47 PM
Nice one, did you have the M3 down with you as well?
No, i had the S
Julie wouldn't let me take the M3 :frown:

Craig
3rd September 2008, 07:29 AM
Must also pass my thanks onto Mark for a fantastic night. :thumbs up:

Think that Ferrari Alan was a 575 Maranello... The sound of the Aston, Ferrari and M5 all chasing each other up the straight was AMAZING!!! :cool::cool:

Loved my time on the track, however I must say I had a brown moment going down Duffus, when a nice white GT3 did a pirouette behind me and was catching me whilst spinning. :eek::thud:. He managed to gather it all up and I came back in rather quick after that for a rest. :smilewinkgrin:

Hope to make another one... :yes nod:

ianking
3rd September 2008, 08:38 AM
Wish I had known about this!!!!:argh:

Really want to take the 130 on the track when there are other nice cars there.

Not to keen on taking it to a Nova filled track.

C.Noble
3rd September 2008, 09:00 AM
I zeroed my MPG counter and managed to get down to 11mpg for all the sessions :eek: :Whistle:
Top speed on my sat nav trip was 94.9mph :thumbs up:

11mpg is about right for the wet, but 95mph... what were you towing? my drivers would get a slap for less than the ton! :smilewinkgrin:

Gismo
3rd September 2008, 09:08 AM
11mpg is about right for the wet, but 95mph... what were you towing? my drivers would get a slap for less than the ton! :smilewinkgrin:I was trying honest :blush: just no traction out of the hairpin and red lined every gear to the bridge :moonie: :Whistle: :D
Ooh, just thought, that's the sat nav reading, the speedo would have been more but i was staring out the windows looking for the braking point, so, the speedo would have read higher ;)
Nae slap for me then :Whistle:

C.Noble
3rd September 2008, 10:00 AM
Slap retracted :smilewinkgrin:.

When we used GPS datalogging, the cars were hitting 99mph (wet) and 103mph (dry) on the start/finish straight and 2 mph less on railway, but that was a couple of seasons ago, with the old style wheels and 25kgs more, should be quicker now. :thumbs up:

mini saltire
3rd September 2008, 11:31 AM
It was great to see you guys there and apologies to others who didn't a shout but I was only allocated 5 spaces :sad:.

The 2 Ferraris were a Daytona (red) and a 550 Marenello (blue). Great to see so much exotica flying round the circuit. My wee Mini was great fun and the new wet set up was great Mr Noble :thumbs up:. That should keep me off the top of the tyre walls!

When The GT3 spun down Duffes, I was in behind him and I could physically see Craig frantically preparing his will and his excuse to Mrs Davies about how it all happened in the 'car park'.:moonie::yes nod:

I had the best driving experience on track ever when I was given a shot in Steve Mitchell's Seat Cupra Race Car. OMFG:cool::cool::cool: I can't explain how good it was but for those who saw me shaking with a massive grin afterwards, that would be an indication...

I don't know if this is true but was Craig Noble doing some 'rimming' in the paddock after we finished.... :laugh::laugh:Jesus, I can't take him anywhere!!

Neil and Lorna
3rd September 2008, 09:20 PM
I would also like to thank Mark for last night.:D

Had an absolute ball.:thumbs up:

I must admit the amount of grip in the wet surprised me.:eek:

My stats for the night were, 51 miles covered, MPG 11 same as Alan. The one time i did dare a look at the speedo it was around the 100 mark.

Neil.:thumbs up: