PDA

View Full Version : Roll on 2009 ~ Crossman

Scottie
1st September 2008, 06:49 PM
This will for sure be our next Mini I will still go for Diesel.

I hope they will have other colours from the current choice as I've just about used them all up.;)

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/222888/mini_4x4s_paris_debut.html

Scottie
1st September 2008, 06:52 PM
Oh and I wonder how much the actual car will look like what auto express thinks.:frown::frown:

Scottie
1st September 2008, 07:02 PM
these pictures just have drooling. If only it ended up looking like these pics. I'd buy two.:blush::blush:

http://www.motorauthority.com/wp-content/plugins/iimage-gallery.php?idpost=5984&idg=2&idi=2

I like the wee x5 running boards

AndyP & Lenore
1st September 2008, 07:07 PM
these pictures just have drooling. If only it ended up looking like these pics. I'd buy two.:blush::blush:

http://www.motorauthority.com/wp-content/plugins/iimage-gallery.php?idpost=5984&idg=2&idi=2

I like the wee x5 running boards

I quite like it in these pics. Didn't think much of it on the first link on your first post, but quite like these pics.:D

L

Scottie
1st September 2008, 07:10 PM
I'll be buying one for the AWD but you can bet by the time it reaches the showroom whenever that will be it will look nothing like the pics above.:ragin:

AndyP & Lenore
1st September 2008, 07:12 PM
I'll be buying one for the AWD but you can bet by the time it reaches the showroom whenever that will be it will look nothing like the pics above.:ragin:

I reckon if it looks like the pics on your second link, they could be on to a winner. I could always trade the FL2 in for a diesel one.;):cool:

L

Scottie
1st September 2008, 07:15 PM
yeh just imagine if it was capable of towing my van then I would have just died and gone to heaven.

AndyP & Lenore
1st September 2008, 07:16 PM
yeh just imagine if it was capable of towing my van then I would have just died and gone to heaven.

:laugh::laugh::thumbs up::thumbs up:

illegalhunter
1st September 2008, 07:28 PM
It looks loads better than the clubman

euan
1st September 2008, 07:46 PM
I can't see them releasing it with 4x4, it'll weigh too much and for what benefit? The Mini doesn't need it!

Looks wise, it's better than I thought it would, quite like it actually.

Gismo
1st September 2008, 08:03 PM
Looks a bit like the streetwise :eek: :Whistle:

MINI William
1st September 2008, 08:35 PM
Ohhh no thats horrable :thud:

Craig
1st September 2008, 08:49 PM
if they don't release it with 4x4 then I can't see the point...:confused:

it would just be like a Streetwise or a Polo Dune... :eyes up::frown:

euan
1st September 2008, 09:05 PM
if they don't release it with 4x4 then I can't see the point...:confused:

it would just be like a Streetwise or a Polo Dune... :eyes up::frown:

That's my point - these cars were were released to give the looks without the 4x4 - what's to say Mini wouldn't do the same?

The only one that is made is the Panda with 4x4 and it's hardly mass seller.

stella
1st September 2008, 09:25 PM
i don't like it. a Mini is meant to mini:frown:

but each to their own;)

Scottie
1st September 2008, 09:44 PM
That's my point - these cars were were released to give the looks without the 4x4 - what's to say Mini wouldn't do the same?

The only one that is made is the Panda with 4x4 and it's hardly mass seller.

do mean off roading 4x4 or are we talking AWD 4x4

euan
1st September 2008, 10:42 PM
AWD 4x4 - I can't think of an instance when it's needed on a Mini.

AndyP & Lenore
1st September 2008, 11:28 PM
Time for my input now I'm at a PC.:computer:

The pic in the first Auto Express link is so photochopped it's almost laughable.:laugh:

The pics in the second link left me sporting a semi.:blush: That is a very very very nice looking MINI 4X4.:cool::cool:

Like my better half has said, the FL2 would be traded in a flash for that. Finally, we have a reason to have 3 MINI's on the driveway.:shut up:

A.:D

stoney
2nd September 2008, 08:10 AM
not my cup of tea thats for shure

Fairy
2nd September 2008, 08:37 AM
Oh no no no..that is soooo ugly! :frown:
A Mini is meant to be 'mini'!! That looks swollen and jacked up! As the little dudes on the guiness advert say....Purgh!!!:laugh:

The Dogfather
2nd September 2008, 10:13 AM
If like me you live in a area where snow if a frequent problem this car will be a godsend. Will I buy one, probably, Clubman and Crossman on my driveway :D

euan
2nd September 2008, 10:38 AM
If BMW can build it as a genuine 4x4 capable, off road ability, yes I see the point.

But look at the other 4x4 cars they build - the X5 is a great handling road car for a car of it's size, but it has next to no off road capability. The X3 too (for it's faults) is not a real 4x4. And the X5 is rubbish in snow - I used to use my dad's classic over it in snow (though at least the heater and wipers both worked at the same time in the X5!).

It's a marketing tool, a "lifestyle" car. I'll be quite happy to eat my words if proved wrong, but I cannot see it being a usable 4x4.

eddie 44
2nd September 2008, 12:01 PM
yuk.. :frown:

Big Gordy
2nd September 2008, 01:01 PM
A Mini is meant to be 'mini'!! That looks swollen and jacked up!:laugh:

I'm sorry Fairy but NONE of the new mini's...r50 to r56...are actually very 'mini' in size:frown: There more 'maxi' than 'mini' :hand:

Burple
2nd September 2008, 05:17 PM
It's a marketing tool, a "lifestyle" car. I'll be quite happy to eat my words if proved wrong, but I cannot see it being a usable 4x4.

And if you buy an X6... you're just a tool! lol.

Hideous, pointless car :D

Lets hope they're not turning the Mini into something similar..

Scottie
2nd September 2008, 05:46 PM
And if you buy an X6... you're just a tool! lol.

Hideous, pointless car :D

Lets hope they're not turning the Mini into something similar..
:yawn::yawn::yawn:

Sheilz
2nd September 2008, 09:53 PM
I liked the second pics but its not a MINI. Its just too big. Maybe our cars are way much bigger than the classic but they still look dinky and cute compared to a lot of cars on the road. The Crossman is neither though it isnt ugly either. BMW will ruin the MINIs image with this kind of modelling. A Chelsea Tractor disguised as a MINI - No! No! No!

audrey
3rd September 2008, 12:03 AM
Not sure about this think you would either love it or hate it:frown::frown::frown:

Crombers
3rd September 2008, 08:42 AM
Don't see the problem with this, if it's your thing then fine, buy away. The two door 'MINI' will always be 'the car' whatever viariant BMW decide to create.

Wonder what kind of reaction there was when they created the original Clubman & Minimoke back in the 60's ??

Fairy
3rd September 2008, 08:49 AM
I'm sorry Fairy but NONE of the new mini's...r50 to r56...are actually very 'mini' in size:frown: There more 'maxi' than 'mini' :hand:

I know and thats why I dont like them!!:p Have said this before - I honestly think they just look swollen up and like a bubble car - they have lost their appeal and they should have left well alone and kept the Mini looking like a Mini!!!!
Just my opinion and I know you guys wont agree

Big Gordy
3rd September 2008, 12:47 PM
I know and thats why I dont like them!!:p

I assume you just don't like the R56 version of the new mini :frown: as it would be a bit pointless being on this website if you hated all the new mini's :thud:

Fairy
3rd September 2008, 01:05 PM
I assume you just don't like the R56 version of the new mini :frown: as it would be a bit pointless being on this website if you hated all the new mini's :thud:

Dont like any Minis after the R53 facelift models...sorry but thats just me! :D
Just coz i dont like the look of them doesn't mean I cant enjoy the site :rolleyes:

Big Gordy
3rd September 2008, 01:16 PM
Dont like any Minis after the R53 facelift models...

That's what I thought you meant:thumbs up: Your post just read as if you didn't like ANY of the new mini's...R50/53 included...which I thought was a bit strange seeing as you have an R53:Whistle:
I'm with you on the R56 shape......I'm not keen on it:frown: I think its like someone at BMW has blown it up too far with the air gun......they need to let a few psi oot or its been given too many stanabolic androids:yes nod:

Fairy
3rd September 2008, 02:48 PM
I'm not keen on it:frown: I think its like someone at BMW has blown it up too far with the air gun......they need to let a few psi oot or its been given too many stanabolic androids:yes nod:

hee hee :D:p:laugh:

euan
3rd September 2008, 03:42 PM
I agree with you both, I still have issues with the R56 shape, but now I've seen a fair few amount it's not bad looking, just a bit fat.

It's a bit like fat stig - he's still a stig, just a bit rounder...

Big Gordy
3rd September 2008, 04:18 PM
It's a bit like fat stig - he's still a stig, just a bit rounder...

:laugh: I love that analogy:thumbs up:

s-a-l-t-i-r-e
5th September 2008, 08:37 PM
I'd seriously consider this when i change car in 2010... Being a rep the standard Mini was just too small, the Clubman just makes it as big enough so the Crossman would be fantastic... :thumbs up:

Scottie
7th September 2008, 09:57 AM
I was getting told that the " Xman" will have a running height of 8cm over the
standard cooper and will have permanent Getrag AWD system. All I need now is a BMW diesel engine.

ELFMAN
10th September 2008, 09:06 AM
GRUMPY OLD MAN ALERT!!! GRUMPY OLD MAN ALERT!!! GRUMPY OLD MAN ALERT!!!
Another Marketing Masterpiece from BMW's Makeover Department. Personally I can't wait for the Laurence Lewellen-Bowen 'Edwardian Dandy Countryman' Limited Edition, or even the Jim Bowen 'Double-Top' Darts/Camper Van Combo. It'll be interesting to see just how far BMW can stretch the MINI 'Concept'. Keep making it bigger, heavier, taller - give it 5 years and it'll be an X3 with a MINI badge stuck on it. If you really need a 'proper' 4x4 for weather/road conditions, buy a Land Rover!

This model won't be able to do the 'rough stuff' as well as a genuine 'off-roader' and it won't do the MINI stuff as well as the R50/53 and 56 and it probably won't have that much more capacity than the Clubman - it's for show as much as anything, so if it floats your boat (or should that be 'bloat'?), fine. I remember when the MINI was about handling and performance as much as style - but then I am getting on a bit.... Good to see the 'designer' of the 'Rover 25 Streetwise' has found employment though - and BMW will be able to scoop up the unused palstic 'Streetwise' bolt-ons for a knock-down price from the Chinese. Still, as it retains the MINI family resemblance, I'm sure it'll look nice on the School Run, which is where 90% of them will end up.

Not bad going BMW, it's only taken seven years to take a performance and styling icon and create a vehicle which has neither. In case you're wondering, I won't be buying one - at what will no doubt be a grossly over inflated price - cunningly matching the bodywork.

Big Gordy
10th September 2008, 09:16 AM
You tell em Elf:thumbs up: Are you finished with your:ragin::ragin:

ELFMAN
10th September 2008, 05:29 PM
'It's better out than in'..... in most circumstances, your Honour.

Anyway, I reckon I am the ORIGINAL 'Cross Man'. Putting on weight and not being as capable as I used to be - maybe I should hit BMW with a Copyright Lawsuit. Right, I'm off to my f*%^$n' Anger Management Class, you b@^*$%$%!!!!! I must be alergic to these new 'Ralgex' flavoured Werthers.... s%*t...... (Just read the f*%^$n' label - 'Warning: May cause Tourettes Syndrome' - f*%^$n' typical). @rse!!!!! Honda!!!! .... Volkswagen!!!!

illegalhunter
11th September 2008, 01:47 PM
I wonder what the cost will be like

weefossy
14th September 2008, 09:24 PM
What? do you mean the cost of Elfman's therapy:D
Go Elfman Go:laugh::laugh:

ELFMAN
15th September 2008, 08:13 AM
What? do you mean the cost of Elfman's therapy:D
Go Elfman Go:laugh::laugh:

I don't know - how much is a Stripper and a tin of Swarfega these days? :blush::p

How much will the Crossman be? I don't see it being cheaper than the Clubman, so let's just say 'Bloody Expensive' :eek::Whistle:

weefossy
15th September 2008, 09:02 PM
and the Clubman aint cheap. I reckon that a Works with the same spec as our Clubman, would work out cheaper than what the Clubman cost us. Mainly because so many of the extras we had, are included in the standard package for the Works.