PDA

View Full Version : MINI United 2009: 22 - 24 May

Pages : [1] 2

Craig
28th August 2008, 09:00 PM
50 years of MINI at Silverstone is now less than one WEEK away & the web page has developed somewhat since first launched :

Run Notes (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/run_notes/2009/mini_united_notes.pdf)

MINI United 2009 (http://www.miniunited.com/web/guest/miniunited2009)

Also on Silverstone's Official Site :

Silverstone (http://www.silverstone.co.uk/php/rm_miniUnited.html)

I have spoken to Craig & invited him to adopt the 'advisory position' so that his invaluable experience on such epic run's can be leaned upon :thumbs up:

Shedule

Leaving Bothwell Services @ 07:30hrs

Abington 'non splash & dash' TBA

Pit Stop at Southwaite Services @ 09:00hrs

Lunch at Huntleys of Salmesbury @ 11:00hrs (breakfast menu finishes 11:45am)

Pit Stop at Norton Canes Services (M6 Toll) @ 13:30hrs * Remember £4.50 for the toll*

Arrive Northampton @ 15:30hrs approx, ahead of THE rush hour/s

Current plan is to convoy down on Thurs 21st May getting to Northampton/Silverstone area around 15:30pm for the first overnight stay (heck we might even grab a beer or two). En route we will have the usual pit stops but safe to say we will be popping into Huntley's for some nosebag. For those who have not been before, feast yer eyes HERE (http://www.huntleys.co.uk/). I have also posted on Northern MINI that we are en route down & opened up the invite to join us at Huntley's for some scran or join up with us for the rest of the route.

Friday 22nd May - Go to Show

Sat 23rd May - Go to Show

Sunday 24th - Show again, then long drive home getting back late.
(I will not be part of this as I am going to head off to visit family in Hertfordshire on the Saturday evening, but Stoney has kindly offered to get everyone back up the road safely)

Suggested Hotel is HERE (http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/925/en/hpt/ORMGP/1/pt?ptLink=hd)

If you select the Best Flexible rate, then you can cancel it up until 4pm on the day you arrive, it's only if you select Advance Purchase rate that it is not cancellable. This puts the price up to £222 for the 3 nights. (Still good value IMHO)

Updated names 18/5 - Thus far we have the following peeps booked into hotels or have made alternative travel/accomodation arrangements :

2. Fairy (Hotel Booked - Travelodge Northampton)
4. Grandma & Grandpa (Hotel Booked - Holiday Inn Express Northampton)
5. Neil & Lorna (Hotel Booked - Holiday Inn Express Northampton)
10. Crombers (Hotel Booked - Holiday Inn Express Northampton) Thurs & Fri
11. Stoney & Christine (Hotel Booked - Holiday Inn Express Northampton)
16. Duncan Stewart & Helen (Hotel Booked - Holiday Inn Express Northampton) Fri & Sat
25. Davidson 1 & 2 (Hotel Booked - Travelodge Northampton)
27. V500EMA +1 (Hotel Booked - Holiday Inn Express Northampton)
31. MINIWilliam (Hotel Booked - Holiday Inn Express Northampton)
32. Birdog (aiming to be at Bothwell Services for 07:30 / Hotel Booked - Holiday Inn Express Northampton)

= 10 MINI Convoy

Meeting us down there are :

3. Smitty (local commuter)
7. AndyP & Lenore (International Jet Setters)
13. RyanK (Other H I Express Booked) Fri & Sat

Beer guest is :

23. AeroJonny (not gonna make MINI Utd but might catch up for some grub)

Can the remaining 'one' please indicate their updated intentions re the trip as your name is still listed as an attendee :

21. RaKy07 + 1

Cheers,
Crombers

Smitty
28th August 2008, 09:57 PM
Yes Yes Yes!! :yes nod::cool:

I'm only going to be living 50ish miles from Silverstone so put me down as a definite for this one.

Excellent.....I can continue being a fully fledged NMS member even when down in Englandshire!! :D

weefossy
28th August 2008, 09:58 PM
Craig, I'm in, put us down. Mom liked the idea of going on plane with Jude.:eyes up:

Neil and Lorna
28th August 2008, 10:04 PM
Craig.

Put us down as a definite maybe, usual business terms and conditions may apply.

Cheers.:D

Neil and Lorna.:thumbs up:

Gismo
28th August 2008, 10:08 PM
I'm away, but, i'll have to work something out for this, please put my name down

Craig
28th August 2008, 10:37 PM
Yes Yes Yes!! :yes nod::cool:

I'm only going to be living 50ish miles from Silverstone so put me down as a definite for this one.

Excellent.....I can continue being a fully fledged NMS member even when down in Englandshire!! :D

Craig, I'm in, put us down. Mom liked the idea of going on plane with Jude.:eyes up:

Craig.

Put us down as a definite maybe, usual business terms and conditions may apply.

Cheers.:D

Neil and Lorna.:thumbs up:

I'm away, but, i'll have to work something out for this, please put my name down

Thats you all added. :thumbs up:

Malcolm, I am sure Jude would prefer a "chum" on the plane. She won't get the friday off so will have to fly down on friday evening. :eyes up:

AndyP & Lenore
28th August 2008, 10:39 PM
Put us down please, staff dependant as usual.:D

The Dogfather
28th August 2008, 11:05 PM
Craig, got anymore info, I dare say there will be a few NMers interested as well.

Scottie
28th August 2008, 11:09 PM
Craig, got anymore info, I dare say there will be a few NMers interested as well.

Bumble
29th August 2008, 12:19 AM
I'm a definate plus 1!

MINI William
29th August 2008, 09:15 AM
Can you put us 3 down please :thumbs up:

Craig
29th August 2008, 09:24 AM

Not yet, they only have the date and venue issued at the moment. I have signed up for the newsletter, so will give you more info as I have it. ;)

anyway, what more info do you need than, racing track, 50th anniversary of the MINI and thousands of MINI's/mini's in attendance.... :eyes up::eyes up::Whistle:

Craig
29th August 2008, 09:25 AM
Can you put us 3 down please :thumbs up:

That's you added.... taking the new JCW i presume? :cool::yes nod:

MINI William
29th August 2008, 09:26 AM
9. Brian, Christine & MINI William

Ohhh craig she will kill you for calling her christine:laugh:

Craig
29th August 2008, 09:27 AM
Ohhh craig she will kill you for calling her christine:laugh:

:Whistle::Whistle:

MINI William
29th August 2008, 09:35 AM
That's you added.... taking the new JCW i presume? :cool::yes nod:
I dont no maybe my new one :Whistle::Whistle::smilewinkgrin:

Crombers
29th August 2008, 10:49 AM
I am beginning to envisage a MINI/family gathering.

Stick us both down 'mucker' :thumbs up:

Craig
29th August 2008, 12:04 PM
I am beginning to envisage a MINI/family gathering.

Stick us both down 'mucker' :thumbs up:

thats you added mate. ;)

stoney
29th August 2008, 01:44 PM
stick me and christine down as well

Craig
29th August 2008, 03:39 PM
stick me and christine down as well

sorted :thumbs up:

Burple
29th August 2008, 03:50 PM
Maybe for m please.. I dunno yet, cos I'm planning on going to the IMM / Mini50 celebrations which may all be mixed up into one long crazy weekend. We're planning a reunion of all the old Classic gang from Clan / caledonian days.. I need to find out for sure when this is! :cool::thumbs up::D

Craig
29th August 2008, 10:03 PM
Maybe for m please.. I dunno yet, cos I'm planning on going to the IMM / Mini50 celebrations which may all be mixed up into one long crazy weekend. We're planning a reunion of all the old Classic gang from Clan / caledonian days.. I need to find out for sure when this is! :cool::thumbs up::D

Ok mate - maybe for now. ;)

RyanK
30th August 2008, 03:58 PM
Im a definate, although not too sure on numbers just yet.

Cheers!

Craig
30th August 2008, 06:42 PM
Im a definate, although not too sure on numbers just yet.

Cheers!

Thats you added Ryan - plenty of time for numbers... :thumbs up:

N12 JLK
31st August 2008, 09:50 AM
Put us down for a maybe Craig. Will have to count the pennies, they might be needed for holidays.

Craig
31st August 2008, 12:07 PM
Put us down for a maybe Craig. Will have to count the pennies, they might be needed for holidays.

OK Cool, this will be one of our holidays.... :eyes up::thumbs up:

Colin
31st August 2008, 01:35 PM
Put me down for this one please :D

Scottie
31st August 2008, 06:12 PM
OK Cool, this will be one of our holidays.... :eyes up::thumbs up:
snap I'll be in the convoy with my Mini and Allan well god knows as he will have the van on the back so no doubt up front holding you all up.:thud::laugh:

Duncan Stewart
1st September 2008, 09:04 PM
Sounds great :D Add us please

ajamesj
1st September 2008, 10:39 PM
add us craig

Thanks Andy and Lianne

stella
2nd September 2008, 06:54 PM
please could you put me & grant (ferengo) down as maybe's . ta

hopefully be not down to work that w/e.

Craig
2nd September 2008, 09:19 PM
Put me down for this one please :D

Sounds great :D Add us please

add us craig

Thanks Andy and Lianne

please could you put me & grant (ferengo) down as maybe's . ta

hopefully be not down to work that w/e.

Thanks for your support guys :thumbs up:

thats you all added.

Good turn out already going from Scotland. :cool::cool:

Mini MoJo
3rd September 2008, 12:54 PM
Oooooo this should be fun, can you put me and Stuart down :thumbs up:

Thanks
Mary-Jo

Ainsco
4th September 2008, 01:12 PM

Thanks
Mary-Jo

I CANT WORK THIS MJ! :(

Mini MoJo
5th September 2008, 01:13 PM
I CANT WORK THIS MJ! :( Course you can!

That's my sister (Lauren), i think she wants you to put her name down for this too!

Thanks

Craig
5th September 2008, 01:41 PM

Thanks
Mary-Jo

Thats you name added. :thumbs up:

I CANT WORK THIS MJ! :(

'course you can Lauren - will stick your name down. :cool:

Indy
22nd September 2008, 02:56 PM
Hope to see you there then. :D

RaKy07
24th September 2008, 08:02 AM
Count us in (2 people)

I have booked the Travelodge at Towcester. I paid £1 for cancellation cover so if by extreme chance its not at Silverstone then we can rebook elsewhere :smilewinkgrin:

Craig
24th September 2008, 11:05 AM
Count us in (2 people)

I have booked the Travelodge at Towcester. I paid £1 for cancellation cover so if by extreme chance its not at Silverstone then we can rebook elsewhere :smilewinkgrin:

Cool. Glad to have you on-board. ;)

Gismo
24th September 2008, 11:30 AM
Cool. Glad to have you on-board. ;)Are we meant to be booking hotels now, or is he getting ahead of the game?

RaKy07
24th September 2008, 11:59 AM
I think I'm ahead of the game but if you check out Mini2 people are booking now. Better safe than sorry :thumbs up:

ianking
24th September 2008, 12:19 PM
Yeah put me and Sarah down for this.
Will more than likely have changed the car a couple times before May.

We could get a NMS camping area.

RaKy07
24th September 2008, 12:35 PM
I like the idea of camping but just booked a hotel in case the weather is bad. I am thinking about coming back up north via Ireland and making a bit of a trip out of it so we will have our camping stuff with us if we do this. I can cancel the hotel up to the day before I believe without losing anything so will see if the weather is kind.

Craig
24th September 2008, 01:19 PM
I would say that if you want to guarantee a hotel room I would book it soon as with an estimated 30,000 to 40,000 people expected then the rooms will disappear quick. ;)

As for camping or hotel, that is all up to the individuals... Prob a few folk will be camping so I would just stick together. :thumbs up:

I have still to decide if I am going down on the thurs or fri as I know it starts on the friday, so might want to be down the night before as it will take most of the day to get down there... :yes nod:

RaKy07
24th September 2008, 01:30 PM
Have you booked anywhere Craig?

I think we will drive part the way down on the Thursday evening and maybe stay around Leeds area and then go on from there.

Unless of course there will be a big convoy which would be pretty cool.

MINI William
24th September 2008, 06:18 PM
We will be stayin at a hotel when are we heading down? take it it will be like mothership with a big convoy??

Craig
24th September 2008, 10:41 PM
Ok Guys,

here are my thoughts....

As there is very little info yet from MINI about the schedule for the weekend, I am looking at travelling down all day on the Thurs (just like the Mothership Run). Same kind of schedule, trying to be down for around 5pm. This may change as there may be not a lot on the Fri, so people could save a day holiday and travel down on the Fri. This is all subject to change and remember we don't all have to do the same thing re travel and overnight accomodation, the only thing I would want is for people to commit to a club stand if this is going to be offered. It would be really great to get about 20 Scottish MINI's on a stand :thumbs up:

THIS (http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/925/en/hd/ormgp?crUrl=/h/d/ex/925/en/rc/ormgp/idavr/osbnidavr/DX/false/2?ias=y&rpb=guestInfo&_requestid=1133605) is the hotel I am looking at. I have already booked it for 3 nights (Thur, Fri and Sat). It can be cancelled at a later date for no charge. I find these hotels more comfortable and better quality than Premier Inn or Travelodge. Works out at £170 for the 3 nights and that includes your breakfast. If you only stay Fri and Sat night it is less than £99. That is very cheap as they sleep 2 min and can sleep up to 4. ;)

I would love to do a big convoy down the road, but not everyone will be able to fit in with the plans.

Anyway, let me know if you think I am on the right track or not.

Cheers

Big C - :yes nod:

EDIT: - OK seems they have changed their rules and if you reserve a room, and don't turn up, then you still have to pay...:thud: I will be holding off booking til we have it defo confirmed that it is Silverstone. It will be where I am staying or if it is full by the time I get to booking, I will be staying at the one in Banbury next to the M40 :yes nod:

EDIT 2: - If you select the Best Flexible rate, then you can cancel it up until 4pm on the day you arrive, it's only if you select Advance Purchase rate that it is not cancellable. :Whistle: This puts the price up to £222 for the 3 nights. (Still good value IMHO)

RyanK
24th September 2008, 10:46 PM
Cheers Craig for the info on hotel etc :thumbs up::thumbs up:

I will need to look into it soon, don't want to miss this :frown: The last Mini United held at Zandvoort looked nuts

RaKy07
25th September 2008, 08:20 AM
Cheers Craig.

I will stick with the Travelodge as most places are filling up. I know that Premier Inn is fully booked on at least one of the nights. I'm guessing wherever you stay you will end up in a carpark full of minis :D

Gismo
25th September 2008, 08:32 AM
I'm struggling to attend, my back to back can't change that weekend off for me :eek:

ianking
25th September 2008, 09:08 AM
Craig

Can you add me to the list please as I will be going to this.

Craig
25th September 2008, 11:00 AM
Craig

Can you add me to the list please as I will be going to this.

Thats you added Ian. :thumbs up:

RaKy07
25th September 2008, 01:34 PM
Also Craig, happy to be on a club stand if required. Can I get a window sticker at the Manky meet?

Craig
25th September 2008, 05:58 PM
Also Craig, happy to be on a club stand if required. Can I get a window sticker at the Manky meet?

yeah thats great.

as for the sticker, not a problem - see either myself or Alan (The Gismo Man) :thumbs up:

RaKy07
25th September 2008, 06:46 PM
Thanks Craig.

Is it still £2? We enquired ages ago but I never followed up to the PMs I received :blush:

Craig
25th September 2008, 09:48 PM
Thanks Craig.

Is it still £2? We enquired ages ago but I never followed up to the PMs I received :blush:

now £2.25 per sticker (the boss put the prices up :eyes up:) ;)

Gismo
26th September 2008, 04:22 AM
now £2.25 per sticker (the boss put the prices up :eyes up:) ;)Blame the credit crunch :blush:

AeroJonny
29th September 2008, 05:58 PM
Can you put me down as a definite maybe please Craig, I'll be living down in Oxford as of mid November, so it won't be a massive trek for me ;) the maybe part is because I'm also going to be moving to Phoenix, AZ around may/june 09 and will have exams around that kinda time too...basically it's a long story, I'll explain all next time I see you (more than likely the manky thrash)

Craig
29th September 2008, 06:55 PM
Can you put me down as a definite maybe please Craig, I'll be living down in Oxford as of mid November, so it won't be a massive trek for me ;) the maybe part is because I'm also going to be moving to Phoenix, AZ around may/june 09 and will have exams around that kinda time too...basically it's a long story, I'll explain all next time I see you (more than likely the manky thrash)

No Worries J - thats you added :cool:

AeroJonny
30th September 2008, 02:01 AM
much obliged ;)

AndyP & Lenore
8th October 2008, 07:18 PM
Hotel booked.:thumbs up:

Craig
8th October 2008, 07:33 PM
Hotel booked.:thumbs up:

Well Done.

Guys and Gals, if you do book accomodation or you are going to camp, just let me know. It would be nice to know where everyone is going to be, plus you will know if there is going to be someone you know staying near you :thumbs up:

Neil and Lorna
9th October 2008, 07:34 PM
Craig

Hotel booked at Northhampton flexible rate. :computer: :thumbs up:

Cheers N & L. :D:D

MINI William
9th October 2008, 07:38 PM
Silly q but where is everyone stayin as i dont want 2 b left on my tod

Craig
9th October 2008, 09:44 PM

William,

I have put details of where I have booked on the first post. It is in Northampton about 8 miles from Silverstone... The Pooles (Andy, Neil, Lenore & Lorna) are also staying there... :smilewinkgrin:

TBH, there will be people spread all over the place as some I know are camping and others are staying in hotels. They will fill up fast the nearer you get to the event so I would book even if you are not sure as you can normally cancel even up to the day you arrive (please check terms and conditions tho...;)) If you go for the same Hotel as me, get the flexible rate as this gives you the ability to cancel up to 4pm on the day you arrive. If you select the Advance rate (which is cheaper) you CANNOT cancel your reservation. :frown: You have been warned..

Craig
9th October 2008, 09:44 PM
Craig

Hotel booked at Northhampton flexible rate. :computer: :thumbs up:

Cheers N & L. :D:D

Cheers
:thumbs up:

MINI William
9th October 2008, 09:59 PM
Okdoke ill get booked up either tomorrw or sat.thanks for your help:thumbs up:

Craig
9th October 2008, 10:04 PM
Okdoke ill get booked up either tomorrw or sat.thanks for your help:thumbs up:

nae worries :smilewinkgrin:

wouldn't want the special one to be on his own... :cool:

AeroJonny
10th October 2008, 12:54 AM

If I go, I'll be staying at my house ;)

Craig
10th October 2008, 10:13 AM
If I go, I'll be staying at my house ;)

aaaaaahhhhh... so does that mean the party is at yours then... :Whistle::yes nod::yes nod::yes nod:

markyc
11th October 2008, 09:13 PM
Craig

Sounds like it will be a fantastic trip so Nicola and I will be there :yes nod: :D :clap:

weefossy
12th October 2008, 05:34 PM
Hotel now booked. We appear to have the "advanced payment" method, which I didn't really want. It means we get the 3 nights for £169.85, but we can't cancel. How does that compare price wise with not paying in advance? I didn't find the website very easy to use. Just as well I have a PA at work !!

AndyP & Lenore
12th October 2008, 06:31 PM
Malcolm, for us it was about £220. So you've saved about fifty quid.

A.:D

MINI William
12th October 2008, 06:40 PM
When are people coming back up??the 24th or the 25th

Gismo
12th October 2008, 06:42 PM
I can't make this :frown:
Please remove my name :ragin:

MINI William
12th October 2008, 06:44 PM
Does anyone have a phonenumber to phone up and book a room??

AndyP & Lenore
12th October 2008, 07:23 PM
When are people coming back up??the 24th or the 25th

William, I guess those who are staying for the Sunday events will be coming back up on the Sunday 25th.

Does anyone have a phonenumber to phone up and book a room??

0871 423 4896 Remember and state what hotel you wanna stay at: Express By Holiday Inn NORTHAMPTON M1, JCT.15

A.

AndyP & Lenore
12th October 2008, 07:24 PM
I can't make this :frown:
Please remove my name :ragin:

Alan, Craig is on holiday just now, so I'll do it for you.:eyes up::eyes up::thud:

A.

AndyP & Lenore
12th October 2008, 07:26 PM
Craig

Sounds like it will be a fantastic trip so Nicola and I will be there :yes nod: :D :clap:

Marky, the big fella is on his holipops just now, so I've added your names in.

A.:thumbs up:

Gismo
12th October 2008, 07:47 PM
Alan, Craig is on holiday just now, so I'll do it for you.:eyes up::eyes up::thud:

A.

Marky, the big fella is on his holipops just now, so I've added your names in.

A.:thumbs up:And i put Marky into my slot :rolleyes:

AndyP & Lenore
12th October 2008, 07:51 PM
And i put Marky into my slot :rolleyes:

:moonie::moonie::moonie::moonie:

should've done that in the first place and avoided all this off-topicness. Just cannae get the owners these days.:eyes up:

RaKy07
12th October 2008, 09:02 PM
We'll possibly detour across to Ireland on the way back so we won't be in a return convoy.

Scottie
12th October 2008, 09:34 PM
I'm hoping to camp at the Golf Club but just depends what camp sites opens for the event.:thumbs up: then we will be moving on Monday to over Oxford way.

I wonder how much like Mini 40th it will be.?? cause there were loads of trade stands at the 40th.

Smitty
13th October 2008, 10:55 PM
Craig - you have a PM regarding this rather awesome event!! ;) :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
13th October 2008, 10:59 PM
Craig - you have a PM regarding this rather awesome event!! ;) :thumbs up:

Smitty, Craig is on his holypops just now. Anything I can help with in the mean time?

A.

Smitty
13th October 2008, 11:02 PM
Nothing to urgent Andy - just offering my hand in organizing as I now stay about half an hour from Silverstone! :yes nod:

AndyP & Lenore
13th October 2008, 11:10 PM
Nothing to urgent Andy - just offering my hand in organizing as I now stay about half an hour from Silverstone! :yes nod:

OK Cool. Not sure when he's back. I think it's this weekend, so no doubt he'll be in touch then.

A.:thumbs up:

RyanK
14th October 2008, 11:24 AM
Has it been 100% confirmed that Silverstone is the location?

MINI William
14th October 2008, 11:51 AM
Here goes my stupid question for today :smilewinkgrin:.Are we showing the cars or are we going down to go round the show ??;)

AndyP & Lenore
14th October 2008, 12:15 PM
Here goes my stupid question for today :smilewinkgrin:.Are we showing the cars or are we going down to go round the show ??;)

I think the plan is to show the cars on a club stand, if that can be done. I've never been to one of these shows, so I don't really know the format. But I'm pretty sure the plan is to show the cars. What we're not sure about is if we are able to show the cars and also take them away each night. If we HAVE to camp to show the cars, I suspect there won't be many campers. I think the phrase is "we're too old for this camping sh!t".

Craig is back at the weekend and he may know more, but there's still no details on the MINI United web site.

A.

MINI William
14th October 2008, 12:57 PM
okdoke thats fine.:thumbs up: i hope we can show the cars and take them away as im not a camper :smilewinkgrin:

stoney
14th October 2008, 07:59 PM
I think the plan is to show the cars on a club stand, if that can be done. I've never been to one of these shows, so I don't really know the format. But I'm pretty sure the plan is to show the cars. What we're not sure about is if we are able to show the cars and also take them away each night. If we HAVE to camp to show the cars, I suspect there won't be many campers. I think the phrase is "we're too old for this camping sh!t".

Craig is back at the weekend and he may know more, but there's still no details on the MINI United web site.

A.

well im not to old to camp :thumbs up: so i would be camping :D

AndyP & Lenore
14th October 2008, 08:37 PM
well im not to old to camp :thumbs up: so i would be camping :D

Aye, aye. We all know about your camping tendencies.:laugh::laugh:

(COD4 players will know what I'm talking of.):laugh:

Craig, sorry for the drift :off topic:

Craig
18th October 2008, 03:02 PM
Ok Guys,

just back from hols (still have the flu :eyes up:) and thought I would answer some questions... ;)

Ryan - no confirmation yet from BMW that it is Silverstone, but on all the forums around the world, EVERYONE is booking hotels etc near Silverstone, so someone must have the inside word. I will be emailing Ulrike at BMW this week to see if I can get other info from her.

As for a club stand - I am just guessing (also from info on other forums) as I think there will be club areas... :smilewinkgrin: There wasn't in Holland 2 years ago, but this is 50 years of MINi and also in the UK. :thumbs up:

as AndyP has said, there is still very little information, I have tried to make sure that if anyone is booking a hotel, they make sure it is cancellable (Sorry Malcolm - there must have been a mix up there somehow.. :blush:), this was so that is there was a change to the venue (I really can't see this....) then nobody would loose any money... :smilewinkgrin:

If anyone has any more questions, please let me know and I'll try my best to give you any info/intel I have. :yes nod:

Smitty - got your PM and replied. thanks for the offer. :thumbs up:

Track Ali
21st October 2008, 11:12 PM
Count me in please Craig

Craig
22nd October 2008, 04:25 PM
Count me in please Craig

thats you added Ali ;)

Track Ali
23rd October 2008, 07:37 PM
Do you have any details of the event... will we be able to get on the track do you reckon?

Craig
23rd October 2008, 07:49 PM
Do you have any details of the event... will we be able to get on the track do you reckon?

See 3 posts above.... ^^^^^^^^^^ ;)

as for getting on track .......... they had track time available when in Holland in 2007, so I would think there would be... :thumbs up:

Scottie
25th October 2008, 10:36 PM
I was getting told today that they intend to launch the Monte at Mini United @ Silverstone I was hoping they would choose GoodWood.

weefossy
26th October 2008, 12:00 AM
At mini 30 we did a procession round the track which was slowish but great fun. Was a super day out.
Craig managed after a lot of pressure to get my booking changed to one which I am able to cancel, but it was not easy. So anyone booking on line be careful as it really tries to "force" you down the advanced booking route. Personally I would phone.

Craig
26th October 2008, 09:26 AM
At mini 30 we did a procession round the track which was slowish but great fun. Was a super day out.
Craig managed after a lot of pressure to get my booking changed to one which I am able to cancel, but it was not easy. So anyone booking on line be careful as it really tries to "force" you down the advanced booking route. Personally I would phone.

glad you got that sorted Malcolm. :thumbs up:

Scottie
13th November 2008, 10:24 PM
reading on MINI2 I saw this post about mini united

"According to a contact at MINI Munich the venue still hasn't been decided.
They seem to have certain issues on the selected venues.

He guesses it would be revealed at the latest in January"

Hope they pick/ make their mind up soon.

Craig
13th November 2008, 10:30 PM
yeah, i contacted someone at Oxford who couldn't (or wouldn't) reveal anything, but did say to be patient for a little while as it would come out soon. ;)

it was one of the reasons I asked everyone to book a hotel that was cancellable as there wasn't a definate that it was Silverstone... :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed they get it sorted soon so that people can make definate plans.. ;)

stoney
13th November 2008, 11:23 PM
what hotel are peps booking ??? just so we can book neer if not the same place

AndyP & Lenore
14th November 2008, 12:42 AM
Rob, this is the suggested hotel. (http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/925/en/hpt/ORMGP/1/pt?ptLink=hd) Just make sure you book the fully flexible rate, otherwise you won't be able to cancel/amend if the venue or dates change.

A.

Davidson2
15th November 2008, 11:29 PM
Hello Folks!
We are not dead and gone... Just Married!

Defo for Me & Claire and to save an argument about which Mini to bring (I'd loose... Im Married) we are bringing both Mini's & 3 childlings.

Will keep up to date on the site and hope to see you all in the New Year. Will post when hotel is booked, prob after Christmas...

Craig
15th November 2008, 11:34 PM
Hello Folks!
We are not dead and gone... Just Married!

Defo for Me & Claire and to save an argument about which Mini to bring (I'd loose... Im Married) we are bringing both Mini's & 3 childlings.

Will keep up to date on the site and hope to see you all in the New Year. Will post when hotel is booked, prob after Christmas...

Good to hear from you Davidson. :thumbs up:

will put you down for 2 cars. :thumbs up:

Davidson2
16th November 2008, 12:25 AM
Good to hear from you Davidson. :thumbs up:

will put you down for 2 cars. :thumbs up:

Booked the flexible Travelodge 7 miles up the road. Can change if necessary.

Thanks Craig!

V500EMA
16th November 2008, 12:57 PM
Sound amazing- can you pretty please put me down as a definate plus one :D

Craig
16th November 2008, 02:06 PM
Sound amazing- can you pretty please put me down as a definate plus one :D

Thats you added Emma - yeah should be a great weekend. :thumbs up:

weefossy
16th November 2008, 11:56 PM
:off topic: Know it's off topic but congrats D2 and Claire,
all the best from the wefossies:off topic: :off topic:

Davidson2
19th November 2008, 12:15 AM
:off topic: Know it's off topic but congrats D2 and Claire,
all the best from the wefossies:off topic: :off topic:

:clap:Thank you Grand parents! :clap:
P.S; The clapping hands DO NOT represent 'The Clap!'

ELFMAN
22nd November 2008, 11:00 PM
Craig, I've been really dozy!!! Get the ELFMAN down for this - 2009 wouldn't be worthwhile without our annual mad run down south! My congratulations to the D2's.... too.

Crombers
23rd November 2008, 10:22 AM
Get the ELFMAN down for this - 2009 wouldn't be worthwhile without our annual mad run down south!

'Yeay' :D that's ma 'Wingman' on board :thumbs up:

Craig
23rd November 2008, 11:04 AM
Craig, I've been really dozy!!! Get the ELFMAN down for this - 2009 wouldn't be worthwhile without our annual mad run down south! My congratulations to the D2's.... too.

Nae worries Sir, great to have you on-board. Looks like we could have our biggest convoy down south ever... "Rubber Duck Rubber Duck" :smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

Crombers
23rd November 2008, 11:17 AM
Looks like we could have our biggest convoy down south ever... "Rubber Duck Rubber Duck" :smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

Just as long as we don't
"Crash the gate doin 98"

Let those MINI's roll :thumbs up:

stoney
24th November 2008, 10:16 AM
thats are hotel booked :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Craig
24th November 2008, 05:44 PM
thats are hotel booked :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Rob, can you tell me what hotel it was - just so I can keep a track of folks. ;)

ta

euan
24th November 2008, 06:26 PM
Can you put me down as a maybe? If it's Silverstone I may well pop along as its not far away from us (took 40 minutes to get there last time) but my cousin is getting married about then but hasn't confirmed her date, so I'll have to be a possible!

Won't need a hotel, I'll go home ;-)

Craig
24th November 2008, 06:33 PM
Can you put me down as a maybe? If it's Silverstone I may well pop along as its not far away from us (took 40 minutes to get there last time) but my cousin is getting married about then but hasn't confirmed her date, so I'll have to be a possible!

Won't need a hotel, I'll go home ;-)

No worries Euan - thats you added. :thumbs up:

stoney
25th November 2008, 09:19 AM
one that is on front page just off m1 same as you i think :thumbs up:

Rob, can you tell me what hotel it was - just so I can keep a track of folks. ;)

ta

GP BILLY
25th November 2008, 11:37 AM
I am sure this is the THISTLE RUN weekend:argh::argh::argh:

Has any body got a phone number for the organiser of MINI 50:confused:

I will give them a call and get them to reschedule it :thumbs up::thumbs up:

ELFMAN
25th November 2008, 09:35 PM
Craig, that's 3 nights in the hotel then, Thurs/Fri/Sat 21/22/23 May. Just to be sure before I book it! (It's another 'Werthers Moment' for the ELFMAN....)

Craig
25th November 2008, 09:40 PM
Craig, that's 3 nights in the hotel then, Thurs/Fri/Sat 21/22/23 May. Just to be sure before I book it! (It's another 'Werthers Moment' for the ELFMAN....)

yeah, that is the plan sir, at the moment anyway... remember to book so that you can cancel. Best Flexible I think if using the Holiday Inn Express noted on the first page... ;)

The reason I mention about the ability to cancel is that Silverstone is still not confirmed as the venue and we may need to move to another hotel. :rolleyes::yes nod:

Scottie
25th November 2008, 10:55 PM
I am sure this is the THISTLE RUN weekend:argh::argh::argh:

Has any body got a phone number for the organiser of MINI 50:confused:

I will give them a call and get them to reschedule it :thumbs up::thumbs up:

that's a shame.:sad:

AndyP & Lenore
25th November 2008, 11:41 PM
Mini Clan's Thistle Run is always the last Sunday in May though. Right? This is the weekend before though.

A.:confused:

Craig
25th November 2008, 11:43 PM
Mini Clan's Thistle Run is always the last Sunday in May though. Right? This is the weekend before though.

A.:confused:

thats what I thought, but next year it is actually this weekend, so it will be the first Thistle Run I have missed since 2004 :frown:

Gismo
25th November 2008, 11:51 PM
I can't believe that the clan would have the Thistle run on the same weekend as the 50th mini party :eek:

AndyP & Lenore
25th November 2008, 11:55 PM
thats what I thought, but next year it is actually this weekend, so it will be the first Thistle Run I have missed since 2004 :frown:

I can't believe that the clan would have the Thistle run on the same weekend as the 50th mini party :eek:

WTF?!?!? That is nuts. Surely some sense needs banged into the Clan's heeds.:confused:

A.:sad:

Gismo
26th November 2008, 12:14 AM
WTF?!?!? That is nuts. Surely some sense needs banged into the Clan's heeds.:confused:

A.:sad:I've asked the question on the clan site

Edit: From the Clan site:-
The Thistle Run is held on the Sunday before the Monday holiday in May and you should be getting ready for the next one on the 24th May 2009, where the Mini Clan will also be celebrating Mini 50!

And another edit:-
They are celebrating it, not attending, hmm, nae sure that's the best thing for attendance purposes

Scottie
26th November 2008, 12:56 AM
who cares if the Thistle Run is on I would rather go to Mini United.
:p:Whistle::Whistle:

AndyP & Lenore
26th November 2008, 09:39 AM
who cares if the Thistle Run is on I would rather go to Mini United.
:p:Whistle::Whistle:

Why can't we do BOTH?:confused::yes nod: Of course, we can't because of the date clash, and I'm with you Fi, MINI united wins. And I suspect this will be the quietest Thistle run ever for the clan. Up to them though.:moonie:

Crombers
26th November 2008, 11:52 AM
That's me booked (best flexible) for the Thu & Fri evenings :thumbs up: (no Sat as I will be making my way over to my sisters for the rest of the weekend).

Can you also please remove Karen for the list because as she loves NMS runs, a full 'long' weekend looking at MINI's is in her words "a bit too much" ;) :D

Craig
26th November 2008, 06:21 PM
That's me booked (best flexible) for the Thu & Fri evenings :thumbs up: (no Sat as I will be making my way over to my sisters for the rest of the weekend).

Can you also please remove Karen for the list because as she loves NMS runs, a full 'long' weekend looking at MINI's is in her words "a bit too much" ;) :D

Done :thumbs up:

ELFMAN
27th November 2008, 10:01 PM
yeah, that is the plan sir, at the moment anyway... remember to book so that you can cancel. Best Flexible I think if using the Holiday Inn Express noted on the first page... ;)

The reason I mention about the ability to cancel is that Silverstone is still not confirmed as the venue and we may need to move to another hotel. :rolleyes::yes nod:

Cheers Craig, will give them a call tomorrow:thumbs up:

Craig
9th December 2008, 09:28 PM
Well, it is now official - It's SILVERSTONE !!! :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

If you want a hotel room anywhere near, I would book it asap as this info is now worldwide and others will be wanting the same rooms. ;)

more info on MINI United 2009, HERE (http://www.miniunited.com/web/guest/miniunited2009) :thumbs up:

Smitty
9th December 2008, 10:24 PM
Well, it is now official - It's SILVERSTONE !!! :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

If you want a hotel room anywhere near, I would book it asap as this info is now worldwide and others will be wanting the same rooms. ;)

more info on MINI United 2009, HERE (http://www.miniunited.com/web/guest/miniunited2009) :thumbs up:

This is going to be awesome! Booked the Friday as a holiday already!

May also have to take the Thursday for getting the car squeky clean and up to scratch!! :D

ELFMAN
9th December 2008, 11:27 PM
Hotel Booked! Now I have to sort out my trip to LOHEN in the new year....

RyanK
9th December 2008, 11:37 PM
To Go or not to go?!? ARGH :ragin:can't make my mind up

Want to go but not sure if i want to go for the 3 days. Chucking the 3 days out the window I then have the dilemna of which day is best to go lol. :thud:

thoughts?

Scottie
9th December 2008, 11:47 PM
I've had my trip planned for a good while now. Recently we chose to hire a winnebago (dreaming) motorhome for our holiday and this weekend. planning on camping at silverstone so when we are fed up or need the loo than we have no problems;).

Also for anyone interested you can buy your weekend ticket online cost per ticket is £35. not sure what the cost is if you are only attending for the one day.

I've bought my tickets already.

Also anyone else camping here is the place to stay http://www.whittlebury.com/index.php?pag=cms&id=240&p=camping.html

if there is anyone camping then we will all be put together as long as we enter the newminiscotland on our entry/booking form. I just hope they take motorhomes will need to phone and check.

The Dogfather
9th December 2008, 11:56 PM
£70 a night for camping, WTF!

Scottie
9th December 2008, 11:59 PM
£70 a night for camping, WTF!

read the form again its for the whole weekend leaving on the monday.:frown:s

you should see some caravan site prices:frown:

Davidson2
18th December 2008, 12:13 AM
Just a point Ladies & Gents, we are staying at the Travelodge Northampton - Upton Way Hotel, £118 for four nights and they still have rooms available... Its only £48 more than camping and if the British weather is its usual, we have heat & a good nights sleep, showers, flushing toilets... etc...

Ive been here before and its about 7 mins from Silverstone... Unless there is an endless Mini Traffic Jam that is!!!

N12 JLK
18th December 2008, 07:57 PM
Craig, should probably let you know that we will not make it. We will be saving our Canadian dollars for our holidays. :thumbs up:

Lesley

ianking
18th December 2008, 08:32 PM
Just an update to say that I intend on staying at my Aunts house at Henley on thames. Its 50 miles from Silverstone but its free, she is a great cook and they have a huge garage with great car cleaning facilities. :D

AndyP & Lenore
18th December 2008, 08:44 PM
Just an update to say that I intend on staying at my Aunts house at Henley on thames. Its 50 miles from Silverstone but its free, she is a great cook and they have a huge garage with great car cleaning facilities. :D

Hmmmmmm.:confused:

<<<Gets calculator out.

50 miles X 3 days X 2 trips a day = 300 miles. If you are in your 130i Msport, you'd be cheaper in a hotel.:eek: But then, I suppose you'd need to get your Aunt to go and cook at the hotel for 3 days. OK, scrub that. Spare rooms for about 45 folk?:eek::laugh:

ianking
18th December 2008, 08:47 PM
Well she does have a big house, it even has a heli pad in the back garden but I dont think she could put 45 folk up ;).

If all goes to plan early-ish next year then I wont be driving a gas guzzling 130i.
I will be taking a MINI to MINI United. :D

Scottie
18th December 2008, 08:48 PM

Been to Henley on thames a few times, they have a great teddy bear shop there.

ianking
18th December 2008, 08:58 PM
My Aunt lives just outside Henley at a place called Fawley.

Crombers
18th December 2008, 09:07 PM
Well she does have a big house, it even has a heli pad in the back garden

What's the ground control frequency for this place, thinking of taking my 'copter' down :D

Neil and Lorna
18th December 2008, 10:35 PM
My Aunt lives just outside Henley at a place called Fawley.

Lorna and myself have been to Henley a few times:D:D lovely place

Crombers
18th December 2008, 11:41 PM
Actually know the place well myself, my Aunt & Uncle used to live in Shiplake (Upper) :smilewinkgrin:

SAZ_8929
31st December 2008, 08:01 PM
I know its a bit late to ask, but if there is a space left could you put me plus 1 down for this.

Thanks much

:D

Craig
1st January 2009, 12:01 PM
I know its a bit late to ask, but if there is a space left could you put me plus 1 down for this.

Thanks much

:D

no worries sarah, thats you added. :thumbs up:

SAZ_8929
1st January 2009, 12:13 PM
Yasss :D

now just need to get the time off work

stoney
1st January 2009, 12:29 PM
are we going to try for space inside silverstone i see they are going to be doing that its at the bottom of the news leter

john
1st January 2009, 12:32 PM
Can you add my name to the list please:thumbs up:

MrMischief
1st January 2009, 01:55 PM
Awwwwwww, I'd loved to have gone to this but I doubt there's any way of us making it as the little 'uns due May 5th :D

I knew we should've been more careful :argh::hand::smilewinkgrin:

Craig
2nd January 2009, 12:38 PM
are we going to try for space inside silverstone i see they are going to be doing that its at the bottom of the news leter

thats really up to the individuals... to get inside the circuit you would have to get up VERY early every morning to get there, cos once it is full, then your going to be directed to the main car parks... ;)

Craig
2nd January 2009, 12:38 PM
Can you add my name to the list please:thumbs up:

thats you added :thumbs up:

stoney
3rd January 2009, 02:16 AM
thats really up to the individuals... to get inside the circuit you would have to get up VERY early every morning to get there, cos once it is full, then your going to be directed to the main car parks... ;)

just be levin that one then ;)

ELFMAN
4th January 2009, 08:16 PM
Sorry if I've missed this somewhere, but what's the best thing to do Re. Tickets for entry to the event itself? Hotel's booked, but haven't done anything about actually being able to get into Silverstone on the day(s)!:smilewinkgrin:

Craig
5th January 2009, 12:02 PM
Sorry if I've missed this somewhere, but what's the best thing to do Re. Tickets for entry to the event itself? Hotel's booked, but haven't done anything about actually being able to get into Silverstone on the day(s)!:smilewinkgrin:

Best idea is to order them on-line ahead of time so that you don't have to wait in a big q to buy them on the day..... I am reliably informed that they won't sell out so you can buy them anytime between now and May. :thumbs up:

Crombers
5th January 2009, 12:37 PM
Any thoughts on T-Shirts for this gig ?

Idea : Same colour & front as the Mothership ones with the MINI UTD details on yer back. Would this keep costs down ?

Craig
5th January 2009, 12:47 PM
Any thoughts on T-Shirts for this gig ?

Idea : Same colour & front as the Mothership ones with the MINI UTD details on yer back. Would this keep costs down ?

we could use blue crags and get some stitching on polo shirts/shirts etc... ;)

ELFMAN
5th January 2009, 07:38 PM
Best idea is to order them on-line ahead of time so that you don't have to wait in a big q to buy them on the day..... I am reliably informed that they won't sell out so you can buy them anytime between now and May. :thumbs up:

Cheers Craig' I'll get organised ASAP :rolleyes:;). I take it there's a dedicated Mini United Site? Or have I missed that too?:argh::frown:

Craig
5th January 2009, 07:47 PM
Cheers Craig' I'll get organised ASAP :rolleyes:;). I take it there's a dedicated Mini United Site? Or have I missed that too?:argh::frown:

yeah, easy to remember, www.miniunited.com (http://www.miniunited.com) :thumbs up:

SAZ_8929
6th January 2009, 08:28 PM
Got the time off work :smilewinkgrin: so defo going.

Booked the Express Holiday Inn at Northampton from the thur to sat.

Dont know if this has been asked, but are we going to have a club stand at the show or just visiting it?

stoney
6th January 2009, 08:30 PM

just be levin that one then ;)

here you go saz ;)

SAZ_8929
6th January 2009, 08:34 PM
Oh, take that as a no then

:sad:

Scottie
9th January 2009, 07:26 PM
I've got the time of from work:thumbs up:

I've got my tickets bought:thumbs up:

I've got my Motorhome Hired:thumbs up:

Now today I decide to look over the mini united site and
notice that NO PETS ARE ALLOWED:argh::argh::argh:

I now need to find out if thats just in to the event itself ( I wouldn;t be taking my dogs in anyway)

BUT I need to find out if your allowed to leave the dogs in the vehicle (your not allowed to leave them in the motor at Goodwood)

If no dogs allowed to be left in the motor then I will not be going.:ragin::ragin: as I won't put my dogs in to a kennel.:blush:

Craig
18th January 2009, 06:49 PM
Ok guys, just a wee update on the hotel situation. The one I suggested now seems to be fully booked. :yes nod::yes nod: so just have a look around for another one nearby.. :thumbs up:

Craig
18th January 2009, 06:54 PM
Oh, take that as a no then

:sad:

the situation is that they have not said that there is any space or area for club stands, there is also no info to say that they will allow us or any other MINI group to have one.

this may change in the run up to the event, but I wouldn't count on it as they haven't had them at the last 2 MINI United.

Crombers
19th January 2009, 09:16 AM
the situation is that they have not said that there is any space or area for club stands, there is also no info to say that they will allow us or any other MINI group to have one.

this may change in the run up to the event, but I wouldn't count on it as they haven't had them at the last 2 MINI United.

I was kinda hoping that the event will have so much going on that none of us would be wanting to hang around a club stand anyway.

RyanK
30th January 2009, 12:00 AM
Craig im almost a definate now. Wondering if there will be a variety of things to do in the show itself. Most car shows you walk round and see everything in a couple of hours, do you have any idea if Mini United will be the same? Hoping to ideally spend all day at the show & then go out to the party at night.

If I am going I will be travelling down on the Friday night, then staying at suggested hotel for Fri night & Sat night...then home on Sun.

Cheers

ELFMAN
30th January 2009, 09:28 AM
I'm STILL having a problem ordering my ticket from the MINI website, having had a few goes. Don't know whether it's me being a numpty, my computer, or just a rubbish website. I don't even know how much they are yet.

Could a kind soul help me out here? Even if someone could get me a ticket, I'll send the dosh immediately. I don't want to be stuck in the 'Get Your Ticket Here' queue while all my NMS chums wheech in the 'Pre-Paid' entrance! TA.

stoney
30th January 2009, 03:25 PM
I'm STILL having a problem ordering my ticket from the MINI website, having had a few goes. Don't know whether it's me being a numpty, my computer, or just a rubbish website. I don't even know how much they are yet.

Could a kind soul help me out here? Even if someone could get me a ticket, I'll send the dosh immediately. I don't want to be stuck in the 'Get Your Ticket Here' queue while all my NMS chums wheech in the 'Pre-Paid' entrance! TA.

done elf man got mine christines and yours :thumbs up: we still have to pick them up at the show but in a diffrent place :thumbs up: stoney

ELFMAN
30th January 2009, 03:35 PM
Cheers Rob, message received and understood! Thanx a lot for the help. You get a better class of Petrolhead in NMS!

Duncan Stewart
1st February 2009, 10:09 PM
Got ourselves sorted for this now. Can only get Friday off work so will be driving down Friday, staying Holiday Inn Express Northampton (booked) Fri & Sat night. Show tickets bought - will be there Sat & Sun
Looking forward to it :D

weefossy
2nd February 2009, 08:20 PM
Fiona re your previous post, I have a friend that does "pet sitting" at resonable prices. I would trust her to look after Sioban :smilewinkgrin: and I'm sure I could get you a good deal!!

RyanK
3rd February 2009, 12:05 AM
Im all booked up. Travelling down on the Friday Afternoon arriving late, attending the show on the Saturday and Sunday then long drive home like you lot.

Unfortunately couldn't get a room in the hotel that everyone is going to, but got a room at this one http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/925/en/hotel/ormuk , only 17 miles from silverstone so its all good. Annoying though as the suggested hotel in 1st post had rooms yesterday night, went on tonight to book it and there were none what so ever :ragin:

ELFMAN
3rd February 2009, 10:30 PM
Fiona re your previous post, I have a friend that does "pet sitting" at resonable prices. I would trust her to look after Sioban :smilewinkgrin: and I'm sure I could get you a good deal!!

Malcolm, what hospital :argh::ragin:are you in and we'll send some grapes...:smilewinkgrin:

Crombers
4th February 2009, 09:04 AM
Malcolm, what hospital :argh::ragin:are you in and we'll send some grapes...:smilewinkgrin:

He's gonna be in for a while, I reckon whip round might be needed ;)

SAZ_8929
9th February 2009, 08:59 PM
just to let yous know im now going on holiday and wont be able to make the show :frown:

got a pair of tickets if anyone wants them???

Craig
9th February 2009, 09:21 PM
just to let yous know im now going on holiday and wont be able to make the show :frown:

got a pair of tickets if anyone wants them???

Ok Sarah, I have taken you off the list. Mind and cancel your hotel room ;)

I am sure someone will take the tickets off your hands. :thumbs up:

SAZ_8929
9th February 2009, 09:23 PM
Thanks Craig :thumbs up:

ianking
23rd February 2009, 12:23 PM
Im not going to be able to make this.
I didnt realise that the show on Sunday clashes with the start of Penicuiks festival week and being a committee member I need to be there.

Mini MoJo
23rd February 2009, 01:38 PM
I'm not going to make this either, got my cousins wedding in Lancashire on the Saturday. Please can you take me, Stuart, Lauren and Kev off the list - thanks

Craig
23rd February 2009, 06:31 PM
Im not going to be able to make this.
I didnt realise that the show on Sunday clashes with the start of Penicuiks festival week and being a committee member I need to be there.

I'm not going to make this either, got my cousins wedding in Lancashire on the Saturday. Please can you take me, Stuart, Lauren and Kev off the list - thanks

thats you taken off the list. ;)

Fairy
4th March 2009, 10:31 AM
Hi All :D

Booked the Travlodge Northampton Upton way ;)
Wooooopeeeeeee! Me and my man managed to get time off work... Travelling down on the Thursday, attending the show on the Friday & Saturday and then on Sunday heading across to North Wales for a week :thumbs up: Cant wait!!
Can you please add us :thumbs up:

SAZ - Do you still have the 2 tickets for the show?

Cheers
Fay

Scottie
4th March 2009, 11:43 PM
can you take my name of the list as dogs are not allowed to stay in the vehicles in the car park.:argh::argh: and are not allowed to go in to the event. oh well the pleasure of having dogs and not willing to put them into a kennel.

Craig
5th March 2009, 08:56 AM
Hi All :D

Booked the Travlodge Northampton Upton way ;)
Wooooopeeeeeee! Me and my man managed to get time off work... Travelling down on the Thursday, attending the show on the Friday & Saturday and then on Sunday heading across to North Wales for a week :thumbs up: Cant wait!!
Can you please add us :thumbs up:

SAZ - Do you still have the 2 tickets for the show?

Cheers
Fay

thats you added Fay :thumbs up:

can you take my name of the list as dogs are not allowed to stay in the vehicles in the car park.:argh::argh: and are not allowed to go in to the event. oh well the pleasure of having dogs and not willing to put them into a kennel.

Sorry to hear that Fi... :sad:

Gismo
5th March 2009, 08:58 AM
Craig, my rota isn't gonna change, so, no way i'll make it :sad:

Craig
5th March 2009, 09:07 AM

Ok Alan - no probs. ;)

Ivano
7th March 2009, 07:17 PM

Your car would probably have been the quickest MINI in attendance aswell... :thumbs up:

GP BILLY
13th March 2009, 03:58 PM

Always the Thistle Run:thumbs up::thumbs up:

Scottie
13th March 2009, 07:44 PM
Always the Thistle Run:thumbs up::thumbs up:

yeh me the only NMS member attending I'd have nobody to talk to, I dinnae think so.:smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

gpmick
16th March 2009, 10:03 PM
Any GP owners from this club going to MINI United?

Would you like to join the GP UK Owners Club in the infield area along with 28 other GP owners:thumbs up:

Let me know what days you will be attending Ill add you to the list

N12 JLK
17th March 2009, 09:59 PM
yeh me the only NMS member attending I'd have nobody to talk to, I dinnae think so.:smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

We plan to attend this year. Also dog sitting dependant now also mind you.

Gismo
2nd April 2009, 01:42 PM
For those attending this you are in for a treat if you like Paul Weller, he is apparently singing at the event

gpmick
2nd April 2009, 03:49 PM
Another thing about the GP display is I need 50 GPs to go on Silverstone track at 6 pm on Saturday
Put another thread on here so if you own a GP let me know if you want to join us

Crombers
9th April 2009, 06:07 PM
6 weeks to go :hand:

Huntley's anyone :thumbs up:

john
12th April 2009, 11:18 PM
I have not been reading this thread but will go do it now:thumbs up:

I have booked the Hotel though:beer:

Fairy
22nd April 2009, 08:57 AM
:D 4 weeks to go - eek!
Any1 else getting excited?! Got my tickets n time off work booked- roll on 22 May!!:D

Crombers
22nd April 2009, 12:45 PM
:D 4 weeks to go - eek!
Any1 else getting excited?! Got my tickets n time off work booked- roll on 22 May!!:D

I'm well up for our 'wee' trip but it has gone very quiet on this one for a while now :confused:

gpmick
22nd April 2009, 12:49 PM
My GP Display is getting very busy so any Scottish GP owners who want to join me Get your names down

Parking for 28 GPs infield and parade lap on Saturday for 50 GPs

Come on guys and gals :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Craig
22nd April 2009, 12:54 PM
yeah, it has been quite quiet, but thats probably my fault.. :rolleyes:

I have several issues now with going to MINI United. I have to attend a meeting in central london on the 21st May now. :argh:, plus cash is mega tight at the mo and realised the other week that my tax is also due at the end of may.

This coupled with jude's mum's health getting worse and myself having various issues with my parents health, just mean it is too much hassle. I did look into the costs of flying down on the friday evening and getting a lift back up the road, but the costs were still going to be too much.., plus either sets of parents seem to need some sort of care every few days... :rolleyes:

anyway, the short answer is that I cannot go anymore and I would be grateful if someone else could take the lead on this. Not really much to sort out as the route is self explanitory and most people are split up in different hotels. The route will be much the same as the previous Oxford Runs. :thumbs up:

Anyway, I wish everyone a great weekend and I will be thinking of you all (especially when I am done up like a kipper in a suit 'n tie when you guys are convoying down the M6:ragin:):sad:

Craig :frown:

AndyP & Lenore
22nd April 2009, 04:15 PM
Craig, as I've said before when we were discussing this issue... Our own trip to MINI United is subject to staff availability. TBH, we've never left the business to staff for 4 days on the trot like this before and it scares the bejeesus out of me. So if I'm not totally happy that they can/will cope over a busy weekend, our own trip to MINI United is in doubt.

Otherwise, I'd happily offer to lead the convoy and take over the thread etc. But it would be daft for me to do it and then to have to pull out at the last minute, leaving everyone in limbo.:frown:

A.

Crombers
22nd April 2009, 06:30 PM
Ahem, okay dokey folks :sad:

Thus far we have the following peeps booked into hotels :

3. Smitty (commuting)
5. Neil & Lorna (Maybe) (Hotel Booked - Holiday Inn Express Northampton)
7. AndyP & Lenore (Maybe) (Hotel Booked - Holiday Inn Express Northampton)
16. Duncan Stewart & Helen (Hotel Booked - Holiday Inn Express Northampton) Fri & Sat
31. John (Hotel Booked - Holiday Inn Express Northampton)

25. Davidson 1 (Travelodge)
26. Davidson 2 (Travelodge)

Can the remaining folks please indicate their updated intentions to the trip as your names are still listed as attendees :

8. Bumble +1
9. Brian, Christina & MINI William
12. Burple (Maybe)
14. N12JLK (Maybe)
15. CCM
17. Ajamesj & Lianne
18. Ferengo (Grant) & Stella
21. RaKy07 + 1
23. AeroJonny (Maybe)
24. The Penguin Pusher (Ali)
28. Elfman
29. Euan (Maybe)

I suppose those who are no longer able to attend or are on the verge of pulling out can go & enjoy the Thistle run now.

I know too well that we can't all attend all of the things on NMS but I really look forward to the banter that the 'big' runs generate, en route, at the hotels and at the events & hope that we don't have too many more 'pull outs'.

MINI 50 - C'mon this is a one off & it's gonna be special

MINI William
22nd April 2009, 07:42 PM
Ahem, okay dokey folks :sad:

Thus far we have the following peeps booked into hotels :

31. John (Hotel Booked)

Can the remaining folks please indicate their updated intentions to the trip. Your names are still listed :

3. Smitty
8. Bumble +1
9. Brian, Christina & MINI William
12. Burple (Maybe)
14. N12JLK (Maybe)
15. CCM
17. Ajamesj & Lianne
18. Ferengo (Grant) & Stella
21. RaKy07 + 1
23. AeroJonny (Maybe)
27. V500EMA +1
28. Elfman
29. Euan (Maybe)

I suppose those who are no longer able to attend or are on the verge of pulling out can go & enjoy the Thistle run now.

I know too well that we can't all attend all of the things on NMS but I really look forward to the banter that the 'big' runs generate, en route, at the hotels and at the events & hope that we don't have too many more 'pull outs'. If we do then I'm off to stay with my sis & family for a few nights cos I'm still gonna go :yes nod:

Sorry Crombers can you take us off as well please

Colin
22nd April 2009, 08:45 PM
Cant afford the trip unfortunately, my new house is eating all my money at the mo :frown:

Smitty
22nd April 2009, 09:13 PM
I'm still in Crombers :D

Being in Leamington, i'm just 2 minutes of the M40 which you'll take from the M6/M42 down to Northampton & Silverstone.

I still need to book actually MINI united tickets but was holding off to see if we were defo going or not.

In terms of hotel - I'll just go home each night, no point in shelling out for accommodation if I live near by!!

I guess it depends on when everyone is convoying down on when I come and join in the festivities :thumbs up:

Crombers
23rd April 2009, 07:32 AM
I'm still in Crombers :D

Being in Leamington, i'm just 2 minutes of the M40 which you'll take from the M6/M42 down to Northampton & Silverstone.

I still need to book actually MINI united tickets but was holding off to see if we were defo going or not.

In terms of hotel - I'll just go home each night, no point in shelling out for accommodation if I live near by!!

I guess it depends on when everyone is convoying down on when I come and join in the festivities :thumbs up:

Goodonya, list updated on p21 :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
23rd April 2009, 07:53 AM
Goodonya, list updated on p21 :thumbs up:

Crombers, I'm sure me and/or Craig + Alan can keep the first post updated. I'll go update it now with what you have as the latest.:thumbs up:

A.

Crombers
23rd April 2009, 08:05 AM
Crombers, I'm sure me and/or Craig + Alan can keep the first post updated. I'll go update it now with what you have as the latest.:thumbs up:

A.

Aye OK but once you've cast your decision to go or nor to go a certain choice will have you elected (nae) put onto the commitee.

Also , if anyone else who is attending wishes to take this on then please do put up yer mitt, I just acted on impulse yesterday trying to keep this little trip on radar

C'mon folks it's

MINI at 50

this is gonna be special

AndyP & Lenore
23rd April 2009, 08:15 AM
Aye OK but once you've cast your decision to go or nor to go a certain choice will have you elected (nae) put onto the commitee.

Also , if anyone else who is attending wishes to take this on then please do put up yer mitt, I just acted on impulse yesterday trying to keep this little trip on radar

C'mon folks it's

MINI at 50

this is gonna be special

Don't get us wrong Crombers, our decision is to go. But the decision may be changed for us - possibly when we're half way to the hotel!:frown:

A.

Crombers
23rd April 2009, 08:39 AM
Don't get us wrong Crombers, our decision is to go. But the decision may be changed for us - possibly when we're half way to the hotel!:frown:

A.

Just leave out written instructions for your staff, they'll be fine ;)
OR turn your phones off that day

We do likewise with the 3 girls & they are still toddling along :yes nod:

Whilst your at it can you bump up your ticket prices for the next month for our beer kitty :thumbs up: :beer:

V500EMA
23rd April 2009, 10:37 AM
I'm definately still up for this :D Hotel is all booked (Holiday Inn Express Northampton)

Cant wait!! :D

Crombers
23rd April 2009, 04:18 PM
I'm definately still up for this :D Hotel is all booked (Holiday Inn Express Northampton)

Cant wait!! :D

Goodonya :thumbs up:

list updated -

3. Smitty (commuting)
28. Elfman
31. John (Hotel Booked - Holiday Inn Express Northampton)

Can the remaining folks please indicate their updated intentions to the trip as your names are still listed as attendees :

8. Bumble +1
12. Burple (Maybe)
17. Ajamesj & Lianne
21. RaKy07 + 1
23. AeroJonny (Maybe)
29. Euan (Maybe)

Cheers :beer:

stoney
23rd April 2009, 04:22 PM
we are coming thats for shure :thumbs up: and i know elfman will be as i have his ticket for him :thumbs up: shure i read he had booked his hotle some where as well will go and look :thumbs up:

Crombers
23rd April 2009, 04:27 PM
Excellent stuff, I did a quick trawl through & I maybe missed the Elfmeister

Ferengo
23rd April 2009, 04:31 PM
Safe to say we won't be making this now. Don't think Sarah would like the trip, although we would like to be there. Pregnancy ain't agreeing with her.

stoney
23rd April 2009, 04:37 PM
no it just says about tickets will give him a wee text in a few days i know it was wensday that he said goodbye so will give it a few days prob the last thing he wsnts to think about right now

Crombers
23rd April 2009, 04:50 PM
no it just says about tickets will give him a wee text in a few days i know it was wensday that he said goodbye so will give it a few days prob the last thing he wsnts to think about right now

Totally understand.

Crombers
23rd April 2009, 04:51 PM
Safe to say we won't be making this now. Don't think Sarah would like the trip, although we would like to be there. Pregnancy ain't agreeing with her.

:rolleyes: some excuse that, pregnancy is just a big fat tum & I got one of them too :yes nod:

Crombers
23rd April 2009, 05:16 PM
http://www.mini.co.uk/html/about_us/mini_united.html?s3_route=promobox

Updated information , 28 days to go :thumbs up:

Ferengo
23rd April 2009, 05:21 PM
:rolleyes: some excuse that, pregnancy is just a big fat tum & I got one of them too :yes nod:

It's not that it's the puking up. Just the slightest thing will set her off. Yesterday it was my hockey bag, couple of days before that she was just sick every 2 hours or so for no reason. I'd love to go and she does to but we even had to pass on the cinema the other night as she didn't feel up to it.

Crombers
23rd April 2009, 05:48 PM
It's not that it's the puking up. Just the slightest thing will set her off. Yesterday it was my hockey bag, couple of days before that she was just sick every 2 hours or so for no reason. I'd love to go and she does to but we even had to pass on the cinema the other night as she didn't feel up to it.

28 days to go , the puke dould be all gone by then. See how you feel nearer the time.

MINI 50 - it's gonna be special

AndyP & Lenore
23rd April 2009, 06:37 PM
Crombers I'm updating the first post with the new details, so you don't need to post your own updates within the thread - it would just get cluttered.:thumbs up:

Crombers
23rd April 2009, 07:37 PM
Crombers I'm updating the first post with the new details, so you don't need to post your own updates within the thread - it would just get cluttered.:thumbs up:

Any chance I could get access to the first post seeing as how the baton is now in may paw & any alterations, timings etc can be made by moi.
I'd actually like to add a few bits & pieces in the first post as we zoom into the final 28 days so be a good chap if you will, ta muchly. As Craig has previously stated "This is only the start of the planning so things can and will change"

AndyP & Lenore
23rd April 2009, 08:22 PM
Any chance I could get access to the first post seeing as how the baton is now in may paw & any alterations, timings etc can be made by moi.
I'd actually like to add a few bits & pieces in the first post as we zoom into the final 28 days so be a good chap if you will, ta muchly. As Craig has previously stated "This is only the start of the planning so things can and will change"

Ideally, yes, but I don't know how that could be achieved without you becoming a moderator. It's not possible to change who posts the first post in a thread.

Let me speak to the high heed yin and see what to do for the best.;)

A.

Bumble
23rd April 2009, 11:23 PM
I'm not going to make this trip now :ragin:... just too many pennies going out to a lovely builder :frown:

Gismo
23rd April 2009, 11:49 PM
Any chance I could get access to the first post seeing as how the baton is now in may paw & any alterations, timings etc can be made by moi

Ideally, yes, but I don't know how that could be achieved without you becoming a moderator. It's not possible to change who posts the first post in a thread.

Let me speak to the high heed yin and see what to do for the best.;)

A.

Allan, please check that you can edit the first post in the thread :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
24th April 2009, 12:28 AM
I'm not going to make this trip now :ragin:... just too many pennies going out to a lovely builder :frown:

Taken you off the list Lynn.:sad:

A.

Crombers
24th April 2009, 07:25 AM
Allan, please check that you can edit the first post in the thread :thumbs up:

Able to edit, cheers Alan & Andy :thumbs up:

Crombers
24th April 2009, 08:16 AM
First post updated 24/04/09 :thumbs up:

Crombers
26th April 2009, 11:44 PM
Can the remaining folks please indicate their updated intentions re the trip as your names are still listed as attendees :

12. Burple (Maybe)
17. Ajamesj & Lianne
21. RaKy07 + 1
23. AeroJonny (Maybe)
29. Euan (Maybe)

Cheers,
Crombers

RyanK
26th April 2009, 11:49 PM
Just realised that the suggested hotel now has rooms available...doh!

Im going to find out if I can cancel the hotel I am currently booked at, then I will change to suggested one :D The one I am currently booked at is around 20 miles from Silverstone and is alot older

Burple
27th April 2009, 11:40 AM
Can the remaining folks please indicate their updated intentions re the trip as your names are still listed as attendees :

12. Burple (Maybe)
17. Ajamesj & Lianne
21. RaKy07 + 1
23. AeroJonny (Maybe)
29. Euan (Maybe)

Cheers,
Crombers

Sorry guys.. not gonna be able to make this one after all :(

birdog
27th April 2009, 08:34 PM
Does anyone have a hotel room floor available, or a room they have booked but don`t need anymore ?

If someone has a floor, I`m happy to go halfs on the bill, and I promise I don`t snore .............. or kill people in their sleep :thumbs up:

And ..................... I have lots of beer!!!!!!!!!

Never mind, the hotel is booked and the ticket is bought, going to travel down on the thursday

Crombers
28th April 2009, 07:54 AM
Does anyone have a hotel room floor available, or a room they have booked but don`t need anymore ?

If someone has a floor, I`m happy to go halfs on the bill, and I promise I don`t snore .............. or kill people in their sleep :thumbs up:

And ..................... I have lots of beer!!!!!!!!!

Never mind, the hotel is booked and the ticket is bought, going to travel down on the thursday

Are you travelling down with us ?

birdog
28th April 2009, 09:36 AM
what time will you be leaving glasgow ?

I`m planning on leaving aberdeen pretty early cause it will be a fairly long drive down.

Crombers
28th April 2009, 03:46 PM
I reckon we will be leaving Bothwell Services 07:30am ish and we are usually at Huntley's (http://www.huntleys.co.uk/) for the back of 11am (Craig could maybe polish up on times here if he would be so kind).

You are more than welcome to join us at any stage :thumbs up:

ajamesj
28th April 2009, 08:08 PM
Sorry we cant make this any longer work commitments :sad:

AndyP & Lenore
28th April 2009, 08:14 PM
Sorry we cant make this any longer work commitments :sad:

Shame you can't make it Andy, but thanks for letting us know.

A.

Craig
28th April 2009, 08:31 PM
I reckon we will be leaving Bothwell Services 07:30am ish and we are usually at Huntley's (http://www.huntleys.co.uk/) for the back of 11am (Craig could maybe polish up on times here if he would be so kind).

You are more than welcome to join us at any stage :thumbs up:

yeah that sounds about right... prob nearer 11:00 You would normally get to Southwaite Svcs at 09:00 and then down to Preston from there is only about another 100 miles. . . ;)

Crombers
29th April 2009, 07:19 AM
yeah that sounds about right... prob nearer 11:00 You would normally get to Southwaite Svcs at 09:00 and then down to Preston from there is only about another 100 miles. . . ;)

Good man :thumbs up:

birdog
29th April 2009, 12:16 PM
Bothwell services at 0730 ???? I`ll have to leave home at about 0530.

I will say yes at the moment, I`ll be there, but I`ll see how I feel closer to the date. (going to be a long ass day)

How many are in the convoy ?????

Can someone who is definatly going to be there PM me their mobile number, incase I get delayed, so I`m not holding anyone up.

Fairy
29th April 2009, 12:37 PM

I will say yes at the moment, I`ll be there, but I`ll see how I feel closer to the date. (going to be a long ass day)

Can someone who is definatly going to be there PM me their mobile number, incase I get delayed, so I`m not holding anyone up.

Birdog - We could meet u (and anyone else heading down from the Aberdeen area) at 5.30am at Stracathro services then we could meet the rest of the MINIs at Bothwell for around 7.30am?

Crombers
29th April 2009, 01:08 PM

PM sent, hopefully see you at Bothwell Services :thumbs up:
At present we have 14 MINI's in our NMS convoy (numbers still to be confirmed) & after past M6 convoy experiences it is one not to be missed. Sure, white transit vans do their best to join in (they think it's funny!!) but in the main the reaction from the passing public is brilliant :thumbs up: