PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used chipsaway?

rocker4500
28th August 2008, 03:11 PM
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, i msure some kinda loving mod will move it if its not :smilewinkgrin:

Anyway, i have a few wee marks/chips on some areats of the body work and was looking to get them repaired. has anyone ever used the compnay called chipsaway? Or can anyone recommend someone to use around the Perth or Dundee area that is of good quality and resnable price?

Cheers
Gary

john
28th August 2008, 03:29 PM
Yes.

The thing is its a franchise and im sure some guys are better than others ;)

rocker4500
28th August 2008, 03:32 PM
Hmmmmm not so good! Probably best to actualy get a repair centre to do it then

dougie_dfc
28th August 2008, 03:43 PM
yeh iv used chipsaway in Dundee, u can take ur car to them or i think they can come to u....i took mines to the shop and they done a good job! dropped the car off in the morning and was finished by 5 so can't complain.
I've got a few scratches just now as well that I'm hoping to get removed soon

rocker4500
28th August 2008, 03:46 PM
ok kool. is it a good job, i mean would you notice? You got a rough idea of prices?

dougie_dfc
28th August 2008, 03:49 PM
yeh i had to get 2 of the side panels done and looking at it after, u wouldn't have known someone scratched w**ker into the side of it with a key :laugh::laugh:
not too sure about price, think it might have been about £70

rocker4500
28th August 2008, 03:50 PM
ok kool, cheers, il look into it. thatnks :thumbs up:

Ferengo
28th August 2008, 03:55 PM
Dudhope coach works in Dundee are good to. Got my bumper a full respray for £100, dropped off in the morning and ready by 5.30pm.

Also they won't do any work that doesn't need done. Took my old fiat brava in twice. Once as it had a dent in it. The guy just thumped his hand down on it and the dent popped out (Didn't charge me for it). Second time my light bracket got smashed and my bumper got cracked. They fixed the bumper but said that a block behind the light would stop it moving and be road legal. They did it for free but said if I really wanted they'd replace it but advised against it (Again no charge)

Also when I took my mini in they tried to T cut the scrape before saying if they needed to repaint it or not.

Good guys and I won't go anywhere else.:thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
28th August 2008, 05:13 PM
Used them to repair a keying to my X5. It was a good 10" long fairly deep key mark. I wasn't happy with the end result at all. Rather than repairing the key mark, they sprayed 60% of the panel and tried to blow it in across the rest of the panel. This wasn't that guys particular skill and I wish he hadn't tried. :sad:

To be honest, now I have the megs dual action polisher more know-how and lots of good advice from folks on here, I do my own repairs.

I had some really nasty chips and dents when a boulder got flung up by a HGV wheel on the way down to Oxford earlier this year. It hit the MINI's forehead and took a load of paint with it.

Using the DAP, 1000grit sand paper and touching up using a touch up pen etc, I got it looking almost as good as new. Next time I've got the machine out again, I'm gonna have another go to get it even smother and looking better.

Basically, now if I had any damage that didn't require a body shop repair, I'll be doing myself.

But like John says, some are better than others.

A.