PDA

View Full Version : re : notice to potential juror.....

indigomatt
27th August 2008, 09:22 AM
Morning

A strange question here :confused: last night around 10pm someone 'hand posted' through my door an official notice of being selected as a potential jurors.....annoyingly I have forgotten said document so can’t type the actual name or contact the court admin. direct today..... :argh:

Problems is; I have a suspicion that my mail is being interfered with, as a couple of CD’s have gone missing and letters are arriving sporadically ~ no one loves me :frown:

So basically are these things normally delivered by hand, out with an envelope.... it states the date on the document as ‘postdate’ but as it came in no envelope this just gets me thinking more.....

Ta, m

rocker4500
27th August 2008, 09:39 AM
Sounds a bit dodgy! Its possible that it could be delivered seperatly, i wouldnt of thought so tho and i would deffinitly think it should be in an envelope!

audrey
27th August 2008, 12:21 PM
I got a letter also last week saying i had to fill it in and send it back as i had been selected to be a potential juror this was delivered in the morning by the postman and was in a sealed envelope. I would say this has been opened by someone else then put through your door. I Would have word with the postman:yes nod:

AndyP & Lenore
27th August 2008, 02:45 PM
Couple of years ago I got a letter through from my local sheriff court saying I had been selected as a potential juror. I had to notify them of times when I was not available due to holidays and they would "try" to avoid them. I think this first letter is just a shot across the bows sort of thing..... You've popped up on our list, expect an invitation sometime soon. But I think after two years you drop off their list again. I've had it happen twice, never been called yet.

But the hand delivery thing does not sound right. It may be the actual request to attend for juror selection may be delivered by the polis, but the initial letter has always been by post. Not recorded though.

A.

indigomatt
27th August 2008, 03:27 PM
Thanks

Have contacted the court and they were most amused, the strangest inquiry they’ve had this year :D

Yes it should have been in the post and not hand delivered, spoke to my neighbours and they know nothing about it.....!

Contacted the Post Office and they seemed totally unfazed :shut up:

Took details, gave me a complaint reference number and said the case is now closed......asked if i could expect anything, any future contact – NO and hung up :argh:

And the price of stamps is going up, utterly disgraceful.......:ragin::ragin::ragin:

Can't even find an address postal or e-mail to moan some more at em'.....only the same bloody phone number.....off to local sorting office to have a go there i think.....

m

Ferengo
27th August 2008, 03:47 PM
Call the post office again. When they answer say "Sorry what was your name again". They should normally give you it, Tehn you have them by the B@lls (Pardon my French) as you can say you spoke to x on y number if they fob you off.

Call consumer direct or trading standards. Even better mail a couple of empty letters with blank paper in them to yourself via special delivery. Keep the slip and if it doesn't get to you chase it up on their site and see you signed for it. Then you have who is getting your mail.

The post office have a duty to deliver to your address and only your address. Did you call your local office or the general one for the UK?

stella
31st August 2008, 11:58 AM
the post office customer services are crap:ragin: have had a few complaints to them myself & they don't care, & are cheeky liars to boot!

i thought it could possibly be illegal to interfere with someones post?? don't know if that is true:confused:

but if you have a nice postie i would see if you can get the local office number off him & phone them direct.