PDA

View Full Version : Black Wow and Wax

Smitty
26th August 2008, 11:55 PM
Quick question for all Black WOW users out there:

Do you put your Wax over the trim that you have applied the Black WOW to or just leave it as it is?

I put it over last time, but wasn't overally happy at the time the product lasted :frown:

I'm giving the car another quick layer of wax on Thursday as well as re-doing the trim so I'll do what the experts recommend this time!! :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
27th August 2008, 12:05 AM
I made the mistake of listening to Mr Davies a few weeks ago and bought a couple of tins of Collonite from the States. Big mistake. HUGE mistake. Thicker to put on, and much harder to take off. Used once and never again.

Also - and this is where I drag myself back on topic - I managed to drift slightly onto my black wheel arches with the collonite. Now I have horrible white streaks on them which are taking a lot of work to remove.

My blackfire diamond wax (presumably) must drift onto the arches also as I don't recall being so careful that I don't, and I have never had white streaks with that wax.

So I guess it's down to individual waxes as to whether they are OK to put on top of black wow or not.

But, if I'm honest, I've NEVER deliberately waxed my arches. I have only ever used black wow, peanut oil and Autoglym bumper care stuff.

A.

Craig
27th August 2008, 06:38 AM
:off topic: nowt wrong with that wax Mr P - it's just you thats the problem...;):off topic:

as for black wow... Used it a few times and not impressed...

Not only is it not very easy to work with and blooming expensive, when you wash the car, it gets the sponge all black and it looses it's foamyness. :sad:

I will be going back to peanut oil and wax. :thumbs up: I use Turtle wax nano tech speed wax on my trim and never had a problem. (as does MarkyC). :cool:

ianking
27th August 2008, 08:39 AM
I like black wow.
Tried lots of other stuff and I dont think its as good. IO dont wax on top of it but I do wipe it over with a slightly damp cloth.

Smitty
27th August 2008, 09:54 AM
Cheers guys.

I'm going to continue using the black wow as I have bought it now, and it's too damm expensive just to replace :frown:

I'm impressed with the shine it gives the trim, and I thought it went on really easily.

Next time round I'll not put the wax over it and wipe it down with a wet cloth after application and see how that goes.

If your not liking your new wax Andy - try the Dodo Juice (I have the Rainforest Rub) products - so easy to apply and mines still beading like crazy after 1500+ miles and 5+ washes.

Burple
4th September 2008, 04:52 PM
I made the mistake of listening to Mr Davies a few weeks ago and bought a couple of tins of Collonite from the States. Big mistake. HUGE mistake. Thicker to put on, and much harder to take off. Used once and never again.

as for black wow... Used it a few times and not impressed...

Not only is it not very easy to work with and blooming expensive, when you wash the car, it gets the sponge all black and it looses it's foamyness.

Well I'm gonna disagree with both of you.. :p

1. It must be you :p never had any bother at all with Collinite :D Easy to put on, easy to buff out..

2. Ya dobber. :D You must be using too much Black Wow. If you wipe it over with a damp cloth after putting it on, to remove the residue, you shouldn't have that problem :p

moraymini
27th November 2008, 06:14 PM
I used turtle wax liquid ice on black trim it came up not too bad but I'm an Amateur :smilewinkgrin: