PDA

View Full Version : Out with the Police

ianking
26th August 2008, 09:00 AM
After a fatal accident on one of the trunk roads that my work operates I have to go out with the police traffic dept for some follow up investigations etc.
We were out on the A702 yesterday near to Biggar.
We were in a fully marked up BMW 530D. After leaving the site we were on our way to the compound at Abington to inspect the vehicle when myself and the officer noticed a focus up ahead performing a couple of crazy overtakes over the double white line and pulling in pretty hard. He was headed to Abington as well.
I asked the officer if he would have pulled the focus over for a chat had I not been in the car. His answer was, 'ach I think we could go pull him over for a chat anyway'. At the point the Focus went onto the M74 and was off. Blues were flashing on our car and we were motoring down the motorway at some rate. Finally cought up with the car but he could not see us as his car was so heavily laden. We were following him at 101mph on the vascar. Finally he noticed and pulled over into hard shoulder. Police officer out for a chat and to point out the errors the young driver had made. Driver was very lucky that it was myself in the car and not another officer as he would have lost his licence.

I had a great time at work yesterday out in a police chase. Normally when with the police im out in a slow shogun and everybody behaves when they see it

Just thought I would share my experiences. :cool:

Burple
26th August 2008, 09:47 AM
Nice one! :cool:
I'd love a shot in one of those!! :thumbs up::D

Gismo
26th August 2008, 09:56 AM
Nice one, being an avid watcher of the cop programmes on TV i'd like to come with you next time ;)

AndyP & Lenore
26th August 2008, 10:01 AM
Someone has to post this....

"NICE!":D

Those who watch Road Wars will understand.:thumbs up:

A.:D

Crombers
26th August 2008, 12:17 PM
Do you like your job :rolleyes:

ianking
26th August 2008, 12:34 PM
Do you like your job :rolleyes:

hmmmm its OK. ;)

stoney
26th August 2008, 12:56 PM
i herd on the raido the day that 6 peeps got done for dangerus driving at the weekend on the 702 :eek: and one woman got done at 122mph on the m8 :eek:

monkimagic
29th August 2008, 10:58 PM
Real Road wars....I like it ;)

Smitty
30th August 2008, 12:12 AM
Awesome!! :thumbs up: :cool:

But screw Road Wars, Interceptors on Channel 5 is much better!! :yes nod: