PDA

View Full Version : Return to the MINI fold

davesminis
23rd August 2008, 07:13 PM
Hi Folks,

A year and three months after selling my beloved Mini One and driving a Skoda Fabia VRS and Suzuki Swift the time has come to get back into a mini. Today, unexpectedly (I was supposed to be buying a BMW Z4) I put down a deposit on an 05 plate Mini Cooper S Convertible. So, everything going well I should collect it on thursday.

Just thought I would share the good news.

Cheers,

Craig
23rd August 2008, 07:14 PM
Good News - at least you came to your senses eventually.... :eyes up::thumbs up:

AeroJonny
23rd August 2008, 08:28 PM
Good News - at least you came to your senses eventually.... :eyes up::thumbs up:

they all do ;)

Duncan Stewart
23rd August 2008, 08:32 PM
Welcome back! :D

Crombers
24th August 2008, 09:02 AM
Common sense prevails :thumbs up:

davesminis
24th August 2008, 09:41 AM
Yeah, it will be good to be back in the mini. And last night my better half offered to get me a private plate for my birthday.
Result!

ianking
24th August 2008, 07:04 PM
Mind and get some pics up when you get it.

Gismo
25th August 2008, 05:06 PM
welcome back :thumbs up:

davesminis
29th August 2008, 09:31 AM
Hi guys. I should now be back behind the wheel of a mini but my swift is still sitting in the drive. The mini dealer I was buying from told me the car was a one owner but when i turned up to collect the car it turned out to be a 2 owner. So I am still miniless (other than my 2 classics) and the hunt goes on.

Craig
29th August 2008, 09:36 AM
it might be worth contacting one of our sponsors Saltire Vehicles (http://www.saltirevehicles.co.uk) and letting him know what you are looking for.... He can do all the leg work for you and I can guarantee he won't make the same mistakes as that garage. You only need to deal with him and no smarmy salemen.. :smilewinkgrin:

I couldn't recommend Mark Dryden highly enough. Give him a shout, you've got nothing to loose.. :thumbs up:

davesminis
29th August 2008, 09:43 AM
Cheers Craig, Will look into that. Been on all the usual sites but have cant see the car for me as yet.

Ta

ianking
29th August 2008, 10:02 AM
I wouldnt let the fact that the car had more than 1 owner put you off though Dave.
Maybe be a wee bit annoyed at the dealer for mis-representing the car but I would have just asked for a wee £100 off. Dealers should be snapping up any deal they can get at the moment.

davesminis
29th August 2008, 04:24 PM
I wanted a lot more than £100 off. I am quite particular about the cars I buy. That one was quite special because of the low milage and one owner and other wee bits and bobs.
I will just need to keep looking.

ianking
31st August 2008, 04:26 PM
Fair enough but I cant see how having more than 1 owner makes it a bad car.

davesminis
4th September 2008, 10:21 PM
Ok. Lets try again. I have now bought a Mini Cooper S. Pick it up tomorrow - all going well. Hopefully will post pics up then.

Cheers

davesminis
16th September 2008, 10:43 PM
Picked up my mini!
It is awesome, lovin being back in a mini.
Will get pics up when i can get some taken and figure out how to do it.