PDA

View Full Version : What do YOU want ? ?

Craig
22nd August 2008, 10:32 PM
Ok guys and gals....

As one of the organisers of runs and meets, I would like to find out on behalf of the forum, what you want from runs/meets... ;) and if you think we have the recipe right for the runs/meets we do organise

Do you like the way runs/meets are organised and run? Any changes you would like

Would you like weekend runs ?

Would you be interested in trips to the continent?

I know this year has been the best for runs organised and we have had some amazings runs already this year with a few more crackers still to go. :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Please bear in mind that those who organise runs, do so out of their own pocket and are not paid or re-imbursed by NMS. (not a dig at you Alan honestly) ;)

The forum/club is only as good as it's members and I would like to know what YOU think. All answers are valid and there will be no censorship.. :yes nod:

Suggestions -

A North East Run (OO04BES)
Shorter Runs (Scottiedoop)
Weekend Runs (Stoney)
Trips abroad (Bumble & Crombers)
Runs during Stephens Day's off :rolleyes::thud:
Trip to "The Ring" (MINI William)

Craig
22nd August 2008, 10:33 PM
Also meant to say - if you have any suggestions for runs/meets, please let us know. :smilewinkgrin:

Forbes
22nd August 2008, 10:50 PM
a north east run. if i can be bothered i might try and do this if the southerners are up for it

Craig
22nd August 2008, 10:53 PM
a north east run. if i can be bothered i might try and do this if the southerners are up for it

Ben - do you mean around Aberdeenshire or up by Dornoch/Helmsdale/Thurso area... ?

Scottie
22nd August 2008, 10:54 PM
for me it would be great if some of the runs were shorter and taking up less of the day.

Other than that what we have is fine by me, plenty runs now so I can pick and choose which ones to go on.

Think it's all down to the members of the forum rather than the forum itself:confused::confused: or maybe I reading your post wrong:confused:

Craig
22nd August 2008, 10:57 PM
Think it's all down to the members of the forum rather than the forum itself:confused::confused: or maybe I reading your post wrong:confused:

thanks for the feedback Fi...

kinda lost me with the last quote tho... what I meant is that if nobody says what they want and then don't like what we as organisers do, then they only have themselves to blame... :shut up:

Everybody in my eyes has a voice - I may be shot down tho... :Whistle:

Scottie
22nd August 2008, 11:03 PM
thanks for the feedback Fi...

kinda lost me with the last quote tho... what I meant is that if nobody says what they want and then don't like what we as organisers do, then they only have themselves to blame... :shut up:

Everybody in my eyes has a voice - I may be shot down tho... :Whistle:

Don't know.:rolleyes:

but can you list my suggestion for shorter runs in your first post please.

stoney
22nd August 2008, 11:06 PM
well to be hosint i would not change any thing i think it works well as it is :D

and i dont mind paying the petrol and time to do a run as i love driving my mini :thumbs up:

a weekend run would be nice but i will be having a busy year out side the minis next year so i will not get time :yes nod:

Forbes
22nd August 2008, 11:29 PM
Meaning aberdeenshire, Ballater Braemar etc.

Bumble
23rd August 2008, 11:09 AM
I love the runs - think that everyone who make the time and shells out to organise them are what MINI mania is all about :thumbs up:; and it's also a great way so see a bits of Scotland I may not have otherwise stumbled on. So in saying that - I'm pretty happy with the way things are done; and the fact that I try my best to get to every single one of them (yucky colds apart).

Would be great to have runs going further afield; I'm off to Ireland (http://www.ccminiclub.co.uk/) next weekend with some of the AMOC crew (Bumble sisters on tour again!) for a classic event. This would be good to get us on the map a bit more too.

Crombers
23rd August 2008, 11:35 AM
We are good at what we do, like what we do at present :thumbs up:

If anything I would like to do an annual, Oxford & or onto the continent trip :D

Mini Ecosse
23rd August 2008, 12:05 PM
We like the mix of runs at present, some short, some long.
Only comment would be to arrange runs on my weekends off!:hand::Whistle:
Stephen

MINI William
23rd August 2008, 06:08 PM
I wouldent change anything as it all works well and everyone has a brilliant day.I would like to suggest a trip to the Nurburgring :yes nod::smilewinkgrin::thumbs up:

Craig
23rd August 2008, 07:00 PM
Thanks for all the replies folks. :thumbs up:

Keep them coming - also thanks for the kind comments, I think all that organise runs will get a warm feeling from them. ;):Whistle:

stoney
23rd August 2008, 08:41 PM
yep thanx for the kind words peps it good to know is working well

AndyP & Lenore
24th August 2008, 09:16 PM
Speaking as someone who attends runs and as a run organiser it's always good to hear positive reports from anyone who attends a run. At the end of the day, the only reason we organise runs is for others to enjoy. When that objective is fulfilled, we've done our job.

We have a few ideas for runs over the next few years. Some we may do, some we may not have the time to do, and some may just not be practical. If ANYONE wants to use any of these idea's they should go right ahead. Some of our idea's are:

A run around East Lothian area, finishing with a barbecue down at Yellowcraigs beach.:yes nod:

A run to The Isle Of Man - no speed limits on some of the roads.:cool:

A run around the Calders area of mid/east Lothian. Some really good roads out that way.:yes nod:

And no doubt, we'll be doing more Movie MINI Runs sometime soon.:smilewinkgrin:

A.:D

N12 JLK
24th August 2008, 09:20 PM
I like runs around the 100 miles mark, nice breaks for chats inbetween and lunch, nothing much else.

Ferengo
25th August 2008, 07:41 AM
Maybe something like a run to an activity. Say paintball or I think Stoney had said they did the Safari park a couple of years ago (My wife would like that one:D).

I have looked into the paintball and if you get enough people going then you can get a BBQ put on for lunch.

Also what are th movie runs? Sound like somethinh I maybe interested in.

Crombers
25th August 2008, 08:44 AM
A run to The Isle Of Man - no speed limits on some of the roads.:cool:

Why did'nt I think of that, brilliant idea :yes nod:. Bumble's idea re Ireland is also a good un,

I think I just wanna stick my MINI on a ferry :Whistle:

AndyP & Lenore
25th August 2008, 10:12 AM
Maybe something like a run to an activity. Say paintball or I think Stoney had said they did the Safari park a couple of years ago (My wife would like that one:D).

I have looked into the paintball and if you get enough people going then you can get a BBQ put on for lunch.

Also what are th movie runs? Sound like somethinh I maybe interested in.

Ferengo, the Movie runs are where we have a fairly short run, usually starting in Edinburgh area, then head down to Galashiels and watch a movie in our cinema. In the past we've done Mission Impossible III, The Italian Job (2003 Version) and Indiana Jones IV. Craig also organised one a few years ago at Christmas time and most folk watched the latest Harry Potter.

Paintball is a cracking idea.:thumbs up: Lots of fun.:cool: However, there's no RPG.:sad:

Gismo
25th August 2008, 10:05 PM
I think it's fair to say that generally the runs organised further north, ie Aberdeenshire have not been as well attended as the more northern ones and that's since NMS's creation.

No one can force anyone onto a run and constant sniping about folks lack of attendance goes against what the forums are about.
But, that shouldn't put folks off trying to organise an event.

Anyway, back on topic :yes nod: for me, i'd like to see the go karts done again, i'd like an overseas trip including the ring and maybe take in a motorsport event like the F1 or touring cars or the English Mini Racing series

Ferengo
25th August 2008, 10:15 PM
Paintball is a cracking idea.:thumbs up: Lots of fun.:cool: However, there's no RPG.:sad:

Think again :p http://www.addictedtopaintball.com/store/list_products/?category_id=657609

Think the Coders would be up for it:thumbs up: Even airsoft may be a laugh.

I'd be up for a movie run. Always trying to drag the wife along to the pics so prefect excuse:D.

Craig
25th August 2008, 10:16 PM
I think it's fair to say that generally the runs organised further north, ie Aberdeenshire have not been as well attended as the more northern ones and that's since NMS's creation.

No one can force anyone onto a run and constant sniping about folks lack of attendance goes against what the forums are about.
But, that shouldn't put folks off trying to organise an event.

Anyway, back on topic :yes nod: for me, i'd like to see the go karts done again, i'd like an overseas trip including the ring and maybe take in a motorsport event like the F1 or touring cars or the English Mini Racing series

Well, oh master - Go-Karting will be coming back this winter time... :thumbs up: It's the perfect time to fill the gap in the run schedule..

I also would like to go to see the John Cooper Challenge down south sometime and see some "S"'s getting banged up Dryden stylee... :Whistle:

Ferengo
25th August 2008, 10:21 PM
Oh yeah. Go karting. I'm up for that. Anything I can drive fast I'm up for:D

Scottie
25th August 2008, 10:29 PM
check out GOAPE @ Aberfoyle not sure if any locals have been but it's great fun.

Track Ali
28th August 2008, 10:29 AM
I would go to the nurburgring

I had a post up before summer but not many people replied though :sad:

stoney
28th August 2008, 06:00 PM
i think a trip to the ring needs to be organised a good year before hand as it costs a fair bit of cash

Gismo
28th August 2008, 07:04 PM
i think a trip to the ring needs to be organised a good year before hand as it costs a fair bit of cashYep, something like this can't be organised a couple of weeks in advance, but, it would be good to see loads of mini's in convoy there :thumbs up:

Craig
28th August 2008, 08:19 PM
What about THIS (http://www.continentalcartours.co.uk/documents/f-Stelvio_003.pdf) for a holiday. It is being talked about for us for next year... :thumbs up::thumbs up:

a load of MINI's on that would be :cool::cool::cool:

AndyP & Lenore
28th August 2008, 08:29 PM
What about THIS (http://www.continentalcartours.co.uk/documents/f-Stelvio_003.pdf) for a holiday. It is being talked about for us for next year... :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Looks great, if only it wasn't July.:argh::argh:

Scottie
28th August 2008, 08:35 PM
done that pass in a 4x4 we did say at the time it would cool in a Mini.:thumbs up:

I can't go as I would need to add another £320 for our dogs to stay here and I wouldn;t leave them anyway

but what I would say to anyone thinking about it, do it , having travelled Europe albeit with a van on the back :rolleyes: it's a great experience and in a Mini it would be a trip and a half.:thumbs up:

Scottie
28th August 2008, 08:41 PM
what about Mini United it's at Silverstone in 2009 around May time I think.

Craig
28th August 2008, 08:50 PM
what about Mini United it's at Silverstone in 2009 around May time I think.

has it been confirmed yet? was waiting to find out an exact date as I had said to Mrs D that this was a definate for us... not missing 50 years of the mini.. :thumbs up:

Scottie
28th August 2008, 08:53 PM
has it been confirmed yet? was waiting to find out an exact date as I had said to Mrs D that this was a definate for us... not missing 50 years of the mini.. :thumbs up:

I think so 22-24 May 2009. I've just been going on what they say on Mini2 and I have these dates booked already for my holidays at work :thumbs up:

Scottie
28th August 2008, 08:57 PM
yip defo

22-24 May 2009

I'll be there

http://www.mini-united.com/MINIUnited/en/index.jsp

Craig
28th August 2008, 08:58 PM
going to start a new thread for that - just checked with Mrs D and I can go and she is going to fly down to Luton on the Friday night. ;)

Scottie
28th August 2008, 09:01 PM
going to start a new thread for that - just checked with Mrs D and I can go and she is going to fly down to Luton on the Friday night. ;)

cool:thumbs up: you can convoy with me in my Mini and Allan towing the Van:blush::laugh::laugh:

Craig
28th August 2008, 09:06 PM
gives me a bit of a problem - how to tow a caravan and get my mini down there... :confused:

weefossy
28th August 2008, 09:45 PM
Just looked at this thread and there are some great ideas. My thoughts

Would love an Ireland / Isle of Man long weekend.

Was at Mini 30, so would love to go to Mini 50 This is similar time of year to usual Oxford trip, so could be an alternative.

Should we start joining other peoples runs, the Doncaster lot are well organised and would love to have us.

Nurburgring needs lot's of organisation and it isn't cheap overall. Was there last year so have details of hotels, cost etc, so happy to get involved if this goes ahead. Huge caveat on the "risk" factor, there are lots of incidents and I wouldn't like responsibilty! Neil's pals have just come back after 3rd year and are already planning next year. I may get dragged into that again.... in the M5 with Sabine again.....there is a heaven.

Wanted to do Stelvio and other passes on way to Italian Lakes this year, but because of baby, never got organised and ended up in Malta.....Doh! The price quoted on Craig's posting looks very reasonable.

Andy, I did an East lothian run a few years back and there were some great roads over the Lammermuirs. Not too long and we had plenty of time for a barbie at our house, with some people stopping over. Could organise a barbie at Yellowcraigs or similar and happy that if weather failed, everyone could invade our house, with barbies in the garage. Couldn't put everyone up overnight though, think maximun we have managed was 25, with lots of sleeping bags all over the house! Marquee in the back garden!!??

What about a Charity run.....round Scotland..... similar to the Mini 2 round Britain run from years back?

I know an overnight run has been sugested, despite the logistics being difficult, but I would support it because there is nothing better than driving at 4.00am on a summers morning when the roads are empty.

Overall I think we have a great we club and I like it the way it is. People do a great job organising runs and I take my hat off to them. We love the picnics and the chat before and after.

Onward and upward!!

cooper-chick
28th August 2008, 09:49 PM

I think this is a FAB idea.......i LURVE paintballing :thumbs up: Its so much fun......or go-karting or something. :smilewinkgrin:

weefossy
28th August 2008, 09:54 PM

Just had another look at this and it really does appeal. Good price too. As the second last day is in the Black Forest region... Nurburgring area..... wonder if we had enough people, they would vary the package?
Just a thought!

Scottie
28th August 2008, 10:48 PM
Nurburgring needs lot's of organisation and it isn't cheap overall. Was there last year so have details of hotels, cost etc, so happy to get involved if this goes ahead. Huge caveat on the "risk" factor, there are lots of incidents and I wouldn't like responsibilty! Neil's pals have just come back after 3rd year and are already planning next year. I may get dragged into that again.... in the M5 with Sabine again.....there is a heaven.

I know a nice camp site 20 miles away from the ring have used it several times, for anyone wanting to make the trip that bit cheaper.;)

AndyP & Lenore
28th August 2008, 10:56 PM
Malcolm, maybe you and I should put our heads together and sort out a Yellowcraigs barbecue run early next summer.

A.:thumbs up:

stoney
29th August 2008, 01:56 PM
Malcolm, maybe you and I should put our heads together and sort out a Yellowcraigs barbecue run early next summer.

A.:thumbs up:

oi my picnic run will be erly summer as geting hithced in aug :hand:

weefossy
30th August 2008, 07:37 PM
Rob, have you got a date in mind for the picnic run? Oh and when / where is the wedding?
Andy, we can discuss Barbie / Yellow Graigs next week, at the Borders Run. I will try and find the route notes.

stoney
31st August 2008, 09:57 AM
Rob, have you got a date in mind for the picnic run? Oh and when / where is the wedding?
Andy, we can discuss Barbie / Yellow Graigs next week, at the Borders Run. I will try and find the route notes.

it will be prob about 7th or 14th of june :thumbs up: for the picnic run

:off topic: we are having the wedding at auchen castle just out side mofft on the 6th of aug :thumbs up: it geting so close now :thud: :off topic:ended

GCA3N
6th January 2010, 07:06 PM
Great thread Craig had a quick skim through and lots of great ideas. Hopefully will be back on mainland soon to attend more runs. I have loved every run i've done so far and think it should continue in the same vein. Maybe a thread for people to put down a run they would be willing to organise to get a feeling on those who would be interested on an initial basis.

LightningStevie
25th February 2010, 09:09 PM
Also meant to say - if you have any suggestions for runs/meets, please let us know. :smilewinkgrin:

I help run a website for smart cars, even though I've just bought a Mini. We do a weekend in the Lake District every year where we go to a campsite, have a few drives out, and do Bingo and a Quiz night to raise money for charity. I've been involved in the organisation of it, and its always a cracking weekend. How about something like that? to get an idea of what we do, have a look here (http://www.smartz.co.uk/index.php?page=stock)

I will get out on one of these imfamous runs you guys successfully organise! The ones around May/June are out for me though. got the smart weekend (I'm still going in my mini lol) in may, and its my 30th at begining of June. All I know is that I am going away somewhere for this, but no idea where or when...

Watson
25th February 2010, 10:21 PM
We are good at what we do, like what we do at present :thumbs up:

If anything I would like to do an annual, Oxford & or onto the continent trip :D

Continent..well you know, that would be FAB the other half and me have already talked about going to France or maybe Italy if money permits in Watson......

Don't know if you ever watched grand designs but check this out http://www.chezjallot.com/ the scenery is amazing round there.....could be a good run!!!

Also have you guys ever done a city 'mini' meet and drive, over and around the old town, down to Silver Knowes or Longniddry Bents and a fish supper to end the day?

Stewart
25th February 2010, 11:57 PM
Northern Mini do a Weekend in the lakes in June at Park Foot I'm sure it is.

LightningStevie
26th February 2010, 09:05 AM
Cool, thats the same campsite the smart guys use. Watson and myself and my other half went to the Red Squirel campsite last year and thought it would a great place to have a car meet. Great roads, fantastic campsite etc. Always an idea for 2011 :)

Gismo
26th February 2010, 10:18 AM
we go to a campsite, have a few drives out, and do Bingo:Whistle:

LightningStevie
26th February 2010, 04:16 PM
Its a lot more fun than it sounds! trust me lol

cooperchris
11th May 2010, 08:52 PM
hey folks, i know im just a new guy to this but has anyone organised a run to santapod for the MITP(mini in the park) weekend 14th/15th august.

Me an a few mates were thinkin about goin down to it.Now av joined nms a thought a would ask if you have anythin planned for this.Would be nice to join you all for a road trip.

thanx chris

stoney
11th May 2010, 09:31 PM
hey folks, i know im just a new guy to this but has anyone organised a run to santapod for the MITP(mini in the park) weekend 14th/15th august.

Me an a few mates were thinkin about goin down to it.Now av joined nms a thought a would ask if you have anythin planned for this.Would be nice to join you all for a road trip.

thanx chris

hi chris there is nothing pland for this but feel free to start a thread and see who is up for it we have not long done a big run to oxford

cooperchris
17th May 2010, 07:31 PM
Is there going to be a stand at this years Fast And Modified show in ingilston?

AndyP & Lenore
17th May 2010, 11:20 PM
Is there going to be a stand at this years Fast And Modified show in ingilston?

NMS member Andy (ajamesj) organised an NMS stand in 2007 and 2008. Don't think there was a stand last year and no news of one this year.

A.