PDA

View Full Version : First offer for my car...what you all think...

FergusM
15th August 2008, 03:16 PM
So, first interest in my car via pistonheads...what you think......

Hi Fergus,

I am very interested in the Mini that you have for sale, but looking to negotiate. My dad is a car salesman and sed that your price is far too high. I do like the car and the added kit, but am just looking for a fast car that corners like sports car....but it has to be a mini. I Like the colour and the trim, especially the wheels, but my dad thinks that would be closer to a deal if you were to knock £4000 off the price.

Also, don't need the bluetooth stuff coz I got a funky little thing that I clip to the sun visor for handling my calls.

I would be coming up from Exeter to see it, so if I do buy it, I would be looking for a full tank of petrol, Also, the car mats look good inside - are they included (could be the deal clincher)

lastly, does it have mud flaps. this a must since I tend to bomb around the country roads of exeter and need the flaps to stop the Sh*&^ from going all over the tyres.

BTW - what is swissol wax ?? is it good. I usually use Turtle wax and it beads like anything in the rain.

Looking forward to hearing from you and hopefully doing some biz.

Dave. ;-)

.......I said no funnily enough.... I do hope this is not the standard of all the interest....

AndyP & Lenore
15th August 2008, 03:20 PM
I think you're being unfair. After all, if you'd just left the mats in that would have been the deal clincher.:eyes up:

A.:laugh:

Fairy
15th August 2008, 03:23 PM
but my dad thinks that would be closer to a deal if you were to knock £4000 off the price.

Well I think his dad needs to wake up a little!!! What a joke!!! Is he for real?!?!
Fergus...I dont think you should sell your beloved
Mini to this chump - sounds like he couldn't control a golf buggy let alone a Mini!! :thud:

euan
15th August 2008, 03:25 PM
Boy's got nae clue!!

Just tell you'll knock 4K off it, but the mats are studded with quality Glasgow stone and are worth 4K!

Exeter is a bit backward mind ;-)

Colin
15th August 2008, 03:49 PM
What an idiot :laugh:

Gaz B
15th August 2008, 04:11 PM
That makes my blood boil. Trying to knock money off of the car before they have even seen it.:ragin:Unfortunatley that is the kind of imbiciles you have to deal with when you are selling your car private.:argh: I gave up and decided to keep my mini rather than sell it to some idiot for peanuts. They can whistle for it.:Whistle:

illegalhunter
15th August 2008, 05:52 PM
2 Words 2nd One Is Off

Craig
15th August 2008, 06:02 PM
WHAT A FUD ! :thud::thud:

:laugh:

stoney
15th August 2008, 06:05 PM
as if you would even think about knocking £4000 off an already cheep car :thud: what a numpty :hand:

MiniSnaps
15th August 2008, 06:48 PM
Sounds more like his dad is a toy car salesman :laugh:

Big Gordy
15th August 2008, 07:33 PM
lastly, does it have mud flaps. this a must since I tend to bomb around the country roads of exeter and need the flaps to stop the Sh*&^ from going all over the tyres.

Ehhh:eek: Mudflaps that stop the mud from going on the tyres:eyes up: When did mini invent them:frown::Whistle:

thechief
16th August 2008, 09:31 PM
Sounds like a wind up to me folks.

Forbes
17th August 2008, 05:04 AM
How much you selling the car for in the first place?

FergusM
17th August 2008, 08:10 PM
£16,495.....http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=15288

...I suspect it is a wind up by some of my mates...waiting to see which one owns up !

Sheilz
17th August 2008, 10:55 PM
I thought it was hilarious. Got to be a wind up from some kid just trying to take the p*ss. Looks like he succeeded too :laugh:

Livi
18th August 2008, 12:43 PM
WHAT A FUD ! :thud::thud:

:laugh:

i agree!

Im sorry, but the jokes in the jokes section never made me laugh as much as this guy, now, there is taking a bit of negotiating to a certain point, for the reason, finding out a rough offer price, but with a spec that good £4k is far too much to take off (if his dad is a 'salesman' there all typically the same)

but im sorry "mudflaps to stop the dirt going on my tyres"

WTF?!? its not a hover car for crying out loud! lmao!!

ohh and the clip for the phone - probs a £1 from poundland! :rolleyes:

Big Gordy
18th August 2008, 01:38 PM
with a spec that good £4k is far too much to take off

Wouldn't stop a dealer doing it tho would it:ragin:

Livi
18th August 2008, 01:44 PM
Wouldn't stop a dealer doing it tho would it:ragin:

i agree with you there, but then i did say this

"if his dad is a 'salesman' there all typically the same" :thumbs up:

Stewart
19th August 2008, 09:40 AM
Just construct a polite E-mail back saying “aye right”

So he wants the car for close to 12K with that spec and it’s an MCS that’s been looked after and only done 8k miles….he would probably sell it for 15K on his dads forecourt.

You always get these guys scouring looking for a hit, he probably sent of twenty of these e-mails….like the Mud flap bit deliberately trying to make him look inexperienced at dealing in cars.

ELFMAN
21st August 2008, 02:55 PM
I would have told him to '£4K OFF' right enough! What a kn*b. Anyway, sounds like he's looking for a Tractor, not a MINI. Cheek. You should've invited him up to 'view' the car and given him the wrong address..... If he's for real. 'My Dad' - my Sales Manager more like....

FergusM
21st August 2008, 09:04 PM
Well...got my fisrt phone call.....from a guy in Liverpool...

...pity he wanted to know if I would take a part exchange.
...and said Glasgow was very far away.
...and wanted more ££ off it without even seeing the car....

he could at least come and see it before trying to haggle price down...