PDA

View Full Version : Who's local dealer is JC Mini Aberdeen?

AberdeenMini
25th March 2004, 08:41 PM
Has anyone been back there regarding any annoying rattles and knocking sounds? The knocking sound from the rear of my mini is starting to get to me now :evil:

KenL
25th March 2004, 09:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by AberdeenMini

Has anyone been back there regarding any annoying rattles and knocking sounds? The knocking sound from the rear of my mini is starting to get to me now :evil:

Not me sorry but my car has the knocking noise at the rear. I'd be very interested to know if they fixed it and what they did.

Lots of threads on MINI2 about this, most of them with comemnts from me :disapprove:

Wul
25th March 2004, 10:07 PM
Ken - i reckon the only way your gonna get rid of that knock is to get the MCS sooner rather than later! :p

KenL
26th March 2004, 12:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Ken - i reckon the only way your gonna get rid of that knock is to get the MCS sooner rather than later! :p

Got to wait till towards the end of the year I'm afraid - I've not got as much dosh as you you know Wul :D

Wul
26th March 2004, 01:14 AM
the word "had" was missing from your sentence above Ken! :p

Gismo
26th March 2004, 01:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by AberdeenMini
Has anyone been back there regarding any annoying rattles and knocking sounds? The knocking sound from the rear of my mini is starting to get to me now :evil:Save a journey and try this, using some electical tape wrap it around the D-Hook of the boot catch, you don't need much, approx 2 inches, just enough to do the entire hook.
Close door, test drive and voila, rattle gone :)

Willie M
26th March 2004, 04:32 PM
Agree with Bonnie. Usually the 'knocking' sound is coming from the boot latch, rear seat latches or the parcel shelf. The old insulating tape trick works a treat. With the parcel shelf, there are two littlw runbber stopper on the rear od the shelf (hatch side) and you can turn them to adjust the pressure of the hatch/shelf contact. Fiddling about with these can sometimes make a difference too.

bpirie1000
26th March 2004, 04:53 PM
maybe you could even tell j.c. about it.. They Might even appreciate it.. But then again....

Cheers Brian

KenL
29th March 2004, 04:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M

Agree with Bonnie. Usually the 'knocking' sound is coming from the boot latch, rear seat latches or the parcel shelf. The old insulating tape trick works a treat. With the parcel shelf, there are two littlw runbber stopper on the rear od the shelf (hatch side) and you can turn them to adjust the pressure of the hatch/shelf contact. Fiddling about with these can sometimes make a difference too.

The tape will fix a rattle as will the two revisions of latch striker that have been issued since MINI's release. A dull thudding/knocking noise is a different matter. I am of course an expert in this subject :p